First Name
Pulkit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 hyundai santa fe
Occupation
IT
I have been following this group for a while now and am in the market for my first Jeep and particularly the 4xe. I have been following up with a lot of the DFW Jeep dealers and all have come back with not offering anything off MSRP and saying :
" Yes the dealer discount right now is only the tax credit. Most dealers are marking these up based on availability over the MSRP. There is only $2300 in markup on a $50k Jeep Wrangler. If you make a reasonable offer we may entertain that but I promise nobody is setting record profits by selling it for MSRP. A pre-owned 4xe will likely bring MSRP plus at auction right now.""
Are others in Texas seeing something similar, also should i wait or go ahead with MSRP?
Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Mark Martinez at Mac Haik (gotta drive down to Georgetown outside of Austin) was doing 4% below invoice on custom orders on the 4xe as of 4/23. It's 2% below invoice, 1% additional for affiliates, and 1% additional for dealer financing.

Neil Carpenter at Demontrond (gotta drive further to Conroe, outside of Houston) sold me my 4xe custom order at 4% below invoice as well.

DFW dealers are shit and either uninformed or dishonest in regards to sales/discounts/"how things work", but I think one person at Huffines agreed to do a custom order at 1% below invoice for affiliates.

I've found their sales tactic for semi-informed consumers like yourself is "shit on your ideas and make you feel stupid so that you pay more."

If you're okay with a 6-9 week wait and a short road trip for your 4xe, do a custom order with Neil or Mark and save yourself 5-7k compared to these dealer lots trying to sell them at or above MSRP.

Last edited:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Check out Mac Haik in Temple as well, the one on S. General Bruce drive. They were a good dealer when I custom ordered with them back in April ā€˜19, 4% or so below invoice which at the time wasnā€™t stellar but it was good enough for me.

OP
OP
darawler

darawler

First Name
Pulkit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 hyundai santa fe
Occupation
IT
Mark Martinez at Mac Haik (gotta drive down to Georgetown outside of Austin) was doing 4% below invoice on custom orders on the 4xe as of 4/23. It's 2% below invoice, 1% additional for affiliates, and 1% additional for dealer financing.

Neil Carpenter at Demontrond (gotta drive further to Conroe, outside of Houston) sold me my 4xe custom order at 4% below invoice as well.

DFW dealers are shit and either uninformed or dishonest in regards to sales/discounts/"how things work", but I think one person at Huffines agreed to do a custom order at 1% below invoice for affiliates.

I've found their sales tactic for semi-informed consumers like yourself is "shit on your ideas and make you feel stupid so that you pay more."

If you're okay with a 6-9 week wait and a short road trip for your 4xe, do a custom order with Neil or Mark and save yourself 5-7k compared to these dealer lots trying to sell them at or above MSRP.
Talked to Mark and he is saying that they are not offering those anymore and going off purely MSRP

OP
OP
darawler

darawler

First Name
Pulkit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 hyundai santa fe
Occupation
IT
Check out Mac Haik in Temple as well, the one on S. General Bruce drive. They were a good dealer when I custom ordered with them back in April ā€˜19, 4% or so below invoice which at the time wasnā€™t stellar but it was good enough for me.
Called those guys as well and heard the same, they are not going to give anything off MSRP. Purely going off MSRP for now.

Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Urgh that sucks man, you're a month late to order I guess. I'd still search for someone willing to honor the Chrysler affiliates, it should give you invoice -1%. Did you talk to Neil @ demontrond in conroe?

JLSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I bought mine a month ago from Classic in Denton. They initially gave me the line that you're hearing. My response was that I didn't care what others were paying. This was simply a want and not a need and I would not pay msrp. They came off a couple grand easily, and that satisfied me. It wasn't a deal to write home about, but I thought it was fair enough. I've been loving mine and have no regrets. They weren't pushy in the finance office either, and were able to get me a great interest rate.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I have been following this group for a while now and am in the market for my first Jeep and particularly the 4xe. I have been following up with a lot of the DFW Jeep dealers and all have come back with not offering anything off MSRP and saying :
" Yes the dealer discount right now is only the tax credit. Most dealers are marking these up based on availability over the MSRP. There is only $2300 in markup on a $50k Jeep Wrangler. If you make a reasonable offer we may entertain that but I promise nobody is setting record profits by selling it for MSRP. A pre-owned 4xe will likely bring MSRP plus at auction right now.""
Are others in Texas seeing something similar, also should i wait or go ahead with MSRP?
try Huffinesā€¦,they worked with me on my 21 orderā€¦Janice was my sales person. No other dealers would discount like they did.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Although I think deals are out there, I think the chip shortage has become a very very real thing unfortunately. You hear about it all the time, but your experience is the reality of the car market right now. Demand is normal, but the supply is very low.

I read somewhere else on here that dealerships that would normal get something like 300 FCA vehicles a month are now expected to only receive something like 150 vehicles over the next 90 days. That means that dealerships are going to need to make every sale count for awhile.

What will be interesting is if things get really tight for them. If enough people refuse to pay MSRP and dealers end up needing any sale they can get, they might end up making some moves below a line they are comfortable with. The next 6-12 months has real potential to shake up the industry. If you don't need the vehicle right now I'd hold out and see what happens. It's a bit of a gamble either way. You either move now at MSRP, or wait and potentially see price increases. I'd imagine on the back end dealerships are trying to restructure dealer incentives as well. It's an interesting position when the manufacturer can't produce enough vehicles to satisfy market demand.
Is it better to buy now at MSRP or wait 6 months and get 4% below invoice on a more expensive vehicle? Only time will tell.

One other consideration, what about Tread Lightly or other affiliate programs that are supposed to guarantee certain pricing (ex: 1% below invoice.) Tread Lightly gets the most press here, but Costco has some options, and if you work for a big corporation your company might have some affiliate deals too. I know at my last company they had several vehicle affiliate programs. None offered amazing discounts, but most where at least a couple points off MSRP or at least invoice. That could be an option to pursue as well.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I've also heard that some dealers have monthly quotas and may come down for you at the end of the month, compared to first week. Although it may be so sparse pickings at the end of month, that may not be guaranteed even if it is normally true.

Sponsored

OP
OP
darawler

darawler

First Name
Pulkit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 hyundai santa fe
Occupation
IT
I tried asking some Dallas dealers about affiliate pricing and got no from one while few others havnt responded. Getting crazy with regards to pricing here! Anyone else have luck with affiliate pricing in DFW metroplex?

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I purchase my Jeep/Rams from Karl Klemment in Decatur, Texas, they also have the Ford dealership in town. I have purchase some 5 new vehicles from them over the years and my 2019 Ram pickup was my last purchase and before that was my 2017 Willys Wrangler. I have spoken with the sales mgr. and I have told him I wanted to order a new 2022 Wrangler when they become available to order. We did not talk discounts, or price at this time as I feel shopping 6 months down the road is useless at this time. Klemment is pretty much a country dealer and they treat there customer the same way, but if you want answers and they can't be answered today, it's probably because they don't know the answer. One thing you won't have to deal with is addons, they add nothing to the deal, but the selling price, a low dock fee, Texas title and license fees, and that's. You can add whatever you what to the deal, but only what you want to pay for. In other words none of the dealer added package they force upon you at some dealers. All I can say is they have always done what they said they would, but remember this has not been a normal last year for auto sales and not sure how long it will take for everything to get back to normal.

GreenJK

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@darawler. Everything you have heard here is true. I went to three different dealers in San Antonio and I could not get a discount off MSRP and even worse, I couldnā€™t get the Chrysler Finance lease deal either. I contacted Jerry Reynolds @ Carprousa.com. He is headquartered in Dallas. He has dealers in Dallas, or at least a dealer, and thought Texas and several other states. Typically his dealers offer Chrysler Affiliate pricing, although they donā€™t have to. He will provide you with a contact at the dealership, typically the GM or the Sales Manager. You will have a name and an appointment. I was able to place my 4xe order last month with Ancira in San Antonio for invoice -1%. Jerryā€™s dealers in DFW area will be your best bet, I think. Good luck!

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I purchase my Jeep/Rams from Karl Klemment in Decatur, Texas, they also have the Ford dealership in town. I have purchase some 5 new vehicles from them over the years and my 2019 Ram pickup was my last purchase and before that was my 2017 Willys Wrangler. I have spoken with the sales mgr. and I have told him I wanted to order a new 2022 Wrangler when they become available to order. We did not talk discounts, or price at this time as I feel shopping 6 months down the road is useless at this time. Klemment is pretty much a country dealer and they treat there customer the same way, but if you want answers and they can't be answered today, it's probably because they don't know the answer. One thing you won't have to deal with is addons, they add nothing to the deal, but the selling price, a low dock fee, Texas title and license fees, and that's. You can add whatever you what to the deal, but only what you want to pay for. In other words none of the dealer added package they force upon you at some dealers. All I can say is they have always done what they said they would, but remember this has not been a normal last year for auto sales and not sure how long it will take for everything to get back to normal.
I bought a Jeep GC from them when I lived out that way. Easy process and they really went out of their way to make my deal happen. I was upside down on a SIlverado I bought a year prior and they worked it where I was comfortable.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
One thing I don't understand is why many think they should get discounts on new Wranglers and dealers have almost nothing to sell. What part of nothing to sell do you not understand, if they ain't got it and if they get one why would they want to discount it. Plus dealers are not going to sell one from there allotment from Jeep and give a discount when they don't have to, I'm on the dealers side here somewhat at this time. Now is not the time to buy if you want to save some money wait till the auto industry return back to what it was and discount will become available again. If you think auto dealers are getting rich with nothing to sell you need a lesson in profit and loss in the business world.
Sponsored