Sponsored

Device not supported on uconnect 8.4

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I took courage and updated from 21.10 to 28.3 to 39.6.
The radio is not bricked, which is great news. The first time I turned on the radio again after updating to 39.6, I got a few messages at the bottom like "Installing ... .jar" or "Installing OffRoad Pages". I am assuming the apps were being installed from somewhere (the USB had already been removed).
Everything seems to be working fine now, the only quirky thing I noticed is that when I open the apps tab, there are some "blank" apps, which update after 20 seconds or so. Maybe this will fix itself over time.
Hopefully the update fixed the "device not supported" issue. I will report back after one month (or as soon as the issue reappears).
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
when I open the apps tab, there are some "blank" apps, which update after 20 seconds or so
I believe that is normal. The unit phones home to check for updated apps, and probably to verify trim (eg off-road pages app is only for Rubicon).

I also upgraded to 39.6, recently, and so far it’s resolved the issues I was having. 🤞

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I took courage and updated from 21.10 to 28.3 to 39.6.
The radio is not bricked, which is great news. The first time I turned on the radio again after updating to 39.6, I got a few messages at the bottom like "Installing ... .jar" or "Installing OffRoad Pages". I am assuming the apps were being installed from somewhere (the USB had already been removed).
Everything seems to be working fine now, the only quirky thing I noticed is that when I open the apps tab, there are some "blank" apps, which update after 20 seconds or so. Maybe this will fix itself over time.
Hopefully the update fixed the "device not supported" issue. I will report back after one month (or as soon as the issue reappears).
I believe that is normal. The unit phones home to check for updated apps, and probably to verify trim (eg off-road pages app is only for Rubicon).

I also upgraded to 39.6, recently, and so far it’s resolved the issues I was having. 🤞
Where'd you guys get v39.6? I've been trying to get the dealer to update mine but they've been having issues. I was able to update a few months back via USB but I am definitely on an older version.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Where'd you guys get v39.6? I've been trying to get the dealer to update mine but they've been having issues. I was able to update a few months back via USB but I am definitely on an older version.
My recommendation would be to let the dealer do it, especially if the Jeep is under warranty, so that if they brick the radio, it's on them.
If you really want to do it yourself, remember there is a possibility you might brick the radio and you can minimize it by following these instructions.
It's important you make sure your radio is at version 22.64 or above before you attempt an upgrade to 39.6!
To get the file, just send a message to someone who has updated to 39.6 and ask them if they still have it.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Uconnect software version 39.6 says it should fix the "device not supported" issue. If you do update, please let us know if the updated fixes the issue.
It's been 6 weeks since I updated to 39.6 and I still have encountered the "device not supported" issue, looks like it might be a fix :)
Sponsored