Device not supported on uconnect 8.4

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Any app I've wanted to uninstall has been easily uninstalled thru the app tab on phone. Seems it worked! Yeah
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I learned t
Exactly! Just plain simple really does work.
As with most anything, start at plain and simple. OP, had said plain and simple was not cutting it though, so next would be the Project Manager , clean up..

Good to see he got it going!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any app I've wanted to uninstall has been easily uninstalled thru the app tab on phone. Seems it worked! Yeah
You cannot uninstall Android Auto from apps on the phone itself. You can only disable.

You can go to Play Store, My apps and do the uninstall from there.

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yeah that's what I usually do, I go to the app tab then just uninstall whatever app. Idk why they designed it where you can only "uninstall" it through the Play Store, just seems weird. But anyway, least I know to go that route now next time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm sorry. That's not true brother
I think it's dependant on the phone and what android software it's running. I looked at my wife's phone too and on both my Note and her OnePlus we cannot uninstall the AA app through the phone itself, only through the Play App. Weird.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry. That's not true brother
Well, I can only speak for the S8, S10 and S20. On those you can only disable in apps on the phone. IF, you want to uninstall, you have to do it from Play Store, My apps.

Not worth arguing about. As long as OP, got-er done.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yea, I get this error every once in awhile. Pull the fuse for the radio, fixes it.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
On many Android models you can also uninstall from the prompt that your given after pressing down on the application icon for an extended period of time.

I'm sure this is locked behind various device and OS versions, but it's worked for all of my Samsung devices thus far.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Just had this happen. I tried everything in this thread except pulling the fuse and none of it worked. Finally reset everything through the JScan app and that did the trick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just had this happen. I tried everything in this thread except pulling the fuse and none of it worked. Finally reset everything through the JScan app and that did the trick.
Yeah it's been a hit/miss for me with everything mentioned in the thread. I uninstalling Android Auto is not a 100% guaranteed fix as I previously thought.
Now my only solution has been to just give up and and try again the next day, seems to only work again after several hours.

Pitiful design flaw and Jeep should be ashamed for letting this go on since the JL release. No other system seems to be plagued by this except Uconnect.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
It's happening sporadically to me, like once every 1 or 2 months. The only things that fix it for me are:
  • Letting the car "sleep" for multiple hours, or
  • taking out and putting back the radio fuse (number 97). This will also reset some radio settings.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Does anyone know if updating the Uconnect firmware would fix this issue? It keeps happening to me every month or so and having to pull a fuse when I am driving on a highway is not fun. I have avoided upgrading the firmware for a long time, because I am afraid it would not fix the issue and potentially introduce new bugs.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Uconnect software version 39.6 says it should fix the "device not supported" issue. If you do update, please let us know if the updated fixes the issue.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Uconnect software version 39.6 says it should fix the "device not supported" issue. If you do update, please let us know if the updated fixes the issue.
I haven't had the issue ever since I updated to 39.6.
Sponsored