Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_8507.JPEG

Hit up Dutch Flat off i80 on Saturday with the daughter and dogs. Tried to do it without airing down, as everything was fairly sedate. However, was unable to make it over these roots and had to deflate.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
That river flow was pretty intense. Wasn’t anything like that when I went thru there a few years ago.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
That river flow was pretty intense. Wasn’t anything like that when I went thru there a few years ago.
Nice progress on your build btw. 👍🏻

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
How did you end up making out with the sounds and rust with the jcr roof rack?

Sponsored

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

How did you end up making out with the sounds and rust with the jcr roof rack?
The sound ended up being the supplied plastic edging to protect the paint. It was touching the rear door and the small amount of flex was enough to make a clicking noise. I trimmed it just a bit and the sound went away.

As for the rust they never responded to me on that front. I bought some stainless washers and that was that. Kinda lame as they give you this bag of hardware, that covers the full rack (I had the half) and all the washers rust.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
The sound ended up being the supplied plastic edging to protect the paint. It was touching the rear door and the small amount of flex was enough to make a clicking noise. I trimmed it just a bit and the sound went away.

As for the rust they never responded to me on that front. I bought some stainless washers and that was that. Kinda lame as they give you this bag of hardware, that covers the full rack (I had the half) and all the washers rust.
Thank you ! I appreciate the info

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 89B2F0C2-C88C-4BA1-8377-6A69255D7555

Solo trip up Signal Peak off I80 with the kids and nephews. Did all the side hits but was confused on how stuff linked up to the main trail. Ended up hitting impassible snow at 7,600’.

Looking forward to doing a inner fender chop and gaining some up travel. Have a fair amount of rub in flexxy situations. Quake fender chop kit and Cavfab fender liners are on their way.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 7EAFFC8E-4D45-4061-8E98-E0C2C053D9DF

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

My son is the worst cameraman on the planet.

Last edited:

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It’s a fun trail. 👍🏻
Haven’t been up there this year yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 8599C808-06DF-46EE-A646-F06098FE1F5A

Did a quick little spin on the east side of the Rubicon Trail up to Buck Lake. It's a fairly easy drive up to the lake. The lake is a shallow mosquito pit that is NOT worth it. We quickly fled the lake with a massive swarm following us. Further up the trail on the way to Ellis peak we found a few more challenging obstacles and a great view of Lake Tahoe. There were a few fun obstacles that we sessioned at the view point. As we made our way up to the peak we were greeted with deep snow and many more mosquitos. The 4xe does not float very well and I was quickly stuck with snow to the bottom of the driver side door. We had to anchor my buddy's JK to a tree in order to winch me out. Further up the trail the snow became impassible, with drifts 10-15' high with almost vertical walls. We headed back the way we came, where I again got stuck in the snow. The weight of the 4xe just pulls you down into the low spots no matter how hard you try to stay away. None-the-less a fun trip!

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 616D7999-97D2-4E16-93CA-077DC489814E

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 5576C62E-A1BB-4F55-9647-A58179F7A969

Installed @CavFab_mfg fender liners and gutted the wheel arch while I was at it. Quake led‘s were utilized for the fender chop. I ended up bending the metal supports up into the fender arch for additional up travel. Will cut them off if they end up rubbing. The Fox remote res hose rubs pretty hard on the new fender liner. Will likely end up cutting it for a bit of clearance.

One thing that was surprising was how thin the charging wires are for the 4xe. I always thought they’d be like 4awg wire. Looks more like 10-12awg wire.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 8E58128E-23CB-4D7B-AF69-C8EF5FFAC4A6

Is there a market for take off fender marker lights? If anyone wants them hit me up. Amazing how much crap I was able to lose.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 7DD1182E-D8EA-48E3-9691-CF12119168FE

As a side rant, why the F do all aftermarket parts manufactures have to brand the crap out of their products? I’ve had to de-badge pretty much everything I’ve installed. Thankfully the Cavfab branding was fairly subtle.

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build EB015677-A158-42EE-9C4B-98A58E48702A

Junk pile is getting bigger. Gutted the rears and got the fender liners installed. The passenger side is a PITA! There are nuts that need to be installed behind the liner with almost no clearance. A bit of tape to help hold the nut is your friend. Not sure why there is a nice mounting bracket on the drivers side but hidden nuts with spacers on theother side.

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_9651.JPEG

Short outing up to the top of Signal Peak. Thankfully all the snow has melted and we were able to get all the way to the top and out the back side.

One interesting thing that happened is I had a number of overheat warnings. It was not remarkably hot, I'd say high 70's. I started the trail in 4 high and within minutes had a transmission overheat warning. I let it cool down and switched over to 4 low and never had another issue with the transmission. A mile or so down the road I did get a power steering overheat warning. My son was driving and I did notice he was putting in way too much steering input required for the trail. He looked like an actor pretending to drive a car; just sawing back and forth on the wheel. Once I took over I picked up the pace and minimized steering inputs and the warning turned off.

Minor issues aside, we had a great time. My son brought a few friends and they too got an opportunity to drive. Now they all have trail experience and no street time. It was super fun heading out the lookout with steep drops on either side of the ridgeline, making for a bit of pucker factor. Also, the descent into Cisco Grove was a blast at high speed. The Fox suspension really comes into its own when pushed hard. It was like washboard roads didn't even exist.

Now it's time to hook up with some other Jeepers so I can hit some of the harder trails.
Sponsored