First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
$500 credit off the top on new Jeep products through the end of April.

For those of you on Jeeps system, they are sending everyone a coupon for the above “discount”. Maybe they want to take a little sting out of their price increase for those of us already in the process..

Jim:
There’s never been a better time to get behind the wheel of a Jeep® Brand vehicle. Use your $500 Bonus Cash Allowance1 and take advantage of Spring Sales Event deals to help you save even more. Plus, your offer can be used toward most new 2017 or 2018 Jeep Brand vehicles — in addition to most current public offers.
Stop by your local dealer today and take a closer look at our current lineup. You can get approved2 for financing online to save time.
brnd_cta_jee_cta.jpg

CLAIM YOUR ADVENTURE
brnd_promo_jee_dual.jpg

Jeep.com Get a quote Search inventory Get incentives Find a dealer Jeep gear
logo_jee_tbg174x69.png
Unfortunately... if you look at the fine print, Wranglers are now excluded! I'm pasting the text from mine below:

Exclusive $500 Bonus Cash Allowance offer is valid toward the purchase or lease of most eligible new and unused 2018 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo Brand vehicles (excludes 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, Dodge Challenger SRT® Demon, Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, Wrangler, FIAT 500e, 500 Hatchback Pop, 500X Pop, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and Stelvio Quadrifoglio). Customer must take retail delivery by April 30, 2018.
Sponsored

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
$500 credit off the top on new Jeep products through the end of April.

For those of you on Jeeps system, they are sending everyone a coupon for the above “discount”. Maybe they want to take a little sting out of their price increase for those of us already in the process..

Jim:
There’s never been a better time to get behind the wheel of a Jeep® Brand vehicle. Use your $500 Bonus Cash Allowance1 and take advantage of Spring Sales Event deals to help you save even more. Plus, your offer can be used toward most new 2017 or 2018 Jeep Brand vehicles — in addition to most current public offers.
Now that would be a decent thing to do. My only concern is that the JL isn't in that picture (could be an old marketing one, sure), and the use of the word most in the above offer. Would be great to see all of the disclaimers.

EDIT: see above

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This is not a political issue, it is an ethical one.
You're trolling hard - I posted this on another thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/if-the-new-jl-is-too-pricy.4598/page-2#post-93976

Frankly, I will be astounded if you're still around without changing your attitude. One of the principals in Rebel Off Road - a sponsor of this board - lives around the corner from me. I'm the type of potential customer he & advertisers dream about. I come here to research different Jeep ideas & uses, not to debate self-declared politics & ethics.

Either the owner/mods wake up, or they lose site interest to complainers and shills.

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Now that would be a decent thing to do. My only concern is that the JL isn't in that picture (could be an old marketing one, sure), and the use of the word most in the above offer. Would be great to see all of the disclaimers.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/if-the-new-jl-is-too-pricy.4598/page-2#post-93976

Frankly, I will be astounded if you're still around without changing your attitude. One of the principals in Rebel Off Road - a sponsor of this board - lives around the corner from me. I'm the type of potential customer he & advertisers dream about. I come here to research different Jeep ideas & uses, not to debate self-declared politics & ethics.

Either the owner/mods wake up, or they lose site interest to complainers and shills.
Wow. Well argued. So, your ideas of personal freedoms are to ban and censor those who don't see it your way? That's definitely the best way to win: take your ball and go home.
BTW, the empty threat of "I know (fill in the blank) so you'd better adopt my way of seeing this or I'll have the doorman bounce you hasn't worked since I threw out my fake ID. Any consumer that advertisers dream about is a fool, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take all of the money you'll hand over without thought or question.

Others made this political, I patently stated this is not a political issue. But prices charged should always be an ethical one, just as many threads here have addressed hidden dealer charges. Should we not discuss that and just pay whatever undercoating and "Market Adjustment" any dealer wishes to impose?
To quote Willy Wonka, "Good day, sir. I said GOOD DAY!"

Last edited:

KY_Soldier

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ-2A, 2021 4xe, few Teslas & Ferraris
The idea of simply adding cost to delivery is an absurd one. While supply/demand is in play, FCA has constantly raised the prices of it's vehicles several times a year to make each increment less noticeable. It's death by 100 paper cuts. It is a great short term business strategy to inflate prices in hopes of seizing the moment, HOWEVER this is not some exclusive edition vehicle like the SRT stuff, etc. It is quite literally the largest volume vehicle FCA sells. Over the long term, I believe this strategy is short sighted and does harm to the customer experience. Rather than engage in transparent business practices that emphasize value, it goes in the opposite direction, which is to play to all that people dread about the overall car buying experience. Jeep should be selling the wrangler like Apple sells it's iphones. Price it with an entry level that emphasizes it can be had by all, with premium editions costing more and offering more exclusive options. Then stop the madness with all the discounting, invoice pricing, etc. I own two Teslas and can say that the buying experience is so much simpler, pure, and understandable, and no one walks away regretting that they got a shitty deal since there are no discounts (also had a similar enjoyable experience with Saturn in 1991 whose business model was ahead of it's time). I would rather Jeep just price the Wrangler at market (which is somewhere around invoice) and stop all the incentives. If you need those crappy incentives to sell your products, you aren't offering a compelling customer experience. Just my .02.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I was at a local Jeep dealer yesterday checking out the JL. They had maybe 6 JLs on the lot that I could view. They had about 30 or more JKs!

Their JLU Sport S's were well equipped but approaching $45k!

Not happy about the MSRP and destination fee price increases, but just helps confirm my decision to wait a bit longer before purchasing. I don't mind spending an extra $500-$750 if it gets me a more reliable vehicle. When I start to second guess my decision to wait, I just head over to this thread...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.49/

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

What you posted in that thread was every bit as stupid as that you've penned here.

The site is doing fine letting people carry on whichever discussions they want in threads--even if they get your panties in a damned wad. In my decade of forums I have never seen admins nor owners say "I'll ban people who bring up something negative!!"

I do not know what fantasy world you are living in.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I was at a local Jeep dealer yesterday checking out the JL. They had maybe 6 JLs on the lot that I could view. They had about 30 or more JKs!

Their JLU Sport S's were well equipped but approaching $45k!

Not happy about the MSRP and destination fee price increases, but just helps confirm my decision to wait a bit longer before purchasing. I don't mind spending an extra $500-$750 if it gets me a more reliable vehicle. When I start to second guess my decision to wait, I just head over to this thread...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.49/
I was initially a bit pissed about the latest increase (I will continue to criticize the insane destination fee), but it is what it is. It becomes bad value in some comparisons, however it's still unique.

Last one, FCA. I'll pay this price. One more increase and I'll just shop used JK, or something else altogether. Better hurry and get a 2018 before the BSG I don't want in a 2019 raises the MSRP more.

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I was initially a bit pissed about the latest increase (I will continue to criticize the insane destination fee), but it is what it is. It becomes bad value in some comparisons, however it's still unique.

Last one, FCA. I'll pay this price. One more increase and I'll just shop used JK, or something else altogether. Better hurry and get a 2018 before the BSG I don't want in a 2019 raises the MSRP more.
Ditto. I've wanted the JL since the new gen was starting to be discussed many Easter weeks ago. With each tease my car-lust was renewed. Even after pricing and limited specs, it still looked like the perfect car for me. For a while I was going to the configurator at least once a day, tacking on option after option, package after awesome package: $40k, $45k easy. Then $50k came and went. Leather and dual top? O.K., now I've broken $55k. Still quite willing. The reviews came out: all good. I'm on board. No interest in a $4k power top or an unproven 2.0. Still hovering around $55k.
Now these little creepy-crawly increases. Sure, it's just $750, but the cost was already bloated. Hard to justify making the purchase. I start thinking, I loved the JK. Hell, there are many, many cars out there I love. The doubts start to enter my mind: first year models always have problems; what about the limited editions that will eventually come?; should I just save more anyway?; am I really going to drop $55k on a new car for the first time in my life? Should really start cross-shopping before Jeep makes this thing out of reach. Plus, as I sit next to a Rubicon Recon at the light this morning, how many of these will be on dealer lots as droves of people trade in slightly used models for the newest, and admittedly vastly better, model? So, what was once an order to happen in the next 60 days or so, will now be a waiting game to see what the market, and Jeep's dynamic pricing policy, will bring over the next year or so.

I know, I know, they won't miss me or my single order. But I will never forgive myself if I get so emotionally bound to a car purchase that I let a manufacturer get the better of me, my common sense and my disappointment that the maker of an American icon has opted to sour the market for a percent or two.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I'm not as much peeved by the price increase but more about the timing. The JL is in its first 1-2 month production release and Jeep already raises the price? I guess 90% of buyers won't know the difference since they don't follow this site. I bet that's what FCA is thinking too.

Just makes my decision to wait a little longer a bit easier. Figure I can try to get a deeper discount in 6-8 months to help offset the increase. Went to the dealer Sunday to check out the JLU. They had about 6 on the lot and a huge inventory of JKs.

I just think of it as the early adopters received a $750 discount. There are some on this forum that probably wished they had waited since they are experiencing certain problems.

Someone called it correct in an old thread. They stated the dealer told them a price increase was coming and I was thinking that can't be true since the JL was just officially released.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car

He's not trolling at all. I think you are just unable to deal with different opinions.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Unfortunately... if you look at the fine print, Wranglers are now excluded! I'm pasting the text from mine below:

Exclusive $500 Bonus Cash Allowance offer is valid toward the purchase or lease of most eligible new and unused 2018 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo Brand vehicles (excludes 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, Dodge Challenger SRT® Demon, Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, Wrangler, FIAT 500e, 500 Hatchback Pop, 500X Pop, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and Stelvio Quadrifoglio). Customer must take retail delivery by April 30, 2018.
I wonder if the Wrangler JK is excluded. It just says wrangler which is what they now call the JL.

Where did you get this offer from?

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
I wonder if the Wrangler JK is excluded. It just says wrangler which is what they now call the JL.

Where did you get this offer from?
It came via email from Jeep Brand.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
It came via email from Jeep Brand.
Ahh so I bet it is a golden ticket. Only a select few get them if so.

I have bought 5 jeeps in the last 3 years and always get Jeep emails. I didn't get this one so it must not be for everyone unfortunately.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
If it makes anyone feel better, the destination is $1645 on the new Rams. :facepalm:
Sponsored