ald

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Desperate need of a JLU soft top!

I will pay a reasonable premium for a soft top someone may have if I can get it this week. Prefer premium, but will take anything at this point!

My Sob Story.

I am having my 50th bday event / vacation for a week on an island week after next! Most of the people coming (family and friends) to spend a few days or the whole week are wrangler nuts like my wife and me! Guess who will be the only one with a hard top! Yep the birthday boy! Was planning on soft top no doors all week!

I bought the first JL Rubicon to hit RI! Only down side is it was a hard top only. Dealer says no big deal you can order the soft top. That is exactly what I did when I bought my 2012 makes perfect sense.

Then they could not order it, but I was not worried because it was still snowing out and figured there was plenty of time! Clearly that has not turned out to be the case as we all know. I check week after week and still could not actually place an order. How Jeep comes out with a new product and taunts how great a new feature is; then cannot produce it is beyond me. I understand I could not get it right away, but it has been a long time now! I had opened up a case with the wave team, and that has been useless! They promised a call back on a certain day and never call, then when you call them they just say they are going to do what they said they would do the last time I called, very disappointing. What is even worse, when I escalated the case, they tell me it is still in development so they can’t give me an ETA. Development I ask? I know they are coming thru on Jeeps now. I am seeing them frequently now. They then tell me it is not the same top!! Hard to believe as I have a friend that got one from someone that had bought a duel top and it worked great! Then continue to tell me it is different as an excuse, and that is just not the truth! Packaging maybe; but they claim that it is a different top still. (I wish I could get the call recordings; I think you would all find it amusing how they do not know the product). Frankly, I would have never bought the new jeep if I thought I would be stuck in the hard top this summer! I wish I had my old one back!

Anyway, if anyone out there wants to make a few bucks on their soft top and help out an old man let me know! I am in Sothern new England.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Well, if you can't locate a soft top it's pretty easy to take the hard top off, so you could take it off when you get there and put it back on when you leave. I did that on my last camping trip and it worked out well. Depends on the forecast, though, but if you're taking the doors off the top is actually slightly easier. There were a couple of rain showers and I just placed the top on without bolting it down and it kept it dry.

OP
OP

ald

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Well, if you can't locate a soft top it's pretty easy to take the hard top off, so you could take it off when you get there and put it back on when you leave. I did that on my last camping trip and it worked out well. Depends on the forecast, though, but if you're taking the doors off the top is actually slightly easier. There were a couple of rain showers and I just placed the top on without bolting it down and it kept it dry.
Thanks!
Definitely my backup plan. May even get some of those quick release bolts. I am worried about where I will put it at the hotel. Was planing to leave the doors home.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link