me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
First off - thanks for your service. I flew 58Ds and was in flight school during the first Desert Storm, but spend a year in the sand after the war patrolling the no-fly zone and keeping the Iraqis in check. I was in CAV squadrons (3/4 Heavy in Germany and 3/17 Light in Ft Drum) for my military career.
My jeep tribute is my custom sunshade - Scouts Out!

JLUR Scouts Out Sun Shade.jpg
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
First off - thanks for your service. I flew 58Ds and was in flight school during the first Desert Storm, but spend a year in the sand after the war patrolling the no-fly zone and keeping the Iraqis in check. I was in CAV squadrons (3/4 Heavy in Germany and 3/17 Light in Ft Drum) for my military career.
My jeep tribute is my custom sunshade - Scouts Out!

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR JLUR Scouts Out Sun Shade
If you ain’t Cav…

2/2 ACR & 1/3 ACR myself. Nice to find another Trooper on the forum.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Edit: Never mind. Just noticed you are going for a Desert Storm theme and not just desert theme. But still...
British SAS and french commandos used Jeeps for night raids against German airfields in north Africa during WWII. These Jeeps were pretty bada$$.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Desert storm vet paying tribute to all my brother in arms with my tower of power decal. . Especially to my Pathfinders brothers. FILO

IMG_4229.jpeg

pfdr18 35.jpeg

pfdr18 21.jpeg

pfdr15.jpeg

pfdr19 8.jpeg

pfdr20 2.jpeg

pfdr18 20.jpeg
Hey Brother, from one CIB to another, good on ya!

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
If you ain’t Cav…

2/2 ACR & 1/3 ACR myself. Nice to find another Trooper on the forum.
The helicopters I inherited when I got to Germany were attached to 2nd ACR for Desert Storm. Those crews saw some action. I was lucky as an officer to spend all my non-training assignments in CAV Squadrons. I loved going to gunnery with the Heavy CAV - The M1s are awesome!

Sponsored

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
right back at you, who were you with?
I was OPCON in I/II corp AO, could almost say who was I NOT with. That said most of my time was with the 1st Cav,( Bong Song and DMZ) White Horse Korean Rangers, outfit, 82 Abn (IIRC), ARVINs, 1/5 Mech and on and on, after a while I lost track I was with so many units. I was with a different unit every few weeks. Hey came out, we worked and they often stayed till a firefight on contact and went back to the rear, I stayed out and waited for a sometimes bevy of Hueys to bring more Infantry and YES I was often out there by myself, LOL. I am writing a book: "Vietnam A Comedy of Errors" and that it was!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
:like:

Well late to this one, you could even go with woodland camo. Sadly many of us was wearing BDU's during Desert Shield, Desert Storm. As a Desert Storm Vet and multiple following trips 3 as Inf. 2 sadly not.
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR VZM.IMG_20160322_195142-2

Desert Storm. Packing a M60 around for some stuff is handy but an AK-47 works for somethings better.
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR Desert Storm t (1)-2
to put things in to perspective.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR 20220809_082420

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was OPCON in I/II corp AO, could almost say who was I NOT with. That said most of my time was with the 1st Cav,( Bong Song and DMZ) White Horse Korean Rangers, outfit, 82 Abn (IIRC), ARVINs, 1/5 Mech and on and on, after a while I lost track I was with so many units. I was with a different unit every few weeks. Hey came out, we worked and they often stayed till a firefight on contact and went back to the rear, I stayed out and waited for a sometimes bevy of Hueys to bring more Infantry and YES I was often out there by myself, LOL. I am writing a book: "Vietnam A Comedy of Errors" and that it was!
Outstanding, I bow to you. When I first enlisted, most of my 1SGs and PLT SGTs were all Vietnam vets and we idolized them. We would go to the NCO club and listen to their stories while in SF, Macv -SOG, Lima Rangers, 101st. Great bunch of heroes. Keep me posted on the book, would like to read it.

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR 20220809_092949
much respect for my brothers and sisters in arms!
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR 20220809_092949
Sgt Major I salute you...Had a good friend who was a Sgt Major, in fact, he was up for the Sgt Maj of the Army, he did not get it so decided to retire. He was old school, wow. Guys like him are hard as nails. We go on a 10 run and at 5 miles he light up a Camel nonfilter and smoked as he ran. Hard-bitten, crusty, salty, bar clearing, whiskey drinking HARD CORE SOB. But I like him, he was a good Texas boy. He and I were drinkin and talking over at his place and he had a set of Class As hanging up and he told it what they were going to bury him in. I was looking at all his medals and did he have a chest full. So I asked what of the medals and awards he got on IIRC 38 years at that time what was the one that mean the most? He looked at me with that Camel dangling from his mouth and said the CIB and his had Stars on it. He said you can get a Bronze Star sitting at a desk stateside and you get a Purple Heart stumbling out of the NCO or Officers club in a War Zone. THe CIB says you were in the fight in the bloody arena, the Valley of the Shadow of Death and that to me is everything the Army is about.

He said, Capt, nothing means more to me than my CIB. He said you can get a Bronze Star sitting at a desk stateside and you get a Purple Heart stumbling out of the NCO or Officers club in a War Zone. The CIB says you were in the fight in the bloody arena, the Valley of the Shadow of Death and that to me is everything the Army is about.

I said Sgt Maj, you are right and I feel the same way. Also, think on this, the Infantry is the reason, why the rest of the military is in a support role, we are THE TIP of the spear.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR charitycoinshop_1990_66266846

MWeb14

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Army(Retired)
HOOAH! I have a lot of close friends that are Infantry! Myself though, artillery! King of Battle

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD
HOOAH! I have a lot of close friends that are Infantry! Myself though, artillery! King of Battle
Artillery are every Infantry's best friend.