Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR HMMWV IR Lights

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
When I was in the Army we were driving M-151's, be kind of hard to give a new one that Mutt look.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Another Desert Storm Vet here.

If you’re not using Black Rhino Abrams wheels, you’re doing it wrong
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR HMMWV IR Lights

That’s my M1A1 Abrams before we switched over to the M1A1 Heavy (Sand colored version) for Christmas.
Good times, I was a Bradley Commander in the first Gulf War. OEF/OIF, mostly leadership roles. Best times of my life.

SGTJohnsonDSBradleyDIVARTY.gif

1935925_180487842159_6198294_n (1).jpg

Astheros

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
looking forward to the build! too bad gobi is not offered for 23. so i went with high velocity instead! 2 extremes.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Gulf War vet here. But for the suggestion to add a large chevron (the original purpose of which was to provide a visual ID to prevent friendly fire) you may as well build your JLU as you wish. With respect, Sean, it's just going to be a collection of popular bolt-on parts.
While most folks on the road wouldn't have any clue about the whole chevron thing, I still dig it; great suggestion. And while we're on the subject of friendly fire, why not incorporate a VS-17 panel that could also serve as a bikini top?

Other accessories could include a massive SINCGARS radio that never works and several cases of MREs that have been robbed of all the good meal options, leaving only corned beef hash and ham slices. ("Good" being a relative term, of course!) Oh...and how about those sundry packs that included soap-flavored M&Ms? I could go on and on....

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
While most folks on the road wouldn't have any clue about the whole chevron thing, I still dig it; great suggestion. And while we're on the subject of friendly fire, why not incorporate a VS-17 panel that could also serve as a bikini top?

Other accessories could include a massive SINCGARS radio that never works and several cases of MREs that have been robbed of all the good meal options, leaving only corned beef hash and ham slices. ("Good" being a relative term, of course!) Oh...and how about those sundry packs that included soap-flavored M&Ms? I could go on and on....
Ham slice is not bad when heated. Tuna casserole should be given to prisoners for torture. Corned beef hash was really Alpo.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...several cases of MREs that have been robbed of all the good meal options, leaving only corned beef hash and ham slices. ("Good" being a relative term, of course!) Oh...and how about those sundry packs that included soap-flavored M&Ms? I could go on and on....
MREs. Ugh. Best have a laxative already stowed in your loadout, too. DAMHIK.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
This thread is great. I come from a Navy family, but did not follow in their footsteps, something I frequently regret. I absolutely love these candid photos and stories as its kind of a glimpse of what service is really like. I know this is a bit off topic, but just wanted to say thanks for sharing to all of you.

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
Those wheels were in consideration - I know solid choice. I’m just always preferential to Fuel.
If you're taking a survey, those Abrams in Textured Matte Gunmetal are EXACTLY the right choice, IMHO... They've got a great flat chunky look!
Sponsored