First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
If the OP wants the real Abrams look he’s gotta mix and match tan and green wheels, knock big chunks out of his rubber and sling hub oil all over his wheel face.
Maybe a crosswind sensor would be a nice touch mounted above his spare tire to finish off the look.
and every time he stops he has to blow out the air filter.

In all seriousness, I’ve subscribed. I want to see how this turns out @Southers313
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Desert Storm vet here too. You’re going to need a matte wrap. Simple C channel bumper up front with a Mile Marker winch, rear bumper delete with D rings, steel bead lock wheels, jerry cans on the tailgate and the spare inside, an OD green 8’ fiberglass whip antenna, with a lanyard to hold it down while driving in garrison, a fastback hardtop with a turret in it (mine had a MK19 40mm grenade machine gun), some kind of OD seat covers like Bartact, steel plates and sand bags on the floors for IED protection. There’s more, but that hits the high spots.

Many of our command staff were given brand new Land Rover Discoveries or Jeep XJs in every color available. They didn’t mind being driven around in them. Mostly REMFs, O6 or above.

Last edited:

LazySumo

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Mostly REMFs, O6 or above.
Actually ran into a few of then who were useful. We had a new Combat Systems Officer report aboard and his 'welcome' speech included the standard, "I'll work you boys hard, but we'll also play hard" and damned if he didn't throw us some parties.

Please line up to the left for Navy "play hard" jokes.

:)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I lived in the HMMWV, a 2x4 and poncho hootch or a GP large tent the whole time. Put 15k hard miles on that damned HMMWV in 7 months. Slept under roof exactly 1 (one) night while in Riyadh. No damn parties for us. That’s the Army for you.

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Another Desert Storm Vet here.

If you’re not using Black Rhino Abrams wheels, you’re doing it wrong
CC02DD35-62DC-4B0C-BC75-61D33CA9AC43.jpeg

That’s my M1A1 Abrams before we switched over to the M1A1 Heavy (Sand colored version) for Christmas.
This post smells like FRH, turbine exhaust, and mod-deuce crates. :)

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Looks like your getting a hard top. You can get a vinyl decal air panel for the roof so you’re not droned or lit up on a Close Air Support Gun run.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Can’t believe no one has mentioned mounting a Ma Deuce on the center roll cage bar, make it a jeep technical!
We put that on out 5 tons. Most HMMWVs had M60s and 1 per squad had a MK19. We were always out on solo 3 man patrols, but each team was within radio range of the next. If you wanted to talk to the platoon TOC, you had to relay it back in those days. If you were out of radio range, you were on your own.

Last edited:

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Can’t believe no one has mentioned mounting a Ma Deuce on the center roll cage bar, make it a jeep technical!
You can mount a gun onto anything....I think he def should do a .50cal. Here's a little nostalgia of mine....decided to let the fab shop in Afghanistan build me a ride we could have sling-loaded out to the hinterlands to blow up a few caches. Needless to say, it was heavy but this is exactly what he needs to do....a little welding for a swing-arm mount.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR 1659797743244

Sponsored

mellophonium

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Edit: Never mind. Just noticed you are going for a Desert Storm theme and not just desert theme. But still...
British SAS and french commandos used Jeeps for night raids against German airfields in north Africa during WWII. These Jeeps were pretty bada$$.
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR BritishSAS
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR britishsas2

Skrumpcious

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mirage
How about mounting some fuel or water jugs on the rear somewhere. That's one of the few mods that I'd like to do to my jeep whenever it comes in.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I was thinking that the OP was looking for the Rat Patrol look.

To all the Vets, Oorah & a BIG THANKS!
:captain:

Have to admit, if Jeep makes the OD color they had at EJS this year, available on a JLURXR, I may just have to trade my 2020 JLUR in.

But, can't wait to see just what the OP comes up with. That Gobi looks GREAT.
:like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR zSE7Q-1515535160-10972-list_items-ratpatrol_georgeheart

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Storm (Military) Themed JLUR gobi jl
Sponsored