zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine this week, massive difference in comfort. Very very pleased with the results and i'll get a second set for the passenger side.
Did you get the adjustable ones?
Sponsored

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
@DesertDoesIt I installed the fixed 1 1/4" fixed seat jacker that was redesigned for a better look. DesertDoesit was very kind sending me out a set of the redesigned jackers at no cost to me. This was due to the fact I made my own plastic covering for a better look for my taste which lead them to the redesign.

I think it looks 100% better than the original. I installed this set on my passenger side and I have the adjustable full 1" installed on my drivers side. I have not tested out the feel of the new one yet. It does feel different from the 1" for sure just by sitting on it. I will post back once I test the comfort out a bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels IMG_1244

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels IMG_1245

Here is the original look of the adjustable installed on the drivers side
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels 1616346723710

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
@DesertDoesIt

I just ordered my Jeep and planning on installing these. I felt like the seat was dumping me out.

I'm 6'0" and have long legs, inseam 34-35".

Do you recommend the adjustable or the fixed jackers? I saw in a post you were saying the adjustable might be for people with 32" and less.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
@DesertDoesIt

I just ordered my Jeep and planning on installing these. I felt like the seat was dumping me out.

Do you recommend the adjustable or the fixed jackers? I saw in a post you were saying the adjustable might be for people with 32" and less.
I was just getting ready to ask the same thing. Inseam of 34"

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
@DesertDoesIt
And @WilhelmSR

I felt the same way. I'm 6'2", have a 32 inseam and got the adjustable, it's a big difference from the stock and much better, but in hindsight I should have gotten the fixed. I'd recommend the fixed.

Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I felt the same way. I'm 6'2", have a 32 inseam and got the adjustable, it's a big difference from the stock and much better, but in hindsight I should have gotten the fixed. I'd recommend the fixed.
Thank you for the feed back. I will get the fixed .

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
Thanks for the response

What's your reasoning? Wanting even more angle?

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thanks for the response

What's your reasoning? Wanting even more angle?
Yes. It's night and day difference from factory with the adjustable, but I feel I could use another 1/4 inch or so.

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Thanks for all the replies.

Seating comfort is very subjective so I always struggle suggesting what would work for any particular person.

I will say that I've had more folks go from Fixed (1.25" lift) to the adjustable Seat Jackers (.75"/1") then the other way around.

What I suggest if you are unsure, is to grab a bath towel roll/fold it up and put it underneath your legs/knees. Depending on how that feels you should be able to gauge which front Seat Jackers are best for you.

Sorry not a ton of help but it is very difficult when you're talking seat comfort even when you have two people that are built identically.

Thanks
Steve

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
So this just brings me to question does anyone make a setup to give more fore/aft seat travel, even all the way back is too short.

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Two Thumbs Up for a great product!

I got mine installed after fighting with the door side OEM bolt. It appeared to have red thread locker along it's entire length. I had to get out the impact wrench!

I really like having that additional support for my upper legs. I feel very comfortable in the OEM seat now.

I did the driver's side. Wife has the passenger side adjusted up as far as it will go and likes it that way.

THanks for producing the Seat Jackers!

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
We've updated our design to fill out the area between the seat rail and floor. Functions the same.

This is for the fixed front Seat Jackers only. The adjustable ones stay the same.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels 1616346723710
Any chance you can come up with a redesign of the adjustable seat jacker to fill the gap? If not, maybe a fixed version at 1” with the same design as the 1.25”? The gap is keeping me from purchasing, it would kill my OCD. Thanks

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Any chance you can come up with a redesign of the adjustable seat jacker to fill the gap? If not, maybe a fixed version at 1” with the same design as the 1.25”? The gap is keeping me from purchasing, it would kill my OCD. Thanks
Thanks for reaching out. Its unlikely we will be re-designing the Adjustable Front Seat Jackers.

KrazyKanuck

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Has anyone tried the Seat Slammers?

My head pretty much touches the bar in my JLU when sitting and if i tilt the chair back it hits it.

I saw the slammers which would give me the extra head space and looking more through the center of the windshield instead of closer to the top.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me!

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Has anyone tried the Seat Slammers?

My head pretty much touches the bar in my JLU when sitting and if i tilt the chair back it hits it.

I saw the slammers which would give me the extra head space and looking more through the center of the windshield instead of closer to the top.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me!
Hey Joe,

See below link for more feedback and comments from folks that have installed. There are also a few reviews on the product listing. Generally speaking, people like them and feel like they are sitting IN there jeeps, not on them. Hope that helps.

Thread Link, actual feedback starts around Page 9

Steve
DDI
Sponsored