Sponsored

Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I just ordered some myself. I assume the kit is one seat only? I will start with the drivers seat then the passenger seat if it goes well. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor, 2015 Lexus GX460, Fiero
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
I just ordered some myself. I assume the kit is one seat only? I will start with the drivers seat then the passenger seat if it goes well. Thanks.
Correct, each kit is for one seat. They are universal so they will fit either the driver or passenger seat.

Thanks for your order.

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
My seat jackers arrived today and I just finished a test run down the road and back. Very happy with the results. I'm 5'11" and used the larger 1" setting as you recommended. There is most definitely a difference and I feel like my a** sets all the way back in the seat now. No more "leaning" forward feel. You do feel like your setting higher, but you get used to it after a few minutes and its not a big deal.

***For those of you getting ready to install these, just make sure you install the one on the transmission side first and not the door side. This will make it a lot easier to align the holes. My total install time was probably around 30 min, give or take a few.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
Our issue is the passenger seat, we are both short and want to raise the passenger seat straight up, not tilted back. For now we use a cushion. I hope a solution to move all four corners up about an inch comes along some day.

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
Ordered. Looking forward to installing as I get a terrible pain in my right leg/hip. The stock seat is too flat, no thigh support.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
Our issue is the passenger seat, we are both short and want to raise the passenger seat straight up, not tilted back. For now we use a cushion. I hope a solution to move all four corners up about an inch comes along some day.
We have a rear kit that can be used to lift the rear (adjustable from .25" to .75"). I can get it listed in a kit if there is interest. Probably end up being another $30 on top of the adjustable or fixed front Seat Jackers.

Let me know if you're interested.

Steve

Last edited:

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the adjustable seat jackers today. No issues getting anything lined up. I used the full one inch setup and I will try that for now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels IMG_1074

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels IMG_1075

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Got mine as a holiday gift, and waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to install. I really hope this helps with the lower back/tailbone soreness I've been experiencing. Really surprised at that, because otherwise, the seats are really comfortable.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DesertDoesIt A little mod to the Seat Jacker install from yesterday. Once installed I really did not like the space it left lifting the frame off the carpet. So I cut a piece of plastic and installed it to take up the void. I used a plastic push pin to hold it on. I like the look much better.

Here is the space with the jacker installed

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels IMG_1075

Here is the plastic piece

Here is the hole I drilled for the push pin

The finished product

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
@DesertDoesIt A little mod to the Seat Jacker install from yesterday. Once installed I really did not like the space it left lifting the frame off the carpet. So I cut a piece of plastic and installed it to take up the void. I used a plastic push pin to hold it on. I like the look much better.

Here is the space with the jacker installed

IMG_1075.jpeg

Here is the plastic piece
IMG_1076.jpeg

Here is the hole I drilled for the push pin

IMG_1077.jpeg

The finished product
IMG_1079.jpeg
That looks pretty slick. We've gone back and forth on making a larger contoured seat jacker but it would have put the cost over $100 and we didn't think that would fly with our customers. Its still a possibility.

Sponsored

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
Installed my seat jacker today, driver's side. It defiantly tilts the seat back, supporting the thighs much better than stock. It also allows for a bit more leg room, which is welcome for me at 6'. My right leg did not like the standard seat, I got a terrible pain in my upper leg where it meets my hip.

I do sit much higher in the seat which is taking some getting used to.

Overall a well made product that solved a problem.

OP
OP
DesertDoesIt

DesertDoesIt

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Owner of Desert Does It
We've updated our design to fill out the area between the seat rail and floor. Functions the same.

This is for the fixed front Seat Jackers only. The adjustable ones stay the same.

Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels PXL_20210225_004600078
Jeep Wrangler JL Desert Does It - We make Seat Jackers and seat mount Molle panels PXL_20210225_005213573

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Since seeing others use these the past few days I've been thinking about my comfort as I drive. Seems like I'd be more comfortable with the front of the seat lifted a little.

Decided to buy the adjustable set today and hopefully it improves the comfort of my ride.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I ordered a set for my dad’s FJ. He installed them and likes them so far.
so I ordered a set for my Jeep. I didn’t see an option for the rear part of the seat Steve.

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
Installed mine this week, massive difference in comfort. Very very pleased with the results and i'll get a second set for the passenger side.
Sponsored