Deposit placed today!! Joining the club!! Now the wait begins

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I'm assuming that your dealer told you it went back to BX? Curious what caused it to go D-BX-D?
Allegedly, it was one of the 80 or so non-allocated VINs issued by mistake.
Sponsored

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
It's a 392 thing. A couple of months ago, a bunch of VINs were issued for vehicles ordered by dealers without allocation (which put them in D status). When the mistake was realized, those went back to BX. However, they are starting to build them (which would bring them forward to D status).
Is there more info on that? I ordered mine without an allocation on 6/3 and it came back accepted on 6/4. I was curious as to why, I was pretty sure it wouldn't be accepted and I'd have to start calling dealerships (774552). But if that happened a couple months ago mine might have been accepted for a different reason.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Is there more info on that? I ordered mine without an allocation on 6/3 and it came back accepted on 6/4. I was curious as to why, I was pretty sure it wouldn't be accepted and I'd have to start calling dealerships (774552). But if that happened a couple months ago mine might have been accepted for a different reason.
It appears the last of the 80 or so were ordered around 4/6 (the date mine was ordered). My dealers rep told the him multiple times that mine would not be built. I hounded Jeep Corp for several weeks trying to get an answer on whether the rig would actually be built before finally reaching a higher up that told me it would “definitely”.

mine recently went to D1 with a ship date of 7/19, so it appears he was correct.

Through my several calls to Jeep, it appears dealers don’t have to take their 392 allocations - if they don’t take them by certain dates, however, they can lose them and the allocation can be reassigned to another dealer. I spoke to one dealer who told me this is what happened to them, they lost their 392 allocation because they didn’t order by May 15 or something.

so, if that is correct, one possibility is Jeep started pushing the erroneous VINs into production using the unused dealer allocations and just reassigning them to the dealer that placed the original unallocated order. Your case could be the same as the 80 erroneous VINs, except maybe Jeep just had some outstanding unassigned allocations - but that is total speculation and a guess.

that said, I read on another forum yesterday that unless a dealer has an allocation, you can no longer place an order - or, at least not get a VIN.
Sponsored

Last edited: