Departure time scheduling?

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
I have scoured the owner's manual, supplements, mobile app and infotainment screens and can not find any instructions for setting a departure time. Does this NOT exist in the Jeep 4xe? Every other plug in vehicle that I am familiar with has this feature. Seems like a strange thing for Jeep for forget to include....

I am looking for a way to let the vehicle know that I plan to drive it so it can pre-condition the cabin to my desired temperature setting (provided it is plugged in). Would also activate the seat heaters and heated steering wheels during the winter months.

Is there some other way to accomplish this besides remote start?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is there some other way to accomplish this besides remote start?
None of the Wrangler models do what you ask, other than with remote start.

OP
OP

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
None of the Wrangler models do what you ask, other than with remote start.
Bummer. It is a plug in vehicle thing. I presume the Pacifica PHEV has this feature but don't know for certain. Maybe someone with a Pacifica PHEV will read this and comment....?

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
The Wrangler lacks many on the tech features still. Uconnect is old school, slow telematics. I don't even know if remote start would do much of anything useful if you didn't leave climate control on. The Uconnect system can turn on and set the climate control, yet we can't remotely set any of that stuff, or time it.

Tesla has pushed the old car manufacturers but I still don't think they get it. The software and tech should be a service, not a point in time make and forget. You can't waterfall that into the manufacturing cycle.

It's not unlike how Boeing can't make a space capsule that works in the 21st century.

I'm a software architect, so this stuff burns me up a little. Still love my Wrangler though!
Sponsored