Sponsored

Denver-metro service department recommendations?

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Over the 20 years of I've lived in Denver and owned Jeeps I have had terrible luck whenever it involves a Jeep service department. This last go around with the JL it went south real bad to where the dealer quit communicating to the Jeep Cares folks as well. Jeep Cares had to get someone above the district manager to call the dealer because the service department just refused to talk to them. I've got some warranty issues I'd like to be looked at it, but I don't know what dealer to try next. The only solid recommendation I have ever gotten is to take it to Wheatland Wyoming, which isn't something I really want to do. Are there any good service departments in the Denver metro?

Autonation on Araphoe was my most recent bad experience. Eventually it was made right but it took a terribly long time (months) and was a constant fight. First they broke my clock spring, then I discovered they had put the 4 door steering gear in my 2 door but they said it didn't matter, then when I got that fixed they lied about having updated the software, not to mention the 6 qt oil challenge (heard everything from I was wrong, to it's better that way, to "oh we just bill it for 6 qts but we only put in 5"). I understand everyone can have problems but for me it has been one issue after another with them.
Sponsored

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on this as well. Autonation Arapahoe is close to my location but I've been avoiding them on purpose based on some previous horror stories. Seemed like Autonation Broadway did a decent job of at least prepping mine on delivery. Made sure my fuses were tight and even updated with the most recent RRT's prior to leaving. Can't comment on service outside of that since I haven't needed any yet.

Evergreen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander, 21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Autonomous Vehicles
I just purchased two cars in the Denver metro area. AutoNation was consistently Marking well over MSRP. The autonation near Golden Lakewood area wanted to charge me over MSRP for a build. Absolutely ridiculous when there many others 5 to 7 % below Msrp. I know this doesn’t answer your question but builds a reason why not to go to AutoNation

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I e gotten excellent warranty service at Autonation Chrysler Jeep West in Golden. I ordered my Jeep there as soon as order banks opened for the 19’s and took delivery a few months later. At that time they were selling under MSRP and I thought I got a good deal. With all the shortages right now (which includes orders as dealers are being limited on allocation) I’m not surprised they or anyone else are selling above MSRP.

Anyway, this thread is about service. My Jeep is heavily modified and this dealer has never given me grief, always gotten the work done timely, and has followed specific instructions I’ve given (such as working around my Tazer which again they’ve never given me crap for)

KPersCO

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon, '13 WRX Wagon
Occupation
Engineer
I'll be heading to Autonation Golden next time. I had used Larry H in Thornton since it was closest to my work but over them at this point. I feels like the service people and parts people work in different states and don't even have each other's phone numbers.

My buddy has a '20 JLU and hasn't had any bad things to say but he's only been over there a couple times.

The thing that really makes Larry H on 104 look terrible is the amazing experience I have had right next door at Mike Shaw Subaru. They are always on point, straight forward and have gone above and beyond on a couple occasions. I'm just done standing in the Jeep dealership looking at Mike Shaw just shaking my head wondering - can you guys maybe go across the street for some advice?

Sponsored

MontyW

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JLU, ‘73 CJ5
A few Jeeps ago, I bought from LHM and subsequently regretted it. Absolutely horrible and I will never recommend to anyone. I have purchased two (2016 and 2020) from Johnson Auto in Brighton and their service has been top notch so far.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
Take LHM Jeep on Havana off your list.. they put 300 miles on my car as they were doing SW updates... and fixing 4xe bug. I bought mine form Fort Collins Jeep and their service department has helped me with a couple issues when I originally purchased. but its 1.5 hours away from me.

Anyone have any luck with Autonation Broadway?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I e gotten excellent warranty service at Autonation Chrysler Jeep West in Golden.
This is where I've gone, but I've not been happy with the experience... but it's probably not a lot worse than any other in the area. I firmly believe the worst part of owning a Jeep is the dealer network.
Sponsored