Sponsored

Denver 4x4 Shops

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Greetings!

Just moved to Denver last month from Houston and have a stock 2019 Rubicon. I'm starting to plan my trail drives now and want to see how it does stock. I'll will be looking for local shops that can do installs (suspension, wheels etc). I live in a apartment so don't have the space to do the work myself right now. Are there any 4x4 shops that you recommend in the greater Denver area? I know Northridge 4x4 is just north of me but wanted to check if anyone had any recommendations.
Sponsored

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Iā€™m getting my lift done by Northridge 4x4 on June 5th. So I will let you know how it goes.

I shopped around and called Bullhide, Highcountry Performance, and Trail Jeeps, All were great but at the end I really appreciated Northridge listening to my needs. I appreciated them not wanting to push different lift kits than what I was really looking for.

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m getting my lift done by Northridge 4x4 on June 5th. So I will let you know how it goes.

I shopped around and called Bullhide, Highcountry Performance, and Trail Jeeps, All were great but at the end I really appreciated Northridge listening to my needs. I appreciated them not wanting to push different lift kits than what I was really looking for.
Nice interested to hear how it goes. Thereā€˜s so many options so narrowing down to a couple helps.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Surpised you got a response out of trail Jeeps. They are the closest shop to my house. I do almost all the work on my Jeep, but I needed something done outside my wheelhouse so I called them and left a voicemail (during working hours), sent them an email, and a week later stoped by their shop. They never responded to my voicemail or email. And then didnā€™t send me a quote within a weekafter stopping in. So I drove down there again and asked for a quote. TWO WEEKS after that I got a quote.

By that time Northridge4x4 already got me taken care of. I feel like I put in way more effort to give them business and still couldnā€™t get it worked out. By the way, Trail Jeeps hourly rate is $185/hr which is insanely high.

OP - Iā€™m sure some of us near the Denver area would love to help with installs. I love working on Jeeps and if I got to do that without spending my own money on the parts itā€™s a win win!

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surpised you got a response out of trail Jeeps. They are the closest shop to my house. I do almost all the work on my Jeep, but I needed something done outside my wheelhouse so I called them and left a voicemail (during working hours), sent them an email, and a week later stoped by their shop. They never responded to my voicemail or email. And then didnā€™t send me a quote within a weekafter stopping in. So I drove down there again and asked for a quote. TWO WEEKS after that I got a quote.

By that time Northridge4x4 already got me taken care of. I feel like I put in way more effort to give them business and still couldnā€™t get it worked out. By the way, Trail Jeeps hourly rate is $185/hr which is insanely high.

OP - Iā€™m sure some of us near the Denver area would love to help with installs. I love working on Jeeps and if I got to do that without spending my own money on the parts itā€™s a win win!
That's the type of experience I'm trying to avoid. Thanks for offering the help. This is my first Jeep and I'm coming from the modified VW/Audi world where I did plenty of my own work. There's a lot I'm still learning about modifying 4x4's and will likely need the help.

I'm going to check out Northridge as that's a few good things I've heard so far.

Sponsored

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings!

Just moved to Denver last month from Houston and have a stock 2019 Rubicon. I'm starting to plan my trail drives now and want to see how it does stock. I'll will be looking for local shops that can do installs (suspension, wheels etc). I live in a apartment so don't have the space to do the work myself right now. Are there any 4x4 shops that you recommend in the greater Denver area? I know Northridge 4x4 is just north of me but wanted to check if anyone had any recommendations.
Well, I for one, can tell you emphatically to avoid Parker Four Wheel Drive and Auto Repair.

See my thread in other forum: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ies-modifying-fox-steering-stabilizers.51599/

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I also had a good experience at Northridge when they did my lift 2 years ago.

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also had a good experience at Northridge when they did my lift 2 years ago.
Nice to hear. I actually went by today and talked to a guy working there (Ryan) for almost an hour. Was really helpful and gave some good information. For me itā€™s not all about price but experience and where do I feel comfortable spending my money.

Iā€™ll likely go there for my lift since they can source much of what Iā€™m looking for anyway. Now the choice between Rock Krawler and Teraflex . Going 2.5 with 37s and modded fenders. Itā€™s my daily so want to make sure all control arms and front track bar at min are part of the kit.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to hear. I actually went by today and talked to a guy working there (Ryan) for almost an hour. Was really helpful and gave some good information. For me itā€™s not all about price but experience and where do I feel comfortable spending my money.

Iā€™ll likely go there for my lift since they can source much of what Iā€™m looking for anyway. Now the choice between Rock Krawler and Teraflex . Going 2.5 with 37s and modded fenders. Itā€™s my daily so want to make sure all control arms and front track bar at min are part of the kit.
Between those 2 most on these forums would recommend the RK stuff. Though using the long travel springs from either RK or MC combined with the TF control arms (IR) would be tempting.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Greetings!

hysterical!

1) i just moved to Denver from Houston THIS month
2) I have a mostly stock 2020 Rubicon
3) I live in an apartment and wonā€™t be able to do any significant work myself
4) I am looking for a place to install a winch and a couple of items and, yes, Northridge came highly recommended.

please donā€™t tell me that your wifeā€˜s name is Debbie.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hysterical!

1) i just moved to Denver from Houston THIS month
2) I have a mostly stock 2020 Rubicon
3) I live in an apartment and wonā€™t be able to do any significant work myself
4) I am looking for a place to install a winch and a couple of items and, yes, Northridge came highly recommended.

please donā€™t tell me that your wifeā€˜s name is Debbie.
Ha! Almost - Monique.

Glad to see another Houston migrant. We'll be enjoying the summer here vs Houston. I'll be getting on the trails stock first to see how it does.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Ha! Almost - Monique.

Glad to see another Houston migrant. We'll be enjoying the summer here vs Houston. I'll be getting on the trails stock first to see how it does.
Me too. I have a busy summer but I am gonna try to sneak some in and will let you know what I find....l

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
So update - Iā€™m pretty indifferent with my experience with Northridge. They did a good job on the install, but there were some hiccups.

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So update - Iā€™m pretty indifferent with my experience with Northridge. They did a good job on the install, but there were some hiccups.
Would like to hear details on this. What all did you have done? Did you source your parts through Northridge?