Dent repainting—best anti-rust treatment?

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So after a rear end event where my rear body cross member got a bit of a dent, the guy’s insurance is giving me $2k, and I’m in the middle of buying a house in Bristol, TN, and am a little tight on cash until i start my next job next September.

There are two spots with the paint scrapped off just in “front” of the rear bumper. Everything works fine, just dented a bit. Going to put a hold on the body work and bumper until I get some more cash flow.

Is there a good anti-rust treatment I should use before using touch up paint to cover the defect? Total of about 2 square inches to cover. I’ve got one more salty northeast winter to get through.

4952E9FF-98D7-46A0-A700-768F4E39EBD7.jpeg

Advertisement

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Don't want to be a "downer".. But that looks like more than 2k in damage. ( Bumper damaged / the body damage will require a decent amount of repair ( all part of the rear panel/floor panel)
Hopefully you have a hidden damage clause on your policy... Make sure before you accept a settlement from his insurance company...

Uhdinator

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
spray the area with fluid film and wipe off excess, re-coat it as needed until it can be fixed. The area will need cleaned with a degreaser or alcohol before painting but will be easier to clean up than paint which will require sanding or more when repaired.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FFQAS11