Sponsored

DENNIS DILLON JEEP WARNING, Don't Buy There!

maxmk8

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Pooper
I don't get the "you need to read what you're signing crap" I am pretty sure none of you asked for a $299 security sticker BS add on. That is the stillershit trying to pull a fast one on you, masking it with the large amount in the transaction.

let me ask you this, would you pay $299 at McDonalds for a $1 cheeseburger because they decided to pull a fast one on you? It is crooked AF to do something like that and downright criminal. But that's the american "Saleshole" business model. Just tack on a bunch of useless crap and charge you 20% interest if you don't cross your Ts and dot your Is, I don't get how these people sleep at night.
Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I agree it’s a crappy finance guy and I am well aware of there are good and bad ones of course since I have a bought and sold so many cars in my lifetime. Guys like this finance guy gives the dealership a bad name And no excuse for surel I am sure he will get his refund and I would suggest he call his sales guy or if it were me the GM of the dealership every single day until he gets a resolution. My point was had I not read the final contract instead of just signing it I would have missed that $299 BS security feature that the finance guy told me absolutely nothing about and yes that is a shitty business practice and why so many car dealers get the bad rap! But at the end of the day I did buy my JK unlimited sport for 12.5% below msrp which if I remember correct was almost 10.3% under invoice and there was NO dealer in Southern California that came even close. Huntington Beach Jeep is one of the largest in SoCal and they were a joke to deal with. I am sure the dealership will pay him his $405 back since he has an I owe you like he said but yes even with the bad stories you hear good there and at the end of the day the lowest price by a large margin I will buy there again. This is one of the largest volume Wrangler dealers in the country and their parts and accessory guy matched the lowest price I could find online for the wheels and tires and lift I wanted for my Jeep.

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
The same thing happened to me a Jim Marsh in Vegas only they did refund the over payment. I didn't have a good experience with Denis Dillon so I bought from Jim Marsh and would not hesitate to buy from them again.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This is not the first time we have heard of the Dennis Dillon Two-Step in the finance office . The buyer has traveled far , and they know the buyer is not going to immediately fly home . Granted all dealers are stealers , but Jeep buyers are better than to be regarded as easy marks . Jeep buyers are at a higher level , and ought to be given all discounts and polite consideration .

Sponsored

OP
OP

OregonPunk'n

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Punk'n
Why did you pay the $300? Was it more than what you agreed to when you put the deposit down and agreed to an out the door price ?
It was never disclosed to me they just lumped it all into my discount. The Jeep had an MSRP of 57 595 and they sold it to me for fifty thousand five hundred ninety five. They never broke it down or talked to me at all about it kind of a sleight-of-hand sign here with the salesman up front and he made it sound like it was all normal stuff.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I didn't buy a Jeep from DD, but I did buy a Silverado Denali. DD price was thousands lower than I could get elsewhere. I did pay the $299, but I also purchased from their inventory, I wouldn't have it if I had ordered. However if I have an OTD price, I don't care how they allocate the costs in the paperwork as long as the OTD is the agreed on amount. I would buy from them again even though it is an 8 hour drive.

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
I bought from Koons and I can say it was the best experience I’ve ever had in a finance office. They explained the extended warranties and I asked some questions and said no thank you and that was that. There was never any hidden fees or anything like that. I’m so happy I went with Koons, before I did go with Koons though I emailed DD and they never got back to me - dodged a bullet there.

Steve

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I purchased from them, here is my experience. I emailed them for a price for the vehicle I wanted. They sent me the price, which ended up being 13% under MSRP. I asked about the fees. There was a title service fee of $299, and a title transfer fee (I don't live in Idaho) of $10. The price was dependent upon using their loan, otherwise it would be $1000 more. Non-refundable deposit of $1000. I ordered the Jeep and waited. There wasn't much in the way of communication from them, I tracked the build online myself. When it arrived I got an email. I wrote back and told the salesman what day I would pick it up.

Fast forward to pick up day. I arrived at the dealership with my family. No one had any clue who I was or why I was there. It turns out my salesman had the day off and didn't tell anyone I was coming in. Good thing too as he was a flake, and the guy who ended up helping us was very knowledgable about the JL and was able to answer all my questions (pm me if you want his name). We went through the Jeep, everything was there. We went through the paperwork. The price was exactly what was emailed me originally, no add ons. I talked to the finance guy. He tried to sell us extended warranties and other packages. I declined. Nothing new here, all dealerships do this. However next came the part that was not disclosed to us.

In order to get the $1000 off, we had to use their loan. I knew that. I had initially asked what the best current interest rate was, it was the same as my credit union, 3.5%. I got pre-approved for a loan from my credit union just in case something goes wrong. My wife and I both have credit scores over 800. What was not disclosed is their loan was not for the best rate available. It was for 5.64%. I was told I had to keep the loan for 6 months, then I could change banks. After thinking about it, I realized it would be cheaper to use their loan and switch in 6 months (assuming rates don't go up). We signed the paperwork and left for home. They filled the gas tank for us, which in my experience, is not always the case with most dealerships.

Overall the experience was positive. The sales guy I worked with initially wasn't all that great. The salesman who helped us at the dealership was very knowledgeable and helpful. The finance guy was about what I expected, but he didn't put any charges in my final bill that I didn't know about. The bottom line is the price. I decided to buy a new JL in February. They were just starting to show up on the lots. I emailed all the dealers in my area, no one would go below MSRP. Dennis Dillon offered 13% off without negotiating. It was a no brainer, and everything worked out in the end.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
It was never disclosed to me they just lumped it all into my discount. The Jeep had an MSRP of 57 595 and they sold it to me for fifty thousand five hundred ninety five. They never broke it down or talked to me at all about it kind of a sleight-of-hand sign here with the salesman up front and he made it sound like it was all normal stuff.
My good man I owe you an apology! We are all part of the club per say and yes Dennis Dillon finance leave little to be desired depending on the mood of the finance guy if he will try and screw you one day to the next. I know I have been excited about getting a new car and with that excitement things can get overlooked so again my apologies and I do hope you get your $405 back well I shouldn’t say hope I know you will just call the sales manager and/or the General Manager and tell them you have their WE OWE slip and it’s been a month and you are getting the runaround and I bet they will make it right. This is a huge volume dealership I am sure they have just been super busy. However with the order banks closed right now and you can’t order a 2019 until at least the 12th this should be a good time to try and reach management there.

TJeeper yeah they do bump your interest rate I got 4.9% when I got there with over a 800 credit score but it’s understandable since you are getting the extra $1000 off and again even though they say you need to keep the loan for 6 months I bet you didn’t sign one single piece of paper saying you agree to that did you? It’s a simple interest loan so you can refi or sell anytime you want. What’s the dealership going to do come after you in another state in small claims to try and recoup that $1000 that I bet is not enforceable to begin with, I know I never signed any piece of paper saying I would keep their loan for 6 months and I didn’t. So just like this awful finance guy being unscrupulous than it’s fair game to refi anytime you want I say!

Sponsored

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
Let me tack on with a positive dealership experience. We bought our JLR from Tacoma, WA Dodge. From the time we ordered to when we actually paid for it and picked it up, Jeep jacked up the delivery charge and a $100 here and there for options. When negotiating the final price and trade in value, it was amicable and fair. I let them include the $400 security laser etch thing because they didn't include the increases to what we negotiated when ordering. The LARGE print clearly says prices may change. Yet they didn't go there. So I gave the finance guy his "commission". On top of that, he gots us a 3 year loan at 2.84%. An eighth point lower then our quote straight from the same bank. What slipped by me because it took 9 weeks, is our credit for $500 deposit. That night I emailed the finance guy, and he credited us the next day and sent us a pic of the credit receipt. If your in the Seattle area, Tacoma dodge! Seattle jeep maybe worth a look too. But avoid at all costs rairdon Kirkland. Slime balls there. autonation Bellevue jeep I don't know, but they own Bellevue Porsche and that is a shit show. So by proxy avoid autonation Bellevue.
Btw our JLR has 1111 miles and is nearly flawless.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Personally, I wouldn't
My good man I owe you an apology! We are all part of the club per say and yes Dennis Dillon finance leave little to be desired depending on the mood of the finance guy if he will try and screw you one day to the next. I know I have been excited about getting a new car and with that excitement things can get overlooked so again my apologies and I do hope you get your $405 back well I shouldn’t say hope I know you will just call the sales manager and/or the General Manager and tell them you have their WE OWE slip and it’s been a month and you are getting the runaround and I bet they will make it right. This is a huge volume dealership I am sure they have just been super busy. However with the order banks closed right now and you can’t order a 2019 until at least the 12th this should be a good time to try and reach management there.

TJeeper yeah they do bump your interest rate I got 4.9% when I got there with over a 800 credit score but it’s understandable since you are getting the extra $1000 off and again even though they say you need to keep the loan for 6 months I bet you didn’t sign one single piece of paper saying you agree to that did you? It’s a simple interest loan so you can refi or sell anytime you want. What’s the dealership going to do come after you in another state in small claims to try and recoup that $1000 that I bet is not enforceable to begin with, I know I never signed any piece of paper saying I would keep their loan for 6 months and I didn’t. So just like this awful finance guy being unscrupulous than it’s fair game to refi anytime you want I say!
Loan question: They say you have to keep the loan for 6 months. What about paying it off early? Is there typically a penalty for paying off a loan early? For example, let's say I pay off the Jeep in full after getting my first car payment bill in the mail. Would I have to pay a fee for that?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have noticed a few, not all, of the dealerships offering large discounts on here have added fees or ways of making the deal less than they are claiming. These include:

High Doc Fees
$299 vehicle prep fee
Lowball trade in offers

In 20+ years I have never seen a dealership charge to unwrap, wash, and put gas in your new purchase until now.

One dealership offered $2500 less on my trade in (2018 GC with 2,000 miles)

I won't post which dealerships, but if you shop around you will find out who is legit and who is playing the numbers.

Often buyers are so focused on % off that they get tunnel vision and don't see the other aspects of the sale. 5% off MSRP at Dealership A may turn out to be a better deal than 10% off at Dealership B depending on trade in value and fees.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Just to clarify my original post, yes the finance guy is somewhat merciless regarding extended warranties. However I wanted one on my new GMC because my previous one cost me quite a bit and the new factory warranty is only 3-36. I had done a bit of research and refused the warranty he offered. After a lot of song and dance, he got to the price I wanted. I also agreed to use the offered GMC finance at 5+%. I was also told 6 months, but I called GMC and learned there was no minimum time required before payoff. As it turns out, I also purchased a JL a few months earlier. Same story on finance. Take the loan and pay it off when you get the initial paperwork. I think the FCA loan cost fees of less than $150. Still a good deal for $1000 off. No trade on either vehicle so don't know how they do on trades. Then again, I've never traded in and not gotten screwed on the deal. Seems what I want is always hard to get and worth more and what I'm getting rid of has little value cause no one wants them anymore. Found it way better to pre sell whatever myself.

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
I purchased from them, here is my experience. I emailed them for a price for the vehicle I wanted. They sent me the price, which ended up being 13% under MSRP. I asked about the fees. There was a title service fee of $299, and a title transfer fee (I don't live in Idaho) of $10. The price was dependent upon using their loan, otherwise it would be $1000 more. Non-refundable deposit of $1000. I ordered the Jeep and waited. There wasn't much in the way of communication from them, I tracked the build online myself. When it arrived I got an email. I wrote back and told the salesman what day I would pick it up.

Fast forward to pick up day. I arrived at the dealership with my family. No one had any clue who I was or why I was there. It turns out my salesman had the day off and didn't tell anyone I was coming in. Good thing too as he was a flake, and the guy who ended up helping us was very knowledgable about the JL and was able to answer all my questions (pm me if you want his name). We went through the Jeep, everything was there. We went through the paperwork. The price was exactly what was emailed me originally, no add ons. I talked to the finance guy. He tried to sell us extended warranties and other packages. I declined. Nothing new here, all dealerships do this. However next came the part that was not disclosed to us.

In order to get the $1000 off, we had to use their loan. I knew that. I had initially asked what the best current interest rate was, it was the same as my credit union, 3.5%. I got pre-approved for a loan from my credit union just in case something goes wrong. My wife and I both have credit scores over 800. What was not disclosed is their loan was not for the best rate available. It was for 5.64%. I was told I had to keep the loan for 6 months, then I could change banks. After thinking about it, I realized it would be cheaper to use their loan and switch in 6 months (assuming rates don't go up). We signed the paperwork and left for home. They filled the gas tank for us, which in my experience, is not always the case with most dealerships.

Overall the experience was positive. The sales guy I worked with initially wasn't all that great. The salesman who helped us at the dealership was very knowledgeable and helpful. The finance guy was about what I expected, but he didn't put any charges in my final bill that I didn't know about. The bottom line is the price. I decided to buy a new JL in February. They were just starting to show up on the lots. I emailed all the dealers in my area, no one would go below MSRP. Dennis Dillon offered 13% off without negotiating. It was a no brainer, and everything worked out in the end.
Another Jedi mind trick. You don’t have to keep the loan for any set period of time. As soon as you get an account number have your other bank pay the loan off.

If you dont wait their set number of months the sleazy finance person doesn’t get their kickback from the financing company/bank. Remember this, the finance person is incentivized to get you to take the highest loan rate possible without losing the deal. Think about that. Your credit score means nothing to them. They will try to get you to agree to THE highest rate they have.

Glad I didn’t buy from DD.
Sponsored