DeMontrond Jeep - Conroe (Houston) TX

jhack

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n Rubicon
I am happy to report that I picked up my first Jeep yesterday that I ordered back in December from Neil Carpenter w/ DeMontrond. Since I had a great buying experience I wanted to pass it along here in case anyone is currently looking to order a Jeep in the Houston area.

To give credit where it is due I found Neil's contact info here on this thread...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/demontrond-conroe-tx-6-below-invoice.13003/

Neil Carpenter
281-541-0908
[email protected]

I ended up getting 5% below invoice on my Punk'n Rubicon with just the hard top and 8 speed auto as options ($41,700 before TTL).

All my interactions with Neil on pricing/ordering were via email and the first time I actually spoke with him was when he called to tell me the Jeep was in and what day did I want to schedule pick up. Given how pushy/sneaky some auto dealers can be it was awesome to just get a good price via email, order, and pick up without any dealer sales games.

IMG_8853.JPG
Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Nice! I just ordered mine from him on Feb 1.

How was the pickup from them? Was everything ready when you arrived? How long did it take from arriving to out the door?

The part I always hate is when a dealer sends the person in to try to sell you all the add ons even when you say you just want it as it is.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Another endorsement for Neil at DeMontrond. Mine was parked in the exact same spot, ready to go when I got there. I had my financing and insurance already in place. I think it took less than a half hour to be driving out. I had him allow me to put it on a lift in service and inspect every underneath. I think that was maybe another 15 minutes. Nobody tried to sell me anything extra or any type of games.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We just ordered my wife a JL yesterday from Neil. He emailed me an hour or two later the VON and said he’d call me with the vin. Great guy and nice having them in our backyard

Brett

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhack

jhack

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n Rubicon
Nice! I just ordered mine from him on Feb 1.

How was the pickup from them? Was everything ready when you arrived? How long did it take from arriving to out the door?

The part I always hate is when a dealer sends the person in to try to sell you all the add ons even when you say you just want it as it is.
I had requested they not prep the Jeep or put a license plate bracket on the front since I can be picky about stuff like that based on some of my previous purchases from other dealers. On some of my other vehicles the prep/wash guys seemed to scratch up stuff, inside and out, more than they cleaned. So Neil per my request basically hid the keys in his desk once the Jeep arrived so they could not prep it. Even just off the delivery truck it was not dirty, just a little dusty overall. Since they know you are coming in they will have it ready for you in front of the dealership in a specific delivery area for you to check out before purchasing.

As far as paper work goes I had the final OTD price arranged/documented via email and a check ready so that part of the process was probably only 15-20 minutes. The guy doing the title paper work asked if I had any interest in a FCA extended warranty and once I said no thanks that was the end of it. I did test drive the Jeep before I signed the paper work to verify the steering was OK and nothing odd stood out and that probably took another 15-20 minutes. Overall a really quick process!

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I had requested they not prep the Jeep or put a license plate bracket on the front since I can be picky about stuff like that based on some of my previous purchases from other dealers. On some of my other vehicles the prep/wash guys seemed to scratch up stuff, inside and out, more than they cleaned. So Neil per my request basically hid the keys in his desk once the Jeep arrived so they could not prep it. Even just off the delivery truck it was not dirty, just a little dusty overall. Since they know you are coming in they will have it ready for you in front of the dealership in a specific delivery area for you to check out before purchasing.

As far as paper work goes I had the final OTD price arranged/documented via email and a check ready so that part of the process was probably only 15-20 minutes. The guy doing the title paper work asked if I had any interest in a FCA extended warranty and once I said no thanks that was the end of it. I did test drive the Jeep before I signed the paper work to verify the steering was OK and nothing odd stood out and that probably took another 15-20 minutes. Overall a really quick process!
Thanks for the info. He seemed like a good guy when I talked to him.

It def gives me something to look forward to. Flying in to pick it up, pick up some stuff from family and then road trip to our next duty station to break it in

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Did any of you guys happen to ask if they would do any deals/credits for the Rubi wheels and tires if you bought the replacements tires from them?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Did any of you guys happen to ask if they would do any deals/credits for the Rubi wheels and tires if you bought the replacements tires from them?
Demondtrond won’t give credit. I asked as that’s what we did when I ordered mine out of Arkansas

Brett