Demand for Wrangler 392 XR

KreckinVB

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
So ? for the group. I ordered a Bronco forever ago and with little confidence of it delivering I ended up ordering a Wrangler 392 w/ the XR package. Now out of nowhere the Bronco has a build week of 11/8 w/ the Wrangler having no ETA in sight, sounds like the XR package is slowing Jeep down as well. I can cancel the Jeep order and get my deposit back but the dealer told me they are still going to take delivery of my build (Hydro Blue, tow, GG & XR) Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s because they can sell for a markup more than likely. Is it worth keeping the build and taking delivery on the Jeep with the sole purpose of selling it myself? Would there be enough demand to buy the vehicle that it would be worth it & not lose $? I placed back on 7/3 & Iā€™ve had a VIN forever but over the gathering parts nonsense. Iā€™m assuming Jeep has to build & ship prior to the end of the calendar year since they issued the VIN. Sorry for the long post just in a weird spot never thought the Jeep would have had this kind of delay.
Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Iā€™d keep your build and flip one of them. Please keep us posted and good luck.

My brother is a car junky and has a hydro 392. He flipped his TRX and kept the 392 as his DD.

E6D46EED-663E-4F62-9E7D-2BAD5880A837.jpeg

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep the 392, flip the Bronco. This 392 is an instant classic. Fit, finish, engine, capabilities, etc, etc - it really is in a league of its own. And that bark when it starts up - oh yeah.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the 392 sell the bronco. I had a reservation on a BL 4DR Bronco and didn't like what ford was doing with something's so I can canceled and glad I did recalls and hardtop delays. I heard the audio is terrible.

Mswan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63, Panamera Turbo S, Bronco 1st Edition
I was in the same boat with a Bronco FE reserved. I ended up ordering a 392XR on 8/9 before I got the email from Ford with a build date of 10/25. I will probably sell the Bronco.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Huge demand for the 392 with the XR. Hopefully mine will get delivered by 11/6 as estimated, but I'm not holding my breath. Looks identical to the one posted above.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I was in the same boat with a Bronco FE reserved. I ended up ordering a 392XR on 8/9 before I got the email from Ford with a build date of 10/25. I will probably sell the Bronco.
Iā€™m in the exact same spot as you. Rapid red FE being built week of 10/25. 392 D status no production est.

Mswan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63, Panamera Turbo S, Bronco 1st Edition
Iā€™m in the exact same spot as you. Rapid red FE being built week of 10/25. 392 D status no production est.
Cactus grey here. I checked yesterday with Jeep Cares and all parts have been gathered. So I guess D1 finally. Weā€™ll see if that sticks.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Cactus grey here. I checked yesterday with Jeep Cares and all parts have been gathered. So I guess D1 finally. Weā€™ll see if that sticks.
Iā€™ve really been debating on keeping both. I just canā€™t get over the off the line acceleration of the bronco and the weak 1060r.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Iā€™d keep your build and flip one of them. Please keep us posted and good luck.

My brother is a car junky and has a hydro 392. He flipped his TRX and kept the 392 as his DD.

Jeep Wrangler JL Demand for Wrangler 392 XR E6D46EED-663E-4F62-9E7D-2BAD5880A837
Itā€™s good to hear that. I was up to my neck drowning on this decision of 392 vs TRX vs Corvette vs Lotusā€¦. Decided on the 392 and not too sure Iā€™ll flip it. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Boat tail riv?
Good eye! My brother has an addiction. He collects 78-96 Broncos and cars that were featured in movies (e.g., boat tail was in The Last Boy Scout).

Few of my favoritesā€¦ Starskyā€™s Torino, Richard Gereā€™s 280SL from Intersection, Bandit AND Snowmanā€™s tractor and trailer.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
So ? for the group. I ordered a Bronco forever ago and with little confidence of it delivering I ended up ordering a Wrangler 392 w/ the XR package. Now out of nowhere the Bronco has a build week of 11/8 w/ the Wrangler having no ETA in sight, sounds like the XR package is slowing Jeep down as well. I can cancel the Jeep order and get my deposit back but the dealer told me they are still going to take delivery of my build (Hydro Blue, tow, GG & XR) Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s because they can sell for a markup more than likely. Is it worth keeping the build and taking delivery on the Jeep with the sole purpose of selling it myself? Would there be enough demand to buy the vehicle that it would be worth it & not lose $? I placed back on 7/3 & Iā€™ve had a VIN forever but over the gathering parts nonsense. Iā€™m assuming Jeep has to build & ship prior to the end of the calendar year since they issued the VIN. Sorry for the long post just in a weird spot never thought the Jeep would have had this kind of delay.
Same exact situation here! Bronco was pushed to 2022 according Ford email. Pick up new Jeep and get an email that my Bronco is in production. :headbang:

Truth be told Iā€™m loving the Jeep and will most likely cancel the Bronco or take delivery and resell it. Good luck!

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Just my two cents, although let's be honest, it's worth less than that. The 392 will be a classic, but isn't there yet. The Bronco is not, but is worth more on ROI at this point. If you sell the Bronco you will get more of a return on the cost with some selling for almost double. Sell the 392 in 5 years and a similar thing will happen if they get cancelled, and they will. In other words sell the Bronco and keep the 392. Not because I'm a Jeep guy (although i am) but because it makes more financial sense this year.
Sponsored