Delivery Times for Australia

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
The factory takes orders from right hand drive markets globally & won’t schedule a manufacturing slot until they have a “X” number to produce. There’s zero output during the setup process, which = zero revenue & they need to reverse the setup at the end of the run. Similarly, Jeeps manufactured for Australian delivery can & have sat in the US post production, waiting for additional Jeeps to be produced/ordered for left & right drive foreign markets as they need a minimum allocation of vehicles to ship in order to keep transport costs in check. Add to that a worldwide slow down in new car sales & it could be quite a wait.
Sponsored

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Thanks Steve for the reply thought it maybe something like that. I received the build sheet only today on the tracker within the forum, so now a waiting game but the may 25th delivery looks promising for me (6 months in total) fingers Crossed...

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Yeah no idea mate. I got very limited information. Going in to discuss with them today.
That sux mate. I’m in Newcastle also. Who are you dealing with? I ordered one that was built and already on the ship through McCarrols. I had two options of un allocated JLUR. So I grabbed one of them. See what’s available now maybe, they landed last Tuesday in Australia.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Yeah no idea mate. I got very limited information. Going in to discuss with them today.
They should have a VIN/VON pretty quickly which you can use the tracker on this site which will give you better info. I got my build sheet yesterday which means it is built and waiting release for shipping.

Sponsored

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Yeah they seem to come in batches every 2 or so months by the looks of it.

Did you get any up dates? my dealer cant tell me shit. I am guessing with whats happening globally we will get our 2020 builds very late in the year.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The ships don't sail direct. They will go to a few international ports. Mine also went to Brisbane and Sydney before going to Melbourne. if your dealer knows the name of the ship you can track the ship. I forget the web site but you can Google it. Remain patient!

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Mine is built and waiting shipping was due to be on boat this week...
Hey mate. Did the dealer tell you that yours was built and waiting to ship? I ordered mine on about the 28th of Jan but still don’t have a delivery date. The VIN still doesn’t have any details on the tracking tool.

Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
My jeep took just over 8 months to arrive. Ordered a year ago (Feb last year) and only arrived in October...

That is a Mojito Rubicon with most of the options apart from silly stuff like the optional rims =)
any full sized shots m8?? looks nice, love my mojito

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Hey mate. Did the dealer tell you that yours was built and waiting to ship? I ordered mine on about the 28th of Jan but still don’t have a delivery date. The VIN still doesn’t have any details on the tracking tool.

Zeek you will be in the Feb order period so build would have been April I am guessing. My build stats was from tracker here in the forums . Just waiting on shipping but guessing that will be on hold now.. Dealer has no updates etc so who knows if I will get mine any time soon...

G405t

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler Sport 2 door
That sux mate. I’m in Newcastle also. Who are you dealing with? I ordered one that was built and already on the ship through McCarrols. I had two options of un allocated JLUR. So I grabbed one of them. See what’s available now maybe, they landed last Tuesday in Australia.
Hey mate, Im in Newcastle too. Just got a quote from Mccarrolls for a Rubicon with no optional extra except paint.

I would be keen to get a showroom one in the colour that I want, Sting Grey, but feel it would be hard to find one. What do you guys think the wait time will be if I order one in given the current situation with this global virus meltdown? I'm looking at placing an order in the next few months, maybe June at the latest, so hopefully it would have died down by then, but who knows.

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
I’m not the kind of person to wait lol, if you want one now get one now but find what’s available and consider all paint options. I do think ordering off the sheet will take 6 to 12 months as there are people in front of you globally who have been waiting a long time. Now with production stopped, we might not see any here for ages once all local stock is gone.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Ask McCarrolls if they can find one in Australia. McCarrolls has another Jeep dealership in Sydney.

Phone the Jeep dealers in Gosford, Sydney and Wollongong and see if anybody has one.

Sponsored