Delivery Times for Australia

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 295/ 70 / 17 which puts them at 33.4" i think. According to Nitto, its the widest recommend tyre on the stock rim and hence i didnt opt straight for a 35" tyre.. Plus keeping it legal for daily use seemed nice as well. The tyres fit extremely well at max flex on stock rims in the standard height fenders as well with no rubbing.

You can get 35" on stock rims, check these forums, heaps of the Americans have done it, but i would suggest after market rims with a bigger offset.

The lift kit i have ordered is the AEV JL Dualsport RT 2.5 Lift. It is a complete kit with everything you need to do the lift at a great price point. $2250 through JeepKonection (Kits are currently on backorder though) The price point and performance are pretty good with this kit and maybe some point down the track i'll upgrade bits and pieces here and there.
Do you like the Nitto Ridge Trail Grapplers? how does it compare in rain/wet weather and road noise vs the Stock KM2?
Sponsored

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Granite Crystal.
Day of pick-up with wet weather :( . Looks so badass. My first time driving with mud tyres. I'm not sure how to start with the mods yet.

MVIMG_20200208_113713.jpg
Looks great. Thanks for posting. I’ve order that colour with the body coloured hard to top as well. Can’t wait to get it.

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Looks great. Thanks for posting. I’ve order that colour with the body coloured hard to top as well. Can’t wait to get it.
You'll love it.

I didn't realise that was an option to have the body coloured hard too, but I ordered my vehicle before the option changes in Sept '19

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Do you like the Nitto Ridge Trail Grapplers? how does it compare in rain/wet weather and road noise vs the Stock KM2?
I love them. In heavy rain/wet weather i find the straight forward traction is extremely good.. I can launch at the lights and not spin. they are fantastic.. I do find that going around say a roundabout, They arent as good. But i just take it a bit slower and its fine (that said, Im used to cars that have better on road performance)

Never used the KM2's in the rain, I didnt even have the tyres on for 24 hours before they were changed..

Road noise vs stock.. two completely different worlds.. Driving home from the dealership, the KM2's were so so so loud... I didnt like it at all, some people do. I do not. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers though.. Are virtually silent or very close to it. I can hear the bigger Mud lugs on the side of the tyre when corning, but freeway driving and all. They are perfect, Couldnt fault them and I'd choose these Hybrid tyres over the standard go to all terrains that i see most people buy... the KO2's (or similar knock offs)

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Welcome to the JLUR family =D

start with pulling the bumper to fender piece out haha.

Starting the mods adds up quickly.. Ive already done a heap but still so much to go.. I changed the tyres out asap.. Not a fan of mud terrains as a daily.. I have a 2.5" lift on its way and thinking of doing a track bar replacement as well.

Massive fan of the Rhino Rack backbone and Pioneer platform which i'll put a thread up tomorrow probably as I just did a lifestyle photoshoot with Rhino Rack yesterday up on Blacksmiths beach with all the new hardware.. Great bit of kit.
Hey Jaydee, remember when you spotted me at last year's 4WD show? Have I found you on Blacksmiths?
IMG_0294.JPG

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Hey Jaydee, remember when you spotted me at last year's 4WD show? Have I found you on Blacksmiths?
IMG_0294.JPG
haha, yeah i remember spotting you, glad you had a chance to spot me back =)

Theres a funny story behind that photo. You are correct in that it was at Blacksmiths beach. Spent the weekend there camping. I was up there with my ex girlfriend + her sister (with her two boys) and her sisters ex boyfriend but still good friend (and his two girls) haha.. Strange, i know.. but now i got the jeep, i'll take up any offers to go off roading and/or camping =)

I assume Steve the owner of the other car posted that in another forum? and you know whats funny.. He got bogged a couple of times (to be fair, low tread tyres + 6 people in the car + camper trailer... he used recovery tracks a few times and eventually got out.. Didnt want a Jeep pulling him out haha.. Swore he would never let a Jeep rescue him..

The next Monday (the day after camping) he told me he was about to pick up an old TJ wrangler lol... Pity that Aaron from Solve offroad got to that TJ first though.

And I was at blacksmiths beach the week before that finally doing the photo shoot with Rhino Rack. He's one of the many pics Rhino Rack sent me today from the shoot and you'll probably see it in an upcoming Rhino Rack catalog =D

Oh and this photo is taken at the same spot as the photo above.. Crazy what a week can do to the beach. (got some more epic photos from the Rhino Rack shoot which i'll post soon as well)
RHI_1095.jpg

Marcus

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JL Rubicon.
Looks like I got shafted. Was told 3-4 Months, then told 4-5 Months which has passed. Followed up today and they said there was a problem with the order and now they're telling me Nov! :mad: Useless.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Looks like I got shafted. Was told 3-4 Months, then told 4-5 Months which has passed. Followed up today and they said there was a problem with the order and now they're telling me Nov! :mad: Useless.

Tell them you want the VON and vin number they will have it by the 25th of the month.

What spec did you order ?

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
if you can get it within 8 months your cheering imo if its a custom order.. =/

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Hang in there.

I put payment in on mid Feb 2019 for an estimated delivery in July. I thought it was plenty of time to sell me JK and use public transport for a it. I ended up picking up my car in Feb 2020 after being told July, then September, the December.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The Left Hand Drive market always gets priority. It just means that the factory has put back production of Right Hand drive Jeeps. I too had to wait and wait!

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I would like to know why yours is so special to be put back to November.. they reordered mine on the 28th of Feb and I have a delivery date of June... Maybe the corona virus is slowing production down.

Marcus

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JL Rubicon.
I would like to know why yours is so special to be put back to November.. they reordered mine on the 28th of Feb and I have a delivery date of June... Maybe the corona virus is slowing production down.
Yeah no idea mate. I got very limited information. Going in to discuss with them today.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Got me thinking if you can order a jl in USA and have it built and delivered within 3 weeks, why the hold up for the right hand drive units? Could it be they will only retool/change production when they have a completed order schedule (say 1000 units). Just a thought.

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Got me thinking if you can order a jl in USA and have it built and delivered within 3 weeks, why the hold up for the right hand drive units? Could it be they will only retool/change production when they have a completed order schedule (say 1000 units). Just a thought.
Yeah would think they need to do right hand drives in a batch. Given the volume that may not happen very often. Based on what others have experienced I reckon it must be every 3 months
Sponsored