Sponsored

Delivery Times for Australia

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Hey Guys

Ordered my JL Rubicon Unlimited last week. Dealer said I could be waiting 6 months or more for delivery. It’s not a big deal as I’m. Not in a major USB to get it but just wondering what others have experienced lately. I ordered the luxury package and a body colour hard top. Not sure if that makes a difference to delivery times.

Cheers
Sponsored

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Hey Guys

Ordered my JL Rubicon Unlimited last week. Dealer said I could be waiting 6 months or more for delivery. It’s not a big deal as I’m. Not in a major USB to get it but just wondering what others have experienced lately. I ordered the luxury package and a body colour hard top. Not sure if that makes a difference to delivery times.

Cheers
Can we order the colour coded hard top on the Rubicon in Oz? Dealer told me it wasn't an option here, but you do get colour matched fenders with the lux pack? They may have changed this to include the top for 2020, but you may want to confirm with the dealer as a lot of their sales guys don't seem to know much about the product.

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Can we order the colour coded hard top on the Rubicon in Oz? Dealer told me it wasn't an option here, but you do get colour matched fenders with the lux pack? They may have changed this to include the top for 2020, but you may want to confirm with the dealer as a lot of their sales guys don't seem to know much about the product.
Yes you can. They may have changed this for 2020. It’s in the brochure on the Jeep website as a factory option. Not sure why they wouldn’t have offered it before, seems a bit silly not to. You do have order the steel bumper as an option now. You loose the front parking sensors if you do go with the steel bumper. I thought that was strange as surely Jeep could have worked out how to get the sensors to work with a steel bumper. It doesn’t affect AEB though as this is mounted in the windscreen.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Mine took 5 months from order to delivery. I was very fussy with my options so that added to the delivery time.

If you are not fussy, your dealer might buy one from another dealer. Sometimes they even look interstate. In which case delivery will be much faster.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
My jeep took just over 8 months to arrive. Ordered a year ago (Feb last year) and only arrived in October...

That is a Mojito Rubicon with most of the options apart from silly stuff like the optional rims =)

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Seems the quickest way is to find out what is in transit but not sold. I found one in the exact spec I was after and only had to wait two months. Just make sure the allocation belongs to the dealer you are inquiring with.

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Seems the quickest way is to find out what is in transit but not sold. I found one in the exact spec I was after and only had to wait two months. Just make sure the allocation belongs to the dealer you are inquiring with.
Yeah I agree. That being said my dealer made it sound like Rubicons were like hens teeth so there was no chance of getting one out of stock.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was told that they holding off on ordering more sport spec vehicles due to the demand of Rubi and Overlander. Might be just trying to clear old stock?

If they are upping the orders for higher spec models though, wait times should come down soon enough.

Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Yeah I agree. That being said my dealer made it sound like Rubicons were like hens teeth so there was no chance of getting one out of stock.
I see at least 10 JL Rubicons in stock on CarSales. Some options maybe?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Some of the dealers have them in showrooms. That's how I picked up mine in June. Can't be quicker than that?

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Some of the dealers have them in showrooms. That's how I picked up mine in June. Can't be quicker than that?
Yeah I was just picky on the optional extras I wanted. Didn’t seem to be any with the luxury pack in stock.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I ordered fully optioned without polished rims back in Nov 19 delivery date 1st March. 16th Jan told me the car had two options I didnt order(steel bar was now an option instead of been included) so either pay the additional 1700 or wait till the new car arrives they told me maybe june haven't given a new sales contract.
Frankly the dealerships here in Vic are useless this is our second jeep and same lack of service from the (different)dealer (Grand Cherokee overlander). The FCA don't give two F's about how dealers treat us in Australia all I was told was dealer error not their issue.

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
I ordered fully optioned without polished rims back in Nov 19 delivery date 1st March. 16th Jan told me the car had two options I didnt order(steel bar was now an option instead of been included) so either pay the additional 1700 or wait till the new car arrives they told me maybe june haven't given a new sales contract.
Frankly the dealerships here in Vic are useless this is our second jeep and same lack of service from the (different)dealer (Grand Cherokee overlander). The FCA don't give two F's about how dealers treat us in Australia all I was told was dealer error not their issue.
Yeah I would have to say that every time you hear a bad story about Jeep ownership you can pretty much tie it back to a dealer not doing the right thing. The dealer I use has been pretty good but maybe Jeep Australia needs to tighten up on the dealer network if they want to improve their reputation in Australia. I dare say that because Jeep is a fairly low volume brand in Australia that might be hard to do.
Sponsored