Delivery Times for Australia

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
In 1998, my wife bought a small Hyundai. On delivery day, my wife went to collect her new car. She was told it had an alarm she did not ask for. Either pay $500 or wait many weeks for another. It's a dealer thing.
Sponsored

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Yes it is but this time they have been reported to the ACCC. Seems this dealership/principal has done this before..

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
I ordered fully optioned without polished rims back in Nov 19 delivery date 1st March. 16th Jan told me the car had two options I didnt order(steel bar was now an option instead of been included) so either pay the additional 1700 or wait till the new car arrives they told me maybe june haven't given a new sales contract.
Frankly the dealerships here in Vic are useless this is our second jeep and same lack of service from the (different)dealer (Grand Cherokee overlander). The FCA don't give two F's about how dealers treat us in Australia all I was told was dealer error not their issue.
If the vehicle comes with two options you didn’t order then you should thank them for the free upgrade, after all they signed the same contract you did. Try to hold them to the contract if you can, good luck.

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
I recently picked up my JLUR last week after a near 12-month wait. It had arrived in december but has an issue with a dip stick seal so was at the service centre getting that issue sorted/ part to arrive from OS. I put a deposit in Feb 19.

Original date of delivery was 2019, ten it was pushed back to Sept 2019. So after a 51 week wait, i received my vehicle and im as happy as a pig in mud :D. I was looked after over christmas as i was allowed to use a demonstrator vehicle over christmas, and one accessory was paid for by the dealer.

I can only fathom the wait on the Gladiators.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I recently picked up my JLUR last week after a near 12-month wait. It had arrived in december but has an issue with a dip stick seal so was at the service centre getting that issue sorted/ part to arrive from OS. I put a deposit in Feb 19.

Original date of delivery was 2019, ten it was pushed back to Sept 2019. So after a 51 week wait, i received my vehicle and im as happy as a pig in mud :D. I was looked after over christmas as i was allowed to use a demonstrator vehicle over christmas, and one accessory was paid for by the dealer.

I can only fathom the wait on the Gladiators.

Would love your dealer.. mine was due march 1st they cancelled the order and reorder now due june 20th ...

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayphil, What colour ? :)

I love my Jeep!

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Would love your dealer.. mine was due march 1st they cancelled the order and reorder now due june 20th ...
Why was your order cancelled?

I was alittle concerned because there was a new way of selling the JL's from Sept. 19 which had the options packaged differenty.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Granite Crystal.
Day of pick-up with wet weather :( . Looks so badass. My first time driving with mud tyres. I'm not sure how to start with the mods yet.

MVIMG_20200208_113713.jpg
Welcome to the JLUR family =D

start with pulling the bumper to fender piece out haha.

Starting the mods adds up quickly.. Ive already done a heap but still so much to go.. I changed the tyres out asap.. Not a fan of mud terrains as a daily.. I have a 2.5" lift on its way and thinking of doing a track bar replacement as well.

Massive fan of the Rhino Rack backbone and Pioneer platform which i'll put a thread up tomorrow probably as I just did a lifestyle photoshoot with Rhino Rack yesterday up on Blacksmiths beach with all the new hardware.. Great bit of kit.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My suggestion is to get used to your Jeep as it is, before doing any mods. Looks great!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
Welcome to the JLUR family =D

start with pulling the bumper to fender piece out haha.

Starting the mods adds up quickly.. Ive already done a heap but still so much to go.. I changed the tyres out asap.. Not a fan of mud terrains as a daily.. I have a 2.5" lift on its way and thinking of doing a track bar replacement as well.

Massive fan of the Rhino Rack backbone and Pioneer platform which i'll put a thread up tomorrow probably as I just did a lifestyle photoshoot with Rhino Rack yesterday up on Blacksmiths beach with all the new hardware.. Great bit of kit.
What tyres did you end up getting, i am planning to get a 35" (315) for the stock rim, wondering if this rubs (not extreme off-road flex) with stock fenders? Would like to hold off for the lift for one more year, and what lift are you thinking of getting?

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
My suggestion is to get used to your Jeep as it is, before doing any mods. Looks great!
Thank you.

I recently has the ceramic paint protection completed and it looks amazing. It's the first time i'm driving a diesel unit and im getting used to that, especially with the mud tyres. I'm still giving it some engine break-in (still under 1k kms), but will be dabbling in the Kurrajong discovery trail next weekend. I would like to get bigger wheels but that would impact parking inside parkling lots.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Why was your order cancelled?

I was alittle concerned because there was a new way of selling the JL's from Sept. 19 which had the options packaged differenty.

Basically they order a car with extras I didn't want nor would I pay for them. Then reordered 2 weeks later the new car issued a new sales contract with a price increase. There is lots to the story let's just say ACCC were contacted and a complaint was put against the dealership/manager. Jeep australia australia told me it was between the dealership and myself.
From what I have learnt on this journey will never order a car again will only buy off the floor. The dealership could cancel the deal anytime they like but due to it been brought by a business I could take them through the small business commissioner for compensation for failing to meet the contractual agreement. Very messy situation when all I wanted was what I ordered for the agreed price.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
What tyres did you end up getting, i am planning to get a 35" (315) for the stock rim, wondering if this rubs (not extreme off-road flex) with stock fenders? Would like to hold off for the lift for one more year, and what lift are you thinking of getting?
I put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 295/ 70 / 17 which puts them at 33.4" i think. According to Nitto, its the widest recommend tyre on the stock rim and hence i didnt opt straight for a 35" tyre.. Plus keeping it legal for daily use seemed nice as well. The tyres fit extremely well at max flex on stock rims in the standard height fenders as well with no rubbing.

You can get 35" on stock rims, check these forums, heaps of the Americans have done it, but i would suggest after market rims with a bigger offset.

The lift kit i have ordered is the AEV JL Dualsport RT 2.5 Lift. It is a complete kit with everything you need to do the lift at a great price point. $2250 through JeepKonection (Kits are currently on backorder though) The price point and performance are pretty good with this kit and maybe some point down the track i'll upgrade bits and pieces here and there.

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Basically they order a car with extras I didn't want nor would I pay for them. Then reordered 2 weeks later the new car issued a new sales contract with a price increase. There is lots to the story let's just say ACCC were contacted and a complaint was put against the dealership/manager. Jeep australia australia told me it was between the dealership and myself.
From what I have learnt on this journey will never order a car again will only buy off the floor. The dealership could cancel the deal anytime they like but due to it been brought by a business I could take them through the small business commissioner for compensation for failing to meet the contractual agreement. Very messy situation when all I wanted was what I ordered for the agreed price.
That's ugly and really poor business practice.

In the time I waited for mine, I went throught representatives, with the manager ending up having to handle my contract. A vehicle was found in September which meant I didn't have to wait but it had options I wanted and options I didn't want. As inpatient as I was, at least they tried.

I'm gonna give my dealer another chance when it comes to the JL Gladiator, knowing the buying experience was better than my first years ago, but also not the best.
Sponsored