Delivery time once it is shipped?

Tim3342

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Last week according to Jeep my unit was sent out. When I called the dealer they stated that they are not trucking unless it comes from an independent trucker. Does anyone have insight when this might be lifted? I am just excited for the new jeep :)
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep said they shipped it or the shipping app that dealers have show it shipped? Dealers in Ohio normally get their Wranglers shipped on truck from the factory and use designated trucking companies - all independent. Even then the app dealers have would show the pickup time/date and expected delivery date. But with these current times transportation times are up in the air. There was already a big shortage of truck drivers in the country and now toilet paper deliveries get priority over Wranglers. My son delivers Tyson chicken products across the midwest and had to get a letter from the State of Illinois designating he was an essential driver (food) and was allowed to drive in Illinois.

Yardie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLUR
Last week according to Jeep my unit was sent out. When I called the dealer they stated that they are not trucking unless it comes from an independent trucker. Does anyone have insight when this might be lifted? I am just excited for the new jeep :)
My Jeep left the factory about a month ago, being delivered to Texas..........someday.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep left the factory about a month ago, being delivered to Texas..........someday.
What does the dealer report show for its current location? And the dealer you bought it from is in Texas?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't you wish Jeep had a "pick it up at the factory" program? Being in Ohio you could just head to Toledo and pick it up. Or are you allowed non-essential travel in Ohio?

Sponsored

Yardie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLUR
What does the dealer report show for its current location? And the dealer you bought it from is in Texas?
Vehicle is currently in San Antonio, 45 minutes from Austin where my dealership is located, been in San Antonio about 5 days now. Dealer has been great. Some of the delay seems to have stemmed from a broke down train in Illinois, not sure what the other delays are due to, probably virus related.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Vehicle is currently in San Antonio, 45 minutes from Austin where my dealership is located, been in San Antonio about 5 days now. Dealer has been great. Some of the delay seems to have stemmed from a broke down train in Illinois, not sure what the other delays are due to, probably virus related.
Yeah, right now normal delivery is an unknown term. Ordered a couple of small items from Amazon that they could stick in an envelope and mail it to me but they are saying delivery will be in one month. Prior to check out it said 5 to 7 business days, after I paid they said a month.
If you are in Austin (profile says Utah so not sure) you could drive to SA and look at it sitting there. Although it sounds like Texas governor has decided to open up the state so maybe will be delivered next couple of days.
Sponsored