Delays in production- wranglers

fastbowler

First Name
Usama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
As far as I know contract gets voided after 3 months. So you don’t even have the VIN number yet right? Honestly this is only getting worse rn. Don’t even know what to expect anymore!
Do you get your VIN? When did you order it and what are the specifications of your order?

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
No VIN :( Is this a scare tactic to force my into buying something right now? Can they actually cancel my order?
Ah man.... I don’t know... that’s so tough. I wouldn’t be able to find mine anywhere. There’s none near me.

48thChamber

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
I hear there was an issue with the manual transmission, not sure if it’s been resolved or back up and running...

I ordered a JLUR manual in mid November and apparently I have a VIN now, but who knows how long it’s going to be before it actually gets built.
I place an order for a JLU Willys manual on 3/17 and it’s built and in transit. Dealer said on Thursday It would be 2-5 days before it came in.

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I’ve had really great luck too. I ordered my JLR, manual soft top 2/20 and received it 3/19. So fast. The dealer was awesome and responsive. All good. I’m sorry to hear others have delays.

Sponsored

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Do you get your VIN? When did you order it and what are the specifications of your order?
I got the vin. Dealer said I was very lucky and I ordered a Sahara with advanced safety. At this point it’s just no news I called FCA and OMVIC no help. But based on what OMVIC told me after 3 months contract gets voided so I don’t have to worry about the deposit. I guess dealer is off the hook too in that case. My dealership was great with communication and they were very empathetic about it too. They are tied up with their sales because of this too! It’s just I feel like some dealerships would try other tactics to get the money sooner.

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
But based on what OMVIC told me after 3 months contract gets voided so I don’t have to worry about the deposit. I guess dealer is off the hook too in that case. My dealership was great with communication and they were very empathetic about it too. They are tied up with their sales because of this too! It’s just I feel like some dealerships would try other tactics to get the money sooner.
Mine was ordered 9/14/2020, deliver 1/26/2021 if I recall correctly. Never any discussion of voided contracts. it showed eventually and all is well now.

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Mine was ordered 9/14/2020, deliver 1/26/2021 if I recall correctly. Never any discussion of voided contracts. it showed eventually and all is well now.
Wow! You are lucky. Did you get the advanced safety group?

Sponsored

fight4cash

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl sport
Wow... now I’m nervous about mine! I built mine beginning/mid November
Makes you wonder if the dealer just tried to get all these factory orders booked for fiscal 2020. Still no VIN , no window sticker no movement past BX status. tomorrow will be 16 weeks since placid order

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Makes you wonder if the dealer just tried to get all these factory orders booked for fiscal 2020. Still no VIN , no window sticker no movement past BX status. tomorrow will be 16 weeks since placid order
I have a VIN now, so that’s good. But who knows how long it’ll be. This is week 20 for me.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
No VIN :( Is this a scare tactic to force my into buying something right now? Can they actually cancel my order?
Did you get the Dual Door Group as part of your options? They have created delays for many.

A lot of these delays are happening due to an Electronic Components and Semiconductor Chip shortage in the market as a result of unexpected demand after COVID reopening of factory production in both Consumer Electronics and Automotive. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we we can expect these shortages to continue for many months. If they are rolling you into Model Year 2022, it means that your Jeep may not be delivered till at least September 2021 as MY22 begins late July. The good thing is that the value of your Jeep will not depreciate as quick because you will be getting a MY22 rather than a MY21. If you have another vehicle or can wait on you then hang on to your current order. At least here in the state of NY they cannot cancel unless you request. Do not know how the province of Ontario works in Canada. If you cannot wait that long, I am very sorry to tell but consider getting something else such as a Wrangler on a Dealer's lot or another brand.

In other words, relax. I will get better. Until then go out and watch Pakistan play South Africa or the IPL. Given your screen name "fastbowler" I am pretty sure you will get a kick out of that comment, lol.

With respect from the Indian side of Punjab.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
mine has the same numbers of days left as i have in jail. works out perfect

fastbowler

First Name
Usama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Did you get the Dual Door Group as part of your options? They have created delays for many.

A lot of these delays are happening due to an Electronic Components and Semiconductor Chip shortage in the market as a result of unexpected demand after COVID reopening of factory production in both Consumer Electronics and Automotive. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we we can expect these shortages to continue for many months. If they are rolling you into Model Year 2022, it means that your Jeep may not be delivered till at least September 2021 as MY22 begins late July. The good thing is that the value of your Jeep will not depreciate as quick because you will be getting a MY22 rather than a MY21. If you have another vehicle or can wait on you then hang on to your current order. At least here in the state of NY they cannot cancel unless you request. Do not know how the province of Ontario works in Canada. If you cannot wait that long, I am very sorry to tell but consider getting something else such as a Wrangler on a Dealer's lot or another brand.

In other words, relax. I will get better. Until then go out and watch Pakistan play South Africa or the IPL. Given your screen name "fastbowler" I am pretty sure you will get a kick out of that comment, lol.

With respect from the Indian side of Punjab.
Haha I liked that comment a lot, I'm from the Pakistani side of Punjab myself!

I'm okay with the delays, but the part that concerned me was that the dealer said if they roll over into year 2022, the car wont have my name associated with it and will be built for the general market. The price I negotiated in Dec is way better than the current market price. So if I pick up something on a Dealer's lot, I'll have to pay a lot more for it. The dealer I'm working with also has some options, but he said he can't honor the price we negotiated because the market reality now is different.

The part which frustrates me is if I've signed a deal, shouldn't the dealer or Jeep be on the hook for providing me with a vehicle at the agreed upon price? The way the dealer made it sound was there are no consequences for canceling the order for them or for the factory.
Sponsored