Delays in production- wranglers

fight4cash

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl sport
Has anyone on this thread gotten their car yet? I ordered my Rubicon early Dec, still no news...
I ordered factory special wrangler sport, base model manual with soft-top only added AC and Snazzberry on December 8, 2020. As of today still no VIN and in BX status. Dealer says there where another 6 of these specials and none have been built. And here i figured those would be the simple minimal chip usage jeeps. Hope i see it by fall.
Sponsored

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I ordered factory special wrangler sport, base model manual with soft-top only added AC and Snazzberry on December 8, 2020. As of today still no VIN and in BX status. Dealer says there where another 6 of these specials and none have been built. And here i figured those would be the simple minimal chip usage jeeps. Hope i see it by fall.
I hear there was an issue with the manual transmission, not sure if it’s been resolved or back up and running...

I ordered a JLUR manual in mid November and apparently I have a VIN now, but who knows how long it’s going to be before it actually gets built.

fight4cash

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl sport
I hear there was an issue with the manual transmission, not sure if it’s been resolved or back up and running...

I ordered a JLUR manual in mid November and apparently I have a VIN now, but who knows how long it’s going to be before it actually gets built.
i was aware of that manual transmission problem as well. Are new builds after jan21/21 getting a different upgraded clutch plate or the original with software fix?

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
i was aware of that manual transmission problem as well. Are new builds after jan21/21 getting a different upgraded clutch plate or the original with software fix?
I have NO idea. I’ve had to chase for information with the dealership... so I’m getting more information on here then I am with them...

It’s so frustrating too because as a Canadian, the waiting period is sooo long. And I see people in the US getting them within weeks or order ha... ugh!

fight4cash

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl sport
I have NO idea. I’ve had to chase for information with the dealership... so I’m getting more information on here then I am with them...

It’s so frustrating too because as a Canadian, the waiting period is sooo long. And I see people in the US getting them within weeks or order ha... ugh!
I hear you, and of course talking to dealer is useless. They don't know much, sales already made! I was ok not getting it on salty roads but sur thought it would be summer fun drive with it! Good luck to us

Sponsored

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I hear you, and of course talking to dealer is useless. They don't know much, sales already made! I was ok not getting it on salty roads but sur thought it would be summer fun drive with it! Good luck to us
Ha exactly! And getting my lift and tires for it and get her all pretty but... fingers crossed for soon!

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my wheels have arrived from KMC, and my tires should be here next week. Soon enough I'll start building this thing piece by piece in my basement.

simorq

First Name
Armin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Quality Assurance Engineer
Omg! I’m so sorry to hear that. Technically after 3 months your contract to purchase the Jeep is voided so if you change your mind it’s easy. Usually when you finalize the deal they ask you to sign on a sheet that has all the specs and colour. You didn’t do that? If you waited this long and if you really want a hellayella you could try changing it? But that might take a lot more longer time. If you’d want to dispute it, try contacting OMVIC for any advice.
Of course I signed the purchase agreement. I have all the paperwork in Yellow, looks like they messed it up. I contacted FCA customer support to check if it is possible to change the colour aince the vehicle is not yet in production line, but they didnt help.
I cant wait 4 more months for another vehicle. I'm totally disappointed.

fastbowler

First Name
Usama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Just got off the phone with my dealer, who said my Rubicon (ordered early Dec) probably wont get built because it's been many months and said they're most likely going to covert it the 2022 model, remove my name from it and build it as a standard build. Is that even allowed?!

He said my best bet is to buy something from the market, because it could be multiple months before they sort out the custom build issue.

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Of course I signed the purchase agreement. I have all the paperwork in Yellow, looks like they messed it up. I contacted FCA customer support to check if it is possible to change the colour aince the vehicle is not yet in production line, but they didnt help.
I cant wait 4 more months for another vehicle. I'm totally disappointed.
I’m so sorry to hear that! Honestly FCA is no help at all with anything!

Sponsored

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got off the phone with my dealer, who said my Rubicon (ordered early Dec) probably wont get built because it's been many months and said they're most likely going to covert it the 2022 model, remove my name from it and build it as a standard build. Is that even allowed?!

He said my best bet is to buy something from the market, because it could be multiple months before they sort out the custom build issue.
As far as I know contract gets voided after 3 months. So you don’t even have the VIN number yet right? Honestly this is only getting worse rn. Don’t even know what to expect anymore!

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

Before this happened, did you have a VIN?

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m just little confused! Once again I’m new to this whole factory ordering thing! So what does it mean if the tracker says build “found” and sticker “found”. Does that mean it’s ready or is it still in the factory on the belt?

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before this happened, did you have a VIN?
Yeh! Also I feel like dealers are kinda rushing us to buy vehicles which are in the lot rn so they would have their money right away than being tied up!

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Yeh! Also I feel like dealers are kinda rushing us to buy vehicles which are in the lot rn so they would have their money right away than being tied up!
Wow... now I’m nervous about mine! I built mine beginning/mid November
Sponsored