Delays in production- wranglers

Bett

First Name
Bett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler - high altitude
I ordered a Jeep Wrangler High Altitude in mid Oct 2020 (in Ontario) and I’m still waiting for it to come in after I was told that it would arrive in Dec, then early Jan, then late Jan... now March 2021. Apparently the jeep is “in production” and I was given a ship date of Feb 17th. If anyone has insight into delays due to Covid, etc and an educated guess as to when my jeep will arrive in Ontario, any info would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
I'm not from Canada, but I ordered a JL on 9/14 and had a similar trajectory of updates and "in transit" reports, each of which slipped back until it finally showed on 1/26. I was told it was due to Covid delays. I would expect the March date to be about right.

OP
OP

Bett

First Name
Bett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, much appreciated. Can't wait to get my Wrangler. I had ordered one in June 2020 and waited 3 months and when it arrived, it was the wrong model! So I've been waiting patiently (or trying to be patient at least) for the RIGHT one to arrive! Thanks again!

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine 13 Oct. Latest update was late Feb early March for the build. It kills me to see American orders that are almost identical to mine ordered after mine and already delivered.

OP
OP

Bett

First Name
Bett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like you're in the same boat! The wait is long enough during regular times but add Covid delays on top of that and you get a 4-5 month waiting period for your jeep! I'm selling my jeep patriot privately and the seller has been patient in also waiting for my wrangler to come in.

Sponsored

Jimbow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude
I ordered a High Altitude on Jan 26, dealer called and said it would be here by end of February. I called Jeep and they said Feb 15th to Feb 26th is the window for arriving at the dealer. Hard to believe....I know. There are Rubicons by the dozens at the dealers in Houston, TX, very few, less then 5 High Altitudes, they are very hard to find and not being discounted like others say on this forum so I had to order. Replacing wheel/tires with 17 inch +18mm and 285/70/17, and I ordered 3.73, anti-spin diff, etc. High Altitude has Dana M210 Wide HD Front Axle and Dana M220 Wide Rear axle and slightly higher fenders than Sahara (slightly lower than Rubicon) so if you are not rock crawling and don't need a winch, it is a good option. for over-landing. They are hard to find unlike Rubicons which are everywhere in Texas so retained value may be better????

Last edited:

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
any update on your wrangler? I order mine on November and I still haven’t heard anything from the dealer. They kept saying it’s still going through inspection.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
All auto manufacturers are seeing delays due to microprocessors. I know Ford has a two-month delay. Here is another article in Yahoo.

"The impact of the crisis varies by manufacturer. General Motors said it has so far faced no closures or slowdowns — but Toyota, Volkswagen, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Subaru and Nissan have all made cutbacks in the U.S. or other parts of the world. Stellantis, the new industry giant formed by the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and France’s PSA Group, currently has two North American plants closed."

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
All auto manufacturers are seeing delays due to microprocessors. I know Ford has a two-month delay. Here is another article in Yahoo.

"The impact of the crisis varies by manufacturer. General Motors said it has so far faced no closures or slowdowns — but Toyota, Volkswagen, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Subaru and Nissan have all made cutbacks in the U.S. or other parts of the world. Stellantis, the new industry giant formed by the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and France’s PSA Group, currently has two North American plants closed."
This right here. TPMS companies having the same issue, semi conductor issues. I also spoke to a Jeep dealer and he said any vehicle ordered right not that has the lane departure feature in the mirrors, no go. They were trying to order some Ram trucks for the dealer and they were called and said all will be delayed unless they wanted to drop that feature package.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I ordered my Jeep Rubicon on Feb 15/2021.
The dealer told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks mininum.
spoke to them this week and they said lucky if you get it by first vweek of april.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I ordered my Jeep Rubicon on Feb 15/2021.
The dealer told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks mininum.
spoke to them this week and they said lucky if you get it by first vweek of april.
When I ordered mine in early May 2019, they decided they needed to shutdown the factory for 3 weeks. I missed getting my Jeep for my 50th by a couple weeks. On the positive side the thing has been bulletproof for the first 43,000 miles.

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much! I called the dealership and FCA today. It was interesting how FCA handle complains 😂 I was asking them on how to speed up things and if there is any place I could escalate this and the lady was like I’ll write it down but no one will follow up! I was like then why am I wasting time talking to you and escalating. I’m really hoping they would deliver it soon. I asked few other dealerships and they said some of their clients got their Wranglers in a month.

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Hi, Congrats on your order. I ordered Nov 25th last year from the GTA and still waiting. Last week got an update and it went into D status. But apart from that, nothing else. Dealer will not even give me an ETA on when I can expect it. It all depends

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, Congrats on your order. I ordered Nov 25th last year from the GTA and still waiting. Last week got an update and it went into D status. But apart from that, nothing else. Dealer will not even give me an ETA on when I can expect it. It all depends
Same with mine! I don’t have an ETA. Praying this would be over soon! good luck with yours! Keep us posted if you hear anything. Did you get the advanced safety package?

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Same with mine! I don’t have an ETA. Praying this would be over soon! good luck with yours! Keep us posted if you hear anything. Did you get the advanced safety package?
Yes, I got the advanced safety. Some people are saying that there is a part shortage but I have seen US orders with the same packages being delivered in a month. The delay only applies to Canadians im afraid.
Sponsored