Delays in production- wranglers

fastbowler

First Name
Usama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Has anyone on this thread gotten their car yet? I ordered my Rubicon early Dec, still no news...
Sponsored

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
It’s incredible how you spec your order determines how fast it’s built. I ordered mine Feb 22nd and it will be at the dealer March 24th.

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Has anyone on this thread gotten their car yet? I ordered my Rubicon early Dec, still no news...
There have been some movement in Canadian orders but only one guy I know received it. I ordered it in November last year, haven't received it still.

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Jeez, not even a VIN yet after all that time?

I ordered Dec 31st and got my VIN Jan 29th. Just moved to D1 status about a week ago with an estimated build date of April 14th. Really hope you get an update on yours soon!

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
I ordered mine with advanced safety last November. I still haven’t received any updates on it. Dealer was saying it was moved to final inspection in mid February and haven’t received any updates since then. I’m getting tired of this now.

Sponsored

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s incredible how you spec your order determines how fast it’s built. I ordered mine Feb 22nd and it will be at the dealer March 24th.
Did you order advanced safety group? Dealer called me mid February and said they would receive it in feb second week. But then they called me and said it was delayed! I’m really hoping they would stick to you estimated delivery date.

fastbowler

First Name
Usama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Jeez, not even a VIN yet after all that time?

I ordered Dec 31st and got my VIN Jan 29th. Just moved to D1 status about a week ago with an estimated build date of April 14th. Really hope you get an update on yours soon!
I ordered mine with advanced safety last November. I still haven’t received any updates on it. Dealer was saying it was moved to final inspection in mid February and haven’t received any updates since then. I’m getting tired of this now.
I'm in the exact same boat. Around mid Feb the dealer was fairly optimistic of receiving it in 2-3 weeks but he keeps telling me it's stuck on final inspection for multiple weeks now.

fastbowler

First Name
Usama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Another question I wanted to ask that doesn't pertain exactly to delivery times, but relevant to this situation. What level of customer service should I expect from my dealer? I know the situation is beyond his control, but just in terms of touch points he never responds to emails, I have to leave him multiples voicemails and he's clueless about the questions I ask (where the car is being made, what's happened in the last two weeks etc).

This is my first experience with a dealership, so I'm generally wondering if that's the level of service I should expect or is my situation unique.

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another question I wanted to ask that doesn't pertain exactly to delivery times, but relevant to this situation. What level of customer service should I expect from my dealer? I know the situation is beyond his control, but just in terms of touch points he never responds to emails, I have to leave him multiples voicemails and he's clueless about the questions I ask (where the car is being made, what's happened in the last two weeks etc).

This is my first experience with a dealership, so I'm generally wondering if that's the level of service I should expect or is my situation unique.
it’s my first time dealing with a dealership for a new vehicle. when I was shopping for a deal I tried visiting bunch of dealerships in and out of town. Every dealership was telling me a different story. My dealer is amazing with answering calls and responding. Never had any issues with that But I could see how some dealers would do anything avoid dealing with this situation. As far as I know majority of our wranglers are built in Toledo, OH. Usually it would take few days to arrive from there. I contacted OMVIC, FCA US and Canada But no luck or no advice for people like us but to wait. At this point I’m just waiting for a miracle to happen and get all our wranglers ASAP! 😂😂

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I ordered my Jeep Rubicon on Feb 15/2021.
The dealer told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks mininum.
spoke to them this week and they said lucky if you get it by first vweek of april.
i ordered mine mid November and haven’t heard anything yet... I’m getting so sick of waiting! They called me in January saying they had all the parts to build it and still nothing! Now with the manual transmissiondelay and cold weather group issue etc.. I’m starting to lose hope.

Sponsored

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i ordered mine mid November and haven’t heard anything yet... I’m getting so sick of waiting! They called me in January saying they had all the parts to build it and still nothing! Now with the manual transmissiondelay and cold weather group issue etc.. I’m starting to lose hope.
Whats the cold weather group issue?

simorq

First Name
Armin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Quality Assurance Engineer
Ordered a JLU sport 80th anniversary in December 15th, In HELLAYELLA (their new version of yellow), at the time the dealer told me that it is going to be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks.

10 days ago I got a VIN and estimated delivery of April 9th. The status is D1 since then, which doesnt let me believe the ETA.

Dealer was hardly answering my calls during this time, asking me to leave a message saying the sales person is busy, and they were rarely calling me back.

By the way the window sticker they sent me shows Firecracker RED! Dealer messed up my order, and they cannot correct it anymore.

I have already ordered a ton of aftermarket parts in yellow, it was my dream jeep colour that is now ruined.

I had a plan to fully modify the jeep in Feb-March and prep it for a road trip in May. Not sure if I can make it.

Btw it has advanced safety, tow package, and cold weather group.

Should I be optimistic about April 9th?

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a JLU sport 80th anniversary in December 15th, In HELLAYELLA (their new version of yellow), at the time the dealer told me that it is going to be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks.

10 days ago I got a VIN and estimated delivery of April 9th. The status is D1 since then, which doesnt let me believe the ETA.

Dealer was hardly answering my calls during this time, asking me to leave a message saying the sales person is busy, and they were rarely calling me back.

By the way the window sticker they sent me shows Firecracker RED! Dealer messed up my order, and they cannot correct it anymore.

I have already ordered a ton of aftermarket parts in yellow, it was my dream jeep colour that is now ruined.

I had a plan to fully modify the jeep in Feb-March and prep it for a road trip in May. Not sure if I can make it.

Btw it has advanced safety, tow package, and cold weather group.

Should I be optimistic about April 9th?
Omg! I’m so sorry to hear that. Technically after 3 months your contract to purchase the Jeep is voided so if you change your mind it’s easy. Usually when you finalize the deal they ask you to sign on a sheet that has all the specs and colour. You didn’t do that? If you waited this long and if you really want a hellayella you could try changing it? But that might take a lot more longer time. If you’d want to dispute it, try contacting OMVIC for any advice.
Sponsored