Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada

Jeeper4Life

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Hi - New to the Jeep world and this Forum. I ordered a 2022 Sport S in Sarge Green last weekend (January 8th), and was told 6 to 8 months. I wanted to order a 2 door Willys but was told by the dealer that Jeep is only taking orders for the 4 door Willys. I didn't want to wait any longer for the order so I sacrificed the model choice. Here's hoping it doesn't take 8 months to come.
I am from Ontario Canada as well. I ordered my four-door Willys August 17 and was told 6 to 8 months as well.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hi - New to the Jeep world and this Forum. I ordered a 2022 Sport S in Sarge Green last weekend (January 8th), and was told 6 to 8 months. I wanted to order a 2 door Willys but was told by the dealer that Jeep is only taking orders for the 4 door Willys. I didn't want to wait any longer for the order so I sacrificed the model choice. Here's hoping it doesn't take 8 months to come.
Welcome! Hopefully it isn't too long. Its really a great vehicle. You'll love it.

In saying that, I would have to declare bankruptcy if I was surfing jeep parts for 8 months.

lalgal

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build - 2022 Sarge Green Sport S
Hello Again - I know it is way too early as it has only been a week since I ordered but I am crazy excited for my first Wrangler, and I see that Americans are able to see updates on their build once they get the VIN. It appears that people in Canada are not able to do this. Do we just hope that the dealer sends us updates? When does the VIN normally get assigned? My dealer has been great but there was concern that some of the options I selected may cause an extra delay, and I want to stay on top of that in case I am able to change the order to get the Jeep sooner. Thanks for the help everyone!

Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Hello Again - I know it is way too early as it has only been a week since I ordered but I am crazy excited for my first Wrangler, and I see that Americans are able to see updates on their build once they get the VIN. It appears that people in Canada are not able to do this. Do we just hope that the dealer sends us updates? When does the VIN normally get assigned? My dealer has been great but there was concern that some of the options I selected may cause an extra delay, and I want to stay on top of that in case I am able to change the order to get the Jeep sooner. Thanks for the help everyone!
March 1, 2021 - Jeep was officially ordered

March 25, 2021 - left a Deposit at provincial Chrysler

May 21, 2021 - the Jeep moved to D status and I received my VIN.

August 13,2021 - the Jeep has enter D1 status, estimated ship date, mid September

August 28,2021 - Crypto build sheet

August 30,2021 - Window stickers showed up (US version)

September 1,2021 - jeep arrived at the dealership

LVL

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW Z4
Good luck with your purchase. We ordered on February 25, 2021 and nothing happened until we cancelled our order in mid October. We only heard from the salesperson on one occasion to say we could no longer have "yellow" as a colour. We chose another one, hoping that would move things along. Sadly, it did not so we took it upon ourselves to search and find a yellow one.

Sponsored

lalgal

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it sounds like the estimate of 6 to 8 months was correct. I am an impatient person so I am just going to have a bit of trouble with the waiting game.

In the meantime, I will continue my research on accessories and make the decision of which soft top I will purchase once I get the Wrangler.

Thanks again!

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
My story starts last year.
I ordered my rubicon in early February.
After waiting and continue to call every month.
In December I was told it has been moved to a 2022 build.
I was so upset that after waiting 10 months the dealer says the new one will cost an extra 5 grand.
I told them to shove it up their axx so to speak.
From others I know in the business I was told that they sold my vehicle to someone else willing to pay more.

I went to another dealership a couple of weeks ago and bought a 2021 Rubicon just basically stock.
At the same time I ordered a 2022 Rubicon with options that I wanted such as the xtreme Recon package.

LVL

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW Z4
My story starts last year.
I ordered my rubicon in early February.
After waiting and continue to call every month.
In December I was told it has been moved to a 2022 build.
I was so upset that after waiting 10 months the dealer says the new one will cost an extra 5 grand.
I told them to shove it up their axx so to speak.
From others I know in the business I was told that they sold my vehicle to someone else willing to pay more.

I went to another dealership a couple of weeks ago and bought a 2021 Rubicon just basically stock.
At the same time I ordered a 2022 Rubicon with options that I wanted such as the xtreme Recon package.
Just out of curiosity, how can one be sure that the vehicle we ordered had been sold by the dealership? I only ask because we ordered our vehicle in February of 2021 and by October, 2021, nothing had transpired. Thank you.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just out of curiosity, how can one be sure that the vehicle we ordered had been sold by the dealership? I only ask because we ordered our vehicle in February of 2021 and by October, 2021, nothing had transpired. Thank you.
I was told this by a few people in the car dealership business.
Just think about it this way.
If you could make ten thousand dollars more on a deal. Wouldn't you take it?
Last year people were paying msrp or more.

LVL

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW Z4
I was told this by a few people in the car dealership business.
Just think about it this way.
If you could make ten thousand dollars more on a deal. Wouldn't you take it?
Last year people were paying msrp or more.
While it makes perfect sense, you then need to question the integrity of the car dealership. For us, it was an extremely frustrating experience.

Sponsored

lalgal

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello Everyone,
Just checking in on this thread again to see if anyone from Canada has received their order recently. I am seeing a lot of US orders are being pushed out the factory doors which were ordered in the last couple months so I am hoping to hear that Canada is starting to see some movement with orders too. I have received no updates whatsoever.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hello Everyone,
Just checking in on this thread again to see if anyone from Canada has received their order recently. I am seeing a lot of US orders are being pushed out the factory doors which were ordered in the last couple months so I am hoping to hear that Canada is starting to see some movement with orders too. I have received no updates whatsoever.
Hi. You may want to google "The Ambassador Bridge, Windsor Stellantis"

We got a thing going on up here.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi. You may want to google "The Ambassador Bridge, Windsor Stellantis"

We got a thing going on up here.
yup!
another wrench to slow down and add time to our orders!
The chip shortage is not getting better until 2023!
They said it was going to get slightly better in the 3rd quarter of 2022.
Many doubt it.

I believe 6 to 8 months wait on orders to Canada.

I said it before and I will say it again.
Stelantis does not give a rats aXX about us Canadians.

1. Our market is too small compared to US orders that are 10 times more so they get orders quicker.
2. They make less money on Canadian orders because of the exchange.
CDN dollar worth less than US dollar.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
yup!
another wrench to slow down and add time to our orders!
The chip shortage is not getting better until 2023!
They said it was going to get slightly better in the 3rd quarter of 2022.
Many doubt it.

I believe 6 to 8 months wait on orders to Canada.

I said it before and I will say it again.
Stelantis does not give a rats aXX about us Canadians.

1. Our market is too small compared to US orders that are 10 times more so they get orders quicker.
2. They make less money on Canadian orders because of the exchange.
CDN dollar worth less than US dollar.
You should totally drive to Parliament Hill and sit and honk your horn until the Prime Minister can fix FCA. It's basically the Canadian way. ;)

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should totally drive to Parliament Hill and sit and honk your horn until the Prime Minister can fix FCA. It's basically the Canadian way. ;)
I wish it was that easy.
I would go right now!
Sponsored