Sponsored

Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Spoke to my dealer and was advised it is most likely looking like a July delivery for me (I've had a VIN since April).

Said he has a friend who works at the plant, and gave him a heads up they are starting to ramp up production again. The major delay seems to affect the Cold Weather Package equipped builds (the supplier went bankrupt earlier in the year).

As with every Canadian - just gotta keep waiting....

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
Spoke to my dealer and was advised it is most likely looking like a July delivery for me (I've had a VIN since April).

Said he has a friend who works at the plant, and gave him a heads up they are starting to ramp up production again. The major delay seems to affect the Cold Weather Package equipped builds (the supplier went bankrupt earlier in the year).

When did you order your jeep?

JeepOG.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

I’ve been waiting since last September, ordered both manual and cold group. So not sure what to believe but hope you are right. Seen a few Jeep’s ship to my dealer with cold group though, not manuals so could be the combinations.

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
When did you order your jeep?
I "ordered" mine in mid-April, but it was an incoming unit, so there was already a VIN assigned. I did not make a custom order, since the unit I was found had everything I wanted.

I’ve been waiting since last September, ordered both manual and cold group. So not sure what to believe but hope you are right. Seen a few Jeep’s ship to my dealer with cold group though, not manuals so could be the combinations.
Yea... I feel like it's just a rotation of excuses. It blows my mind orders from that long ago are still not fulfilled. I've noticed my dealer has had a steady stream of Rubicons come in - to the point they have a few unspoken for. Unfortunately they no longer have any programs/rebates on them so I couldn't swap out my order.

FCA definitely prioritizes the higher profit builds (i.e US orders, and upper trims like the Rubicon)

Sponsored

JeepOG.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I "ordered" mine in mid-April, but it was an incoming unit, so there was already a VIN assigned. I did not make a custom order, since the unit I was found had everything I wanted.

Yea... I feel like it's just a rotation of excuses. It blows my mind orders from that long ago are still not fulfilled. I've noticed my dealer has had a steady stream of Rubicons come in - to the point they have a few unspoken for. Unfortunately they no longer have any programs/rebates on them so I couldn't swap out my order.

FCA definitely prioritizes the higher profit builds (i.e US orders, and upper trims like the Rubicon)
That’s disappointing to think that because my Jeep was basic it got pushed to last. I have already owned a Jeep for 10 years, it had a ton of extras off the lot and through the years I figured the accessories I need and used on a regular basis, so that’s what I ordered. I hope it comes soon, for all of us waiting. This is a really hard thing to just let happen without any sort of reprimand for poor customer service.

Nailgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Congrats.
Just wondering what your specs are. I’ve ordered a Willys back on Jan 26th and still waiting.
4dr, manual, cold/towing/conv/tech.
Received the VIN May 12 but nothing since
Didn't see this reply till today.....sorry. I didn't really too fancy with my build.

3.6 eTorque /w 8 speed auto
LED lighting
8.4 Audio
Black leather + cold weather
Proximity key-less <---this is a must have !!!!!!
Trailer tow group
Steel bumper group
Plus whatever it came standard with and no Mopar add on's except the floor mats.

Again the dealer said 4 months and was very close to being correct. Something interesting....I pulled some dash panels today and replaced them with the Recon/Gladiator Launch leather units. I was shocked to see the build date on the panels to be only 5 days older than the trucks own assembly date of June 1st . Tells me they don't have stock in reserve and could be subject to delays when a single item goes unfilled. No doubt a perfect example of just in time manufacturing.

GHffwtCCbYuGDN?width=1845&height=905&cropmode=none.jpg

0Y1Hvc3AddMbU?width=4608&height=3456&cropmode=none.jpg

-mYeQt2VZ9vZ3?width=4608&height=3456&cropmode=none.jpg

LilRhody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

They aren’t prioritizing Canadian Rubicon orders. I ordered mine (manual, Sky One Touch roof, cold weather package, etc. - fully loaded) in October, was given a May ship date, and was told last week that even though It was assigned VIN, it won’t be built. My order now has been canceled.

JeepOG.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They aren’t prioritizing Canadian Rubicon orders. I ordered mine (manual, Sky One Touch roof, cold weather package, etc. - fully loaded) in October, was given a May ship date, and was told last week that even though It was assigned VIN, it won’t be built. My order now has been canceled.
Are you serious, they cancelled ? For what reason, or did they even give one?

fight4cash

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl sport
Are you serious, they cancelled ? For what reason, or did they even give one?
my dealer received 80th anniversary edition with a VIN 36 higher then mine june 23 that was custom ordered a few days after mine in early december

Sponsored

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Just got a call from my dealer this late afternoon. Ship date assigned for July 19th.
I asked what date the build was schedule for but was told they were only provided with an ETD.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
Just got a call from my dealer this late afternoon. Ship date assigned for July 19th.
I asked what date the build was schedule for but was told they were only provided with an ETD.
lucky you!
you ordered mid April and I ordered mid February.
Why would yours be ready before mine?
FCA is so backwards with when they build and ship.

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
lucky you!
you ordered mid April and I ordered mid February.
Why would yours be ready before mine?
FCA is so backwards with when they build and ship.
If it makes it any better - I technically purchased a unit already on order. So I don't know the official date the vehicle order was submitted to FCA.

When I made my deal mid-April, it already had a VIN, so it might have been on order for some time already.

Jweaton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Willys
If it makes it any better - I technically purchased a unit already on order. So I don't know the official date the vehicle order was submitted to FCA.

When I made my deal mid-April, it already had a VIN, so it might have been on order for some time already.
I think you should be able to look up the order date here
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
I ordered mine the end of Jan. really really hoping to hear something soon.