Sponsored

Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
I too am done with the whole process, ready to cancel. Placed deposit on a manual Willys on February 8th, which was supposedly already in the queue. Was told at that time that it would be on the lot April or May. Now, over 3 months later the dealer still has no idea when it will be built/shipped...very little communication. No alternative stock around either. Plus interest rates are up and the 5% discount eliminated. Crappy situation overall.
When you signed your sale agreement, it would lock in any incentives that were available at the time. Typically it would only change if the offers got BETTER but they cannot remove sales offers. Interest rates changing would only affect you if you decided to finance through 3rd party/did not have a pre-approval locked in.

As long as you have the paperwork, you're ok. I made them confirm my trade in amount would be locked, even if I continue driving it waiting for my jeep to arrive.
Sponsored

cacrawley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
When you signed your sale agreement, it would lock in any incentives that were available at the time. Typically it would only change if the offers got BETTER but they cannot remove sales offers. Interest rates changing would only affect you if you decided to finance through 3rd party/did not have a pre-approval locked in.

As long as you have the paperwork, you're ok. I made them confirm my trade in amount would be locked, even if I continue driving it waiting for my jeep to arrive.

When I signed the paperwork they locked in the trade value but they did not include the 5% discount advertised by FCA as they said the delivery date was too far out. I did do the pre-approval. They said the offers during the month of delivery would apply, which I assume means I am not protected? I may have to follow up with FCA although I don't have much faith in getting this straightened out.

Weiler007

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 80th Anniversary
Ooo that's a really handy resource. I will keep my eye on it. Weird my salesperson didn't want to check on build status for me.

Hopefully mine stays true to the dealer saying it is supposed to arrive this month when I put in my down payment to reserve an incoming unit.
Have you checked the CASSEN site today with your VIN? Mine arrived!! They (Peel Chrysler C5114) received 2 trucks of Wranglers today. Maybe yours is on there??

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
When I signed the paperwork they locked in the trade value but they did not include the 5% discount advertised by FCA as they said the delivery date was too far out. I did do the pre-approval. They said the offers during the month of delivery would apply, which I assume means I am not protected? I may have to follow up with FCA although I don't have much faith in getting this straightened out.
That doesn't sound right at all... not sure how things work in NF, but typically when a dealer makes a sale, it counts towards that month's sale. FCA would then payout the rebate to the dealer during the monthly transactions. Some OEMs would hold out until delivery, but regardless, that vehicle rebate will be paid to the dealer upon delivery to the customer. They look at the SALE DATE, not delivery date. To me, it sounds like the dealer plans on pocketing that money? Definitely call FCA.

I work in this industry, this sound sketchy. Go over your sale agreement/breakdown. Whatever the amount is listed as the final sale price is what they are held to, but if they did not include the rebate on the signed agreement, they probably screwed you. Mine is just all grouped under "Discounts" since it was rebate+dealer discounts.

Have you checked the CASSEN site today with your VIN? Mine arrived!! They (Peel Chrysler C5114) received 2 trucks of Wranglers today. Maybe yours is on there??
I've been keeping my eye on it, but sadly I do not see mine yet 😭 but it looks like they are starting to get shipments of wranglers in.

Happy to hear yours arrived though!!!

Crossing my fingers it'll arrive before the long weekend. Build sheet still hasn't shown up on crypto yet...

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Does that Hella Willy's belong to anyone on here or did they actually order a yellow manual for the lot? It's my exact spec except the colour... almost tempted but don't know that I want to be that guy with the bright yellow Jeep....

Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a VIN! D status. Ordered on March 31.

fight4cash

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl sport
I'm only a month from placing my order. I've moved from BG to BX but that's it so far. I think I've heard of other Canadian's getting their VIN's in a month or 6 weeks, no?
Ordered dec 8 went to bx status Jan 4 then d status April 10 then nothing as of today

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I'm expecting a call from my dealer to get my order cancelled any day. Stellantis just can't seem to find a way to deliver in Canada right now. Even the Windsor factory, for Pacificas and Voyagers, is closed due to the microchip shortage.

I'm looking for used JKs right now.

PierreNL

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport s 2021 6spd,Vw Golf 2020
Occupation
Retired
I'm expecting a call from my dealer to get my order cancelled any day. Stellantis just can't seem to find a way to deliver in Canada right now. Even the Windsor factory, for Pacificas and Voyagers, is closed due to the microchip shortage.

I'm looking for used JKs right now.
When did you order and do you have a vin

Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two weeks ago after my Willys got wrecked and no.
I don't think this one will take as long... I went D with a VIN 6 weeks after ordering. You still have the loaner right?

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
My dealer says they do not know. they just say that FCA is way behind on orders and they only know a couple of days before they recieve it.
They finally gave me a VON number and said it was not even built yet.
you guys got a vin but what can i do with a von number?
I ordered a rubi unlimited 3.6l on feb. 13th/21. (coming on 3 months)

Last edited:

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
My dealer says they do not know. they just say that FCA is way behind on orders and they only know a couple of days before they recieve it.
They finally gave me a VON number and said it was not even built yet.
you guys got a vin but what can i do with a von number?
I ordered a rubi unlimited 3.6l on feb. 13th/21. (coming on 3 months)
I ordered Jan 25.
Received VON and BX status a few days later.
Almost 4 months later.... Still VON and BX.
Dealer keeps checking daily but no movement since then. Crickets.
Sahara HA 2.0T with SOT, Cold Weather, Advanced Safety.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I ordered Jan 25.
Received VON and BX status a few days later.
Almost 4 months later.... Still VON and BX.
Dealer keeps checking daily but no movement since then. Crickets.
Sahara HA 2.0T with SOT, Cold Weather, Advanced Safety.

Wow! you ordered a few weeks before I did.
I do not think we will get our jeeps before July.
Just a feeling I have.
I am so pissed at FCA treating us like second hand clients.
They drop their pants for Americans.
Why do we have to wait so long?
In the USA we would of had our jeeps in a month.
Sponsored