Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada

Bett

First Name
Bett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler - high altitude
I ordered a Jeep Wrangler High Altitude in mid Oct 2020 (in Ontario) and I’m still waiting for it to come in after I was told that it would arrive in Dec, then early Jan, then late Jan... now March 2021. Apparently the jeep is “in production” and I was given a ship date of Feb 17th. If anyone has insight into delays due to Covid, etc and an educated guess as to when my jeep will arrive in Ontario, any info would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Ordered a wrangler Rubicon in November 2020. Still waiting, no estimated date of arrival

simorq

First Name
Armin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Quality Assurance Engineer
In the same boat.

Ordered a JLU sport 80th anniversary in December 15th, In HELLAYELLA (their new version of yellow), at the time the dealer told me that it is going to be delivered in 6 to 8 weeks.

10 days ago I got a VIN and estimated delivery of April 9th. The status is D1 since then, which doesnt let me believe the ETA.

Dealer was not answering my calls during this time, asking me to leave a message saying the sales person is busy, and they were rarely calling me back.

By the way the window sticker shows Firecracker RED! Dealer messed up my order, and they cannot correct it anymore.

I have already ordered a ton of aftermarket parts in yellow, it was my dream jeep colour that is now ruined.

the jeep was supposed to be fully modified in Feb-March and ready for a road trip May. Not sure if I can make it.

OP
OP

Bett

First Name
Bett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wrangler finally arrived during the second week of March. I also had problems when my dealership ordered the wrong jeep back in June. When it arrived in Oct, it was the wrong package and I refused to buy it. Ordered another one (the right one this time) and it took 5 months to come in.

Astanzz

First Name
Lexx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
I ordered a Jeep Wrangler High Altitude in mid Oct 2020 (in Ontario) and I’m still waiting for it to come in after I was told that it would arrive in Dec, then early Jan, then late Jan... now March 2021. Apparently the jeep is “in production” and I was given a ship date of Feb 17th. If anyone has insight into delays due to Covid, etc and an educated guess as to when my jeep will arrive in Ontario, any info would be much appreciated.
Well that makes me nervous. I just bought the same (Ontario as well) and was told it may be a month or two and is currently in production. I have no idea when production started but I’m hoping I’m not waiting 5+ months!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bett

First Name
Bett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that makes me nervous. I just bought the same (Ontario as well) and was told it may be a month or two and is currently in production. I have no idea when production started but I’m hoping I’m not waiting 5+ months!

OP
OP

Bett

First Name
Bett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I think the Christmas holidays were a bit of a factor... hopefully it won’t be as long as mine. Once I got the shipped status, it arrived 3 weeks later.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited -Willy's
When did you order? I ordered mine on January 12th.....still no VIN. It has been in BX status since the beginning of February. 😒

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
When did you order? I ordered mine on January 12th.....still no VIN. It has been in BX status since the beginning of February. 😒
I ordered mine (a 4xe) on March 26 and the dealer said 4 - 6 months. At least he was honest. Now that it sunk in that I finally bought a Jeep - I can't wait to get it!

PatRodriguz

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered mine in Milton, Ontario on March 9th, 2021. I followed up with the dealer today, and he provided me with a VIN at least. Two weeks ago, I did not have a VIN so that's some progress I suppose.

Sponsored

Astanzz

First Name
Lexx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
I only ordered a few weeks ago. I followed up with sales rep. He said it will be a long time unless I give up the sky roof which I won’t.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only ordered a few weeks ago. I followed up with sales rep. He said it will be a long time unless I give up the sky roof which I won’t.
Just got the call......my Willy's is unbuildable. 😢

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why?? An option that’s not compatible? Sorry to hear that!
Apparently it's something to do with the Willys package....it uses a specific microprocessor that is not available

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Apparently it's something to do with the Willys package....it uses a specific microprocessor that is not available
That story has holes... Willys is an appearance package really. Did you have advanced safety or something else complex? Lots of Willys are getting built, and the processors shouldn’t be any different from any other sport with the same safety and entertainment options... what was your spec?
Sponsored