Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
This is part of the Cold Weather Group in Canada:
  • Front heated seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Remote start system
The Cold Weather Group is a must have for me and I ordered it for my Jeep. Mind you the dealer has not mentioned this being an issue.
It’s odd because i just looked up on my build sheet and remote start is listed in both the convenience group and the cold Weather group so I’m going to have to do a little digging , last thing i want is some rigged up remote start \ heated seat package from the dealer that is just junk...
Starting to think ordering this was a mistake.
I have a Willys Unlimited supposedly coming in next month with the Cold Weather. I lucked out and found an incoming unit that was unspoken for that was to my liking.

So remote start is part of the Convenience Package, which is required when you add the Cold Weather package as well.

Dealer explained it was difficult to find incoming Wranglers with the Cold Weather package because the supplier of the steering wheel went bankrupt so there was a shortage of parts for the heated steering wheel.

Apparently FCA issued a bulletin for dealers to stop putting in new orders with the Cold Weather package. Another dealer that was trying to get my business told me this but they would go ahead and submit it anyways since "they should have it sorted by now" but you never know.
Sponsored

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
So remote start is part of the Convenience Package, which is required when you add the Cold Weather package as well.
Didn't know that.

Dealer explained it was difficult to find incoming Wranglers with the Cold Weather package because the supplier of the steering wheel went bankrupt so there was a shortage of parts for the heated steering wheel.

Apparently FCA issued a bulletin for dealers to stop putting in new orders with the Cold Weather package. Another dealer that was trying to get my business told me this but they would go ahead and submit it anyways since "they should have it sorted by now" but you never know.
Interesting, thanks.

Good luck with your incoming Jeep, Mini Cat!

Weiler007

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 80th Anniversary
I ordered my 4 Door Sahara 80th Anniversary on March 11th. Got my VIN on April 5th from the dealer. Still in D status as far as I know.....I haven't heard from the dealer if this has changed.

1618937313500.png
Just got an update from my dealer!! May 7th Build Date! Ordered March 11th. Build sheet above

Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Well, ain't he special. Must know somebody at FCA. ;)
Lol - or the waits are getting shorter now that 392 and 4Xe backlogs are complete and most dealers won't be ordering more 21's for the lot? Let's hope! My order date was 3/31, so I'm being optimistic!

Weiler007

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol - or the waits are getting shorter now that 392 and 4Xe backlogs are complete and most dealers won't be ordering more 21's for the lot? Let's hope! My order date was 3/31, so I'm being optimistic!
I think it must be the backlog clearing up?? I don't know anyone at FCL. LOL I have the Cold weather package and the LED so it can't be them delaying other orders. Doesn't seem like any rhyme or reason. I better buy a Lotto MAX today!

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it must be the backlog clearing up?? I don't know anyone at FCL. LOL I have the Cold weather package and the LED so it can't be them delaying other orders. Doesn't seem like any rhyme or reason. I better buy a Lotto MAX today!
What dealer? Curious. Mine was ordered through Wellington in Guelph.

Weiler007

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What dealer? Curious. Mine was ordered through Wellington in Guelph.
I ordered through Peel - Sales person was Zach Tune. I have no affiliation. It was down to price. They won. They have been really good though. Lots of communication. Seemed to have a genuine interest in my order.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered through Peel - Sales person was Zach Tune. I have no affiliation. It was down to price. They won. They have been really good though. Lots of communication. Seemed to have a genuine interest in my order.
Nice. They're a pretty big dealer. Wonder if that has anything to do with timing or not.

Sponsored

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
My order is through Peel as well. Like you said - it's about price.

They undercut most dealers/other dealers usually have a hard time matching their prices and cuss at them.

They operate under a volume bonus premise - they make their money by hitting volume targets and getting bonusses from FCA. So even if they do not make much money off each unit, it evens out from the extra money.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I am hoping mine is coming soon.
I order mine Feb 12.
Jeep Rubicon unlimited white

PierreNL

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport s 2021 6spd,Vw Golf 2020
Occupation
Retired
I am hoping mine is coming soon.
I order mine Feb 12.
Jeep Rubicon unlimited white
Good luck
ordered mine 9-nov-2020
got my Vin 15-march-2021
estimate build 15-april-2021
30-april-2021 No update from dealer yet,he said he would call when loaded on the train.

PierreNL

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport s 2021 6spd,Vw Golf 2020
Occupation
Retired
Good luck
ordered mine 9-nov-2020
got my Vin 15-march-2021
estimate build 15-april-2021
30-april-2021 No update from dealer yet,he said he would call when loaded on the train.
This is weird,this morning my window sticker updated since
2 weeks ago and now. Shows à $295.00 charge for tires that where included with the granite wheels when I ordered 6 months ago.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
This is weird,this morning my window sticker updated since
2 weeks ago and now. Shows à $295.00 charge for tires that where included with the granite wheels when I ordered 6 months ago.
That’s strange, those are the optional tires:

Jeep Wrangler JL Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada 1619975855222
Sponsored