Sponsored

Delays in production/delivery to Ontario, Canada

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited -Willy's
That story has holes... Willys is an appearance package really. Did you have advanced safety or something else complex? Lots of Willys are getting built, and the processors shouldn’t be any different from any other sport with the same safety and entertainment options... what was your spec?
Apparently, it's the cod weather package
Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Apparently, it's the cod weather package
Yeah, that’s a NFLD only package so I can see that being a challenge.... :CWL:

Jokes aside, something still seems “fishy” about the cold weather package causing them to cancel your order outright. And I sure hope it’s not the case cause my Willys has that package spec’d too!

LilRhody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My dealer tried to tell me that about my Rubicon. Push back and ask them what feature you ordered that is causing it not to be built.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer tried to tell me that about my Rubicon. Push back and ask them what feature you ordered that is causing it not to be built.
Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked to see them cancel an order outright. Delay it, roll it over to a '22 and have to modify slightly, maybe. But just say "sorry, we don't want your money anymore" seems pretty strange.

Somebody is playing games. You're right to push back on that!

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just cancelled my order. Was told it would most likely not be built in 2021....and that when it is eventually built in 2022, the factory incentives I signed at (5% factory disc/2.99%) would most likely change.
Items holding back my build up are LED Headlights and the cold weather package.

Sponsored

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked to see them cancel an order outright. Delay it, roll it over to a '22 and have to modify slightly, maybe. But just say "sorry, we don't want your money anymore" seems pretty strange.

Somebody is playing games. You're right to push back on that!
They offered me a stock unit they ordered in July that might come in at the end of the month. It is missing options I want, and has a few I didn't necessarily want. Kicker was the soft top. They said I could buy one through their parts Dept at $3000 and said that it wouldn't be able to be added to the financing.
Caught them in a couple other "miscommunications" so I walked.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just cancelled my order. Was told it would most likely not be built in 2021....and that when it is eventually built in 2022, the factory incentives I signed at (5% factory disc/2.99%) would most likely change.
Items holding back my build up are LED Headlights and the cold weather package.
Really strange, like really strange. Those are super common options and these things are pumping out every day. I know there are the chip shortages, but FCA has shut down other plants to keep the Jeep and truck plants running.

Mine was only ordered at the end of March, has both those options, and I'm hearing nothing of the sort. I know the salesperson, who is the Wrangler expert on staff, from other activities and they're not hearing of delays due to those options.

I would watch their inventory REALLY closely for your Jeep to come in. Do you have cryptostickers on it? Don't cancel that, keep watching for it. I'd bet money it comes in as a '21 sometime in June. Just cause you cancelled buying it from them doesn't mean they cancelled the order...

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They offered me a stock unit they ordered in July that might come in at the end of the month. It is missing options I want, and has a few I didn't necessarily want. Kicker was the soft top. They said I could buy one through their parts Dept at $3000 and said that it wouldn't be able to be added to the financing.
Caught them in a couple other "miscommunications" so I walked.
One caveat - are they a super small dealer maybe? If you're saying they're hoping to get a stock unit soon that they ordered last July....

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really strange, like really strange. Those are super common options and these things are pumping out every day. I know there are the chip shortages, but FCA has shut down other plants to keep the Jeep and truck plants running.

Mine was only ordered at the end of March, has both those options, and I'm hearing nothing of the sort. I know the salesperson, who is the Wrangler expert on staff, from other activities and they're not hearing of delays due to those options.

I would watch their inventory REALLY closely for your Jeep to come in. Do you have cryptostickers on it? Don't cancel that, keep watching for it. I'd bet money it comes in as a '21 sometime in June. Just cause you cancelled buying it from them doesn't mean they cancelled the order...
But US orders take priority over Canadian orders. Our orders get bumped while US dealerships are still receiving inventory. A dealer across the border (literally a 20 min drive) has 11 Willys in stock!
The dealer said they were going to cancel my order with FCA....I told them they would be stupid to do that. 🤷‍♂️

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But US orders take priority over Canadian orders. Our orders get bumped while US dealerships are still receiving inventory. A dealer across the border (literally a 20 min drive) has 11 Willys in stock!
The dealer said they were going to cancel my order with FCA....I told them they would be stupid to do that. 🤷‍♂️
4-6 months seems to be the norm for Canadian orders, and you ordered in January right? There are a couple anomalies outside that one way or the other, but I'd still bet your order is on the dealer's lot in June...

4-6 weeks USD = 4-6 months CAN :angry:

I posted in the Australia thread at one point that it was taking us as long to get metric gauges and a 3 hour drive from Toledo as our Commonwealth friends take to get RHD and a bunch of other changes on a slow boat around the world!

Sponsored

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-6 months seems to be the norm for Canadian orders, and you ordered in January right? There are a couple anomalies outside that one way or the other, but I'd still bet your order is on the dealer's lot in June...

4-6 weeks USD = 4-6 months CAN :angry:

I posted in the Australia thread at one point that it was taking us as long to get metric gauges and a 3 hour drive from Toledo as our Commonwealth friends take to get RHD and a bunch of other changes on a slow boat around the world!
Our build was in BX status within 3 weeks of our order. It sat there with no answers till last Friday, when I got bumped to BG with no ETA. The GM spoke with his District Manager and was told that my build would be bumped to a 2022. That also means that I will lose all 2021 incentives and "have to" go with whatever Jeep incentives are for the new 2022.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our build was in BX status within 3 weeks of our order. It sat there with no answers till last Friday, when I got bumped to BG with no ETA. The GM spoke with his District Manager and was told that my build would be bumped to a 2022. That also means that I will lose all 2021 incentives and "have to" go with whatever Jeep incentives are for the new 2022.
Sorry to hear that. I can armchair quarterback all I want, but it doesn't sound like you're presented with a lot of options... Hopefully I don't end up eating my words on my build, which sounds not too far off yours and was just ordered at the end of March....

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that. I can armchair quarterback all I want, but it doesn't sound like you're presented with a lot of options... Hopefully I don't end up eating my words on my build, which sounds not too far off yours and was just ordered at the end of March....
I will keep my fingers crossed for ya. 🤞

Reactions: BH6

Uncle T

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
We ordered our Willys on March 5th. Still no VIN , called dealer yesterday to check progress and we as well were told it’s the cold weather package. I’m calling BS on this, it makes no sense. Dealer says that can install the heated seats there but I’ll lose the heated steering wheel, we’ll see if that speeds this ridiculous process up but I’m not counting on it at this point tbh.
I was super pumped about the Snazzberry Willys man but now I’m just waiting to see how long I get jacked around until I cancel.
this sucks.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We ordered our Willys on March 5th. Still no VIN , called dealer yesterday to check progress and we as well were told it’s the cold weather package. I’m calling BS on this, it makes no sense. Dealer says that can install the heated seats there but I’ll lose the heated steering wheel, we’ll see if that speeds this ridiculous process up but I’m not counting on it at this point tbh.
I was super pumped about the Snazzberry Willys man but now I’m just waiting to see how long I get jacked around until I cancel.
this sucks.
I was never given any options to modify my original order to make it "buildable". I would have given up the heated steering wheel and the LED headlights if given that option.
Sponsored