Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
So my 2019 JLU is starting to have an odd bug. Beginning last week, every time I turn on my Jeep the defrost goes full blast soon thereafter. I have to turn it off and restart the engine. It'll go back to my normal setting. Every. Single. Time.

There have been no recent changes or anything else that I can think of that would cause this sudden issue.

Anyone else?
Sponsored

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So my 2019 JLU is starting to have an odd bug. Beginning last week, every time I turn on my Jeep the defrost goes full blast soon thereafter. I have to turn it off and restart the engine. It'll go back to my normal setting. Every. Single. Time.
If you want to find the best gps for truckers, visit AutoGuysLand to review these products before getting one.
There have been no recent changes or anything else that I can think of that would cause this sudden issue.

Anyone else?
There could be loose connection somewhere. Take a look at this.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Anyone else?
Agreed, loose connection. Many have described other similar odd behaviors that were fixed by pushing in loose fuses and relays. If that doesnā€™t work, removing a specific fuse related to the component and reinserting it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Anyone else?
Hi Darter02,
I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this is surely causing you! We recommend having this diagnosed by your dealer. Feel free to reach out to our team privately with any additional questions you may have!

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
Darter02

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I've been meaning to come back to this thread. Life is really intense these days, so things like this haven't been really a priority.

THAT SAID, this issue drives me nuts. It only happens once outdoor temperatures fall into the 30's (F) or below. It happens every time I turn the vehicle on. I have checked all of my fuses and reseated things a few times. I have check a few connections but can't be positive I have checked them all.

Can anyone point me to a resources that helps me trace out what connects to follow through the wiring harness? Locations of specific connections?

Within about a minute or so after turning things on the defroster begins to blast air at full output. The temp seems to be warmer air but it's not easy to tell since I have so many cold starts. This happens whether or not it's a first start up, or a restart. As long as the external temp is in the 30's or below it blasts the defrost.

All of those little plastic plugs they tout on the 'Question regarding the Windsheld [sic] defrost' thread go flying all over the place on occasion. The cold Wisconsin air shrinks them!

Sponsored

TIGER TOm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER SPORT JL
Mine has started doing the same thing and you can't stop it without turning off the ignition. Mine does it at all temperatures, cold and hot.

MelDanel

First Name
MelDanel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler is doing the same thing. Has anyone found a fix for the defroster turning on every time you turn the Jeep on?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler is doing the same thing. Has anyone found a fix for the defroster turning on every time you turn the Jeep on?
So sorry to hear that! Please send our team a private message and we can dig in.

Kate
Jeep Cares

MelDanel

First Name
MelDanel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hello Kate

what is Jeep Cares?

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
Hi Kate. Thank You. What is Jeep Cares?

Jeep Cares is a direct connection to the the folks that can often help you out when you have a problem with your vehicles. Definitely worth your time to send them a private message.
Sponsored