LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I went on jeep.com to build my Jeep and look at different configs.

First of all, prices have been adjusted...up, of course.

More importantly, when building a Rubicon, BFG tires are no longer the tire, Falken Tires are what is on the Jeep!

I have no experience with Falken, but IMHO anything is a step down from BF Goodrich.

Is this a regional thing (I'm in Texas) or has anyone else seen this?

Won't matter, you'll have new meats on in no time anyhow! I recommend BFG KM3's! Throw those Falken Island tires in the burn pile and send them back to the tire gods in the sky!

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
See pics i just uploaded....man it just dose NOT look right. Specially after months of having my heart set on this certain visual in my head and after seeing so many, drooling over them. It's just a huge disappointment. It's almost like if they took The Rubi hood off and went to the plain Sport hood. Kinda ruins the vibe
Buy it.

Swap in KO2s.

Hawk Falkens on forum.

Be Happy.

:)

PS: With all the people who took the KO2s off, there should be a flood of those things on the aftermarket.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Falkens are a really gòod tire they arecway better than the old bfgs my old bfgs wore out by 45k as in bald. Worsethan tha though they got loud snd cupped easily When i added an ome lift to my old jkur i needed tires so ibought the falken all terrains they were cheap like 800 for 5 tires they dont sell them any more well 88000 miles later they were not even down to wear bars yet. I put on a new set of 35s kelly springfield safaris.

but back to the falkens i was up in the mountains after it had snowed the sun was out and the snow melting
i was a bit nervous so i got out to walk the trail ahead and slipped ( the kind of spider dance on ice kind of slip) because the mud was so slick. so i got back in and drove up the trail. No problen no wheel spin they just found traction som how! those plain jane looking tires were really a wolf in sheeps clothing

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The KO2's are still standard, the Falken M/T is a no charge option, sales code TWG. Now we have the choice of all terrain or mud terrain from the factory.
I think you are correct.

I think the thread title might be misleading and wrong. It is probable the TXA (BFG K02 BLACK sidewall) is still the default tire for the 2-DOOR Rubicon. The most recent Build Wrangler online also list the TXA as standard. My dealer assumed this also. They had no knowledge of a Falken branded tire for the Rubicon so they were a little confused. They will confirm Monday after talking to their Jeep Rep. I was alarmed by this thread because I ordered a Rubicon a few days ago under the assumption I was getting BFG K02s.

Further evidence showing you are probably correct. There only used to be the TT4 (BFG K02 with WHITE lettering) option which was no-charge. Now there is also a additional no-charge option, the TWG option.

It's good to have options that are no-cost.

This is from the FEB/2019 2-DOOR Order Guide.

TT4 and TWG are NO COST options.
TT4 = BFG K02 with WHITE OUTSIDE lettering
TWG = Falken (this code was confirmed by JEEP to be a Falken branded tire)

Last edited:

Sponsored

catdaddy63

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue, 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
Occupation
Used Car Manager/Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are correct.

I think the thread title might be misleading and wrong. It is possible the BFG K02 BLACK sidewall is still the default tire for the 2-DOOR Rubicon. My dealer assumed this also. They had no knowledge of a Falken branded tire for the Rubicon. They will confirm Monday after talking to their Jeep Rep. I was alarmed by this thread because I ordered a Rubicon a few days ago under the assumption I was getting BFG K02s.

Further evidence showing you are probably correct. There only used to be the TT4 (BFG K02 with WHITE lettering) option which was no-charge. Now there is also additional no-charge option, the TWG option.

This is from the FEB/2019 2-DOOR Order Guide.

TT4 and TWG are NO COST options.
TT4 = BFG K02 with WHITE OUTSIDE lettering
TWG = Falken (this code was confirmed by JEEP to be a Falken branded tire)
Now I actually went into DealerConnect last night to test this, and the TT4 White Letter tire is NOT selectable while the TWG M/T is, the KO2 black sidewall is still the standard equipment in the code guide (3/1/19 update) with the TWG Falken M/T available as a no-cost option. All options are available for a sold order. We should know more once allocations are available and we can see what can be ordered.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I actually went into DealerConnect last night to test this, and the TT4 White Letter tire is NOT selectable while the TWG M/T is, the KO2 black sidewall is still the standard equipment in the code guide (3/1/19 update) with the TWG Falken M/T available as a no-cost option. All options are available for a sold order. We should know more once allocations are available and we can see what can be ordered.
I ordered a Rubicon a few days ago under the assumption I was getting BFG K02s. Then I saw this thread stating Falken M/T were the new default tire and the BFG K02s were being dropped.. I was worried my Rubicon would be delivered without the tire I was expecting. Looks like I will not have to worry. Great that everyone who wants a Rubicon has a no-cost option for either A/T or M/T tires. Everyone can get what fits their application best. Except for someone really wanted the K02 with white lettering. They will just have to settle for the regular K02 with black letters. lol.

Thanks again Catdaddy!

Last edited:

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No more option for white lettering? Boooooooo

catdaddy63

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue, 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
Occupation
Used Car Manager/Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
No more option for white lettering? Boooooooo
It's not showing available for stock orders, it is available for sold orders it seems.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey some real facts ! , thanks now we know the real story.
Now Sobelt69 needs to track down the Facebook poster he heard this from and school them on Rubicon tire availability. lol.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Order your jeep. WHen It gets in start screaming
“Hey, where did these Falkin tires come from?”
“You think I’m some sort of Falkin idiot?”
“Go get the Falkin manager!”
“I want a Falkin discount!”

Please report back
Took the words right out of my mouth.....

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I wouldn't if they came with Falken AT3 but I'm not interested in a M/T tire. To me, the Falken M/T looks like the JK Rubicon tires which I was never a fan of. I am excited that they are offering KO2's with OWL for no extra charge. I'll be adding that to my order list.