sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
What are you seeing that I'm not seeing? Looks good. Lol
I thought the hood vents were functional?
Here is window sticker with the new Flakins listed. BFG KO2 will not be used anymore

I guess you just need to see them in person. Again just my opinion.

1BCF158A-D953-4E45-A1D7-EDC2C5DFEE7B.png
Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
They look very similar to the BFG KM that was on the JK. I think the BFG KO2 is a better all around tire for the majority of Rubicon buyers.
Yes definitely. To my eyes, the Rubicon stock with the KO2 and the included stock wheels were just so perfect looking I’m my eyes. I would never change that combo. But everyone has different views and wants. I been shocked on how many toss the stock rubicons aside. But hey it’s the money and their vision of what they want

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Here is window sticker with the new Flakins listed. BFG KO2 will not be used anymore

I guess you just need to see them in person. Again just my opinion.

1BCF158A-D953-4E45-A1D7-EDC2C5DFEE7B.png
How does this window sticker say the BFG are no longer ? I see Optional falcon mud terrain listed under options not under standard equipment. All this window sticker says to me is mud terrain’s are now an option.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
The KO2's are still standard, the Falken M/T is a no charge option, sales code TWG. Now we have the choice of all terrain or mud terrain from the factory.
This sounds like real facts , the March order guide will be out any day so we should get official updates then

Sponsored

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Just take them off and put the tires on you want. Many do that no matter what tire is on it. If a particular tire brand means you are going to chuck the entire vehicle then enjoy your minivan because you don't deserve a JL.
The minivan comment was a joke.

Don't feel empowered to ever tell another person what the do or do not deserve.

Get over yourself. You like Falken tires? Good. I like BFG. YMMV. I think Jeep is screwing ppl by not installing premium off road tires (BFG) on a premium vehicle.

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I don't want M/T tires. I really want the K02s. I am hoping it's a option. Is that info in the latest Order Guide?
This is really great news. Glad to see it.

Alternatively...

WHAT??!?!?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! How dare Jeep offer me an option and it's not the option I want???!?!?!

...rest your sphincters, that last one was a joke...

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Get over yourself. You like Falken tires? Good. I like BFG. YMMV. I think Jeep is screwing ppl by not installing premium off road tires (BFG) on a premium vehicle.
This made me laugh out loud. I’ve been through many sets of BFG’s. Even been sponsored by them. The KO2 is a great tire as is the KM3.

That said, IMHO the Falken AT3W is a better AT tire in every way especially in snow and ice. It’s a more aggressive AT with better siping, and really falls between a MT and an AT. The Wildpeak MT has been used and abused in the desert by many long time Toyo and BFG guys, and feedback I hear is mostly positive.

To say Falken is not a “premium” tire brand is laughable. Both parent companies are huge (Michelin and Sumitomo) and well regarded in racing. Falken also made the podium at King of the Hammers this year too.

YMMV, but either tire is a great option.

Last edited:

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I remember the press release earlier stating that it would be an option coming in 2019. Doesn't look like the build configurator has been updated to reflect it though.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Order your jeep. WHen It gets in start screaming
“Hey, where did these Falkin tires come from?”
“You think I’m some sort of Falkin idiot?”
“Go get the Falkin manager!”
“I want a Falkin discount!”

Please report back

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This made me laugh out loud. I’ve been through many sets of BFG’s. Even been sponsored by them. The KO2 is a great tire as is the KM3.

That said, IMHO the Falken AT3W is a better AT tire in every way especially in snow and ice. It’s a more aggressive AT with better siping, and really falls between a MT and an AT. The Wildpeak MT has been used and abused in the desert by many long time Toyo and BFG guys, and feedback I hear is mostly positive.

To say Falken is not a “premium” tire brand is laughable. Both parent companies are huge (Michelin and Sumitomo) and well regarded in racing. Falken also made the podium at King of the Hammers this year too.

YMMV, but either tire is a great option.
Absolutely spot on analysis my friend! So many people are such keyboard warriors spewing out their little opinions as facts and couldn’t be farther from the truth! I posted earlier in this thread also and will reiterate the Falken tires absolutely beat the BFG tires in almost every measurable metric and some by a significant margin!! Google is your friend folks don’t take some keyboard warriors uninformed opinions or mine either! The Falken is a Better tire than the BFG period that is why Jeep is putting this tire on their premium products period!!!!

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Sounds like all the folks who love Falken bought the Jeeps with BF Goodrich tires.

:LOL:

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Seriously though. Order the jeep you want. If there’s no real option, negotiate your best deal and then just before you sign tell them you want KO2s, or whatever. Maybe they’ll give it to you, maybe ther;ll be a some upcharge.