Sponsored

Default Dash Info Screen

bluemokor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I recently installed a lift, larger tires, and the Tazer JL. I have noticed that my dash info screen almost always defaults to the mpg screen. I say almost always because if I turn the Jeep off and back on in a short time it seems to show the last used screen. I do not remember this being an issue before the work was done.

Anyone else have this issue. Is there some way to set this option? Does it default to the mpg because my fuel economy has dropped with the upgrades? It is not a big deal. It is just a nuisance because I would rather not be reminded how much the gas milage sucks.
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

bluemokor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Similar setup, though mine always returns to the last used screen. There's a relatively new reboot procedure. Are you sure you've been following that process? See the bottom of Page 6 here: https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLUserGuide1108.pdf

Good luck!
I actually have not changed anything with the Tazer myself. The shop that installed the lift and tires did it all. I assumed they did it correctly, but I went ahead and tried the full restart procedur. It did not see to make a difference though. The display still defaults to the mpg screen. Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I actually have not changed anything with Taxer myself. The shop that installed the lift and tires did it all. I assumed they did it correctly, but I went ahead and tried the full restart procedur. It did not see to make a difference though. The display still defaults to the mpg screen. Any other thoughts?
Only other thought would be to Unmarry the Tazer, update it to the latest software, the remarry and add your settings back. Then a full reboot, of course.

OP
OP

bluemokor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Only other thought would be to Unmarry the Tazer, update it to the latest software, the remarry and add your settings back. Then a full reboot, of course.
I'll keep messing around with it. I just wish I understood what was making it select the screen. It seems random. Sometimes its the last screen used but most of the time it's the mpg screen.

Sponsored

bigalsulli

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I recently installed a lift, larger tires, and the Tazer JL. I have noticed that my dash info screen almost always defaults to the mpg screen. I say almost always because if I turn the Jeep off and back on in a short time it seems to show the last used screen. I do not remember this being an issue before the work was done.

Anyone else have this issue. Is there some way to set this option? Does it default to the mpg because my fuel economy has dropped with the upgrades? It is not a big deal. It is just a nuisance because I would rather not be reminded how much the gas milage sucks.
Same issue here with my gladiator. Did install new tpms sensors (aftermarket). Did you ever solve this issue?

edit: I’m reading you had a shop do everything. Did you get new wheels and tires? This has something to do with aftermarket TPMS is my hunch.

OP
OP

bluemokor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I did get new wheels and tires. I guess it could be the tpms. I assumed it was just something with the Tazer.

I was able to get mine to stop by doing the Tazer reboot sequence. I went through the reboot process twice. Both times I started with the speedometer screen showing. I'm not sure if the amount of times is relevant. The first time I followed the sequence verbatim with the double starts and opening of the door in between. The screen still defaulted to the mpg afterwards.

The second time I made sure to switch the screen back to the speedometer in between the restarts. Afterwards, it consistently started with the speedometer screen showing.

It is definitely not scientific but maybe try the reboot process and making sure it is on whatever screen you actually want to see throughout the process.
Sponsored