Sponsored

Default Dash Colors

When choosing a color like Hella Yella or Mojito! would you like the option to keep the red dash?

• Total voters

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I would have loved a body colored dash panel at maybe a small additional cost, but not at the ridiculous price the aftermarket offerings are currently at.
That’s the thing. Everyone wants cool stuff. But only some are willing or able to pay what it costs, right? Otherwise they’d only build loaded Rubicons.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Thought I already posted, but I'd love to see an option to have them painted any wrangler color, or at least body color like the top and fenders.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think that was in the Gladiator launch edition, so eventually you might find a part number for it.
Really? I had no idea. Thank you, I'll keep an eye out for this.

OP
OP
Avl2294

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2014 JKU Sahara 2004 Dodge Viper
From the poll:

“...would you like the option to...” no further reading necessary; voted Yes. Options are always good.

The real question is, at what price?

Doesn’t really matter to me either way, I’d just go with whatever is cheapest.
I'm really just focused on the red Rubicon dash on a Mojito wrangler. In that case, I don't think they should charge anything to choose whether you want the red or silver. You would think that choosing red would be more expensive, yet on a Mojito Rubicon, they choose silver for you and charge you as if you still have the red. Obviously, it's just a piece of plastic on the dash but after paying $50,000+ for a Rubicon won't be too excited to pay another $300 for the red dash it should've come with in the first place...I don't want a Sport dash.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Avl2294

Avl2294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2014 JKU Sahara 2004 Dodge Viper
I just think If you are paying for a Rubicon(no matter what color), you should at least have the OPTION to keep the red dash.

We can add Bikini to the list of colors that don't get the red dash.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
5D68EE52-6022-4543-874D-1D4B5C58A5EC.jpeg

It looked like this
That's perfect. Exactly what I want. I had been considering various ways to convert white thread to red, and now I don't have to. Hopefully Jeep made the Gladiator dash pieces exactly the same in size and attachment method as the Wrangler's.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
That's perfect. Exactly what I want. I had been considering various ways to convert white thread to red, and now I don't have to. Hopefully Jeep made the Gladiator dash pieces exactly the same in size and attachment method as the Wrangler's.
Not sure if it’s that way in all Gladiator Rubicons, but the Launch edition is supposed to have it. You might be able to figure that out from the Jeep website.

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Freedom of choice is always good, but sometimes the designers actually know what they’re doing. The red stitching is an accent, but the dash is mostly what you see from the front seats. I think the big red dash on green would be too much clash. Besides, I have the silver dash, and it’s actually nicer in person than it looks in pics. Sort of a pearl satin silver, when the roof is on anyway. I like it way more than I thought I would.

Sponsored

TurboMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR '11 JKU '08 HD Softail
I just think If you are paying for a Rubicon(no matter what color), you should at least have the OPTION to keep the red dash.

We can add Bikini to the list of colors that don't get the red dash.
My bikini Rubicon came from factory with the red dash. From what I can find online this was a factory mistake so I think it's kind of cool that it slipped past with it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There’s no such thing as too much red.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My bikini Rubicon came from factory with the red dash. From what I can find online this was a factory mistake so I think it's kind of cool that it slipped past with it.
I'm pretty sure I read that beginning with the 2020 Rubicon models all would have the red dash.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Our Hella Yella has the red dash. I would have ordered without it if I could have. However, it didn't take but a few days to get over that, and today I would order the red dash if I had to. It grew on us.
So you have a condiment edition:like:
Sponsored