Jason77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Hello,
Does anyone know for certain if the Jeep Wrangler Diesel DEF tank and the fluid line to the engine are both heated to prevent fluid freezing in the winter temperatures?
Sponsored

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,
Does anyone know for certain if the Jeep Wrangler Diesel DEF tank and the fluid line to the engine are both heated to prevent fluid freezing in the winter temperatures?
Good question. I use questions like this to dig into the manual and wiring diagrams, to try and learn more about the 3.0L
The manual only mentions a heater in the fuel filter.
Fuse 84 30A is for the UREA heater control unit. Isn't DEF Urea?

OP
OP

Jason77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
That is correct. DEF is a mixture of deionized water and urea. Websites of DEF report it has a freezing point of 12 degrees Farenheit.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
They are heated and the rig starts/runs just fine at -15F in my experience. That was without running my block heater or any added heat to the DEF/SCR system. I will update with any changes when it inevitably sees -20 to -30F this winter.

OP
OP

Jason77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
They are heated and the rig starts/runs just fine at -15F in my experience. That was without running my block heater or any added heat to the DEF/SCR system. I will update with any changes when it inevitably sees -20 to -30F this winter.
OK, very good news to hear. Thank you.
Sponsored