Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

I was thinking if DEF costs was a reason not to get a diesel, that's a piss-poor reason.
I notice you own the 4xe which I've been following since the day it came out. The true unbiased reports are showing an average fuel economy return of 19 to 21 mpg Rubicon model running 33s doing the math at the fuel pump and going off the dash readings. What has been your experience and your opinion. Many of us myself included run 37s and get well over 20 MPG. On the test that I've seen when you include not only the fuel costs but the cost for the electric charge it fares out to approximately $20 more for a 250 mile trip.

OP
OP
No IFS

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Great information on the storage and temperature. Thanks everyone. Lots of good information here

Sponsored

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
How much is it at the pumps? If there is a shortage you would think the truck stops would have a priority. Nothing like a few hundred gallons of diesel and no DEF, where are they going to go.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Still no regrets by me, even with the costs of fuel and DEF.
The regret Club are the non diesel owners we get the most MPGs then any of the platforms and def has not gone up. It is NOT all manufactured in China so be selective,, buy American Made! Let's go Brandon is our biggest regret!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This thread had me running to the store in a panic (because I have less than a quarter tank of DEF remaining) only to find the shelves bulging with product. No shortage here yet.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
This thread had me running to the store in a panic (because I have less than a quarter tank of DEF remaining) only to find the shelves bulging with product. No shortage here yet.
I will still pick up 2 boxes tomorrow. Prices will not come down...Only go up.

Sponsored

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Who knew pee would be in short supply! :)
It's the IFS guy that started this whole rant on there being a def shortage I checked out his profile he doesn't even have a vehicle listed, think he's trolling on here starting crap. His site says something about free speech.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I just ordered a 55 gallon drum for work this morning. It was delivered this afternoon. NAPA had a few hundred at the DC. No shortage in SoCal.