Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I have the exact same set up and not experiencing those issues...I'd recommend you ensure those bolts are all tighten up with loctite cause they loosen easily on the Dee Zee racks!
How does the CVT mount to the DeeZee?

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
Yup...mounts pretty easily! At least the CVT Mt. Hood does...
It just mounts directly on to the deezee cross rails with the supplied hardware from CVT.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Favor to ask the group.....

What is the length of the cross bar in-between the two support feet? The cross rails look to be about 60" and it seems like the free and clear rails (no mounting hardware) will be able 54" or so.

I have a tent with a mounting width of 53.5 and I'm hoping it will be clear of the support feet so I ca use simple carriage bolts and a plate to clamp to the bars.

I'll buy someone a virtual beer if you can post those measurements. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents Jeep-RoofRack-DZ4463JP-05

Sponsored

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Favor to ask the group.....

What is the length of the cross bar in-between the two support feet? The cross rails look to be about 60" and it seems like the free and clear rails (no mounting hardware) will be able 54" or so.

I have a tent with a mounting width of 53.5 and I'm hoping it will be clear of the support feet so I ca use simple carriage bolts and a plate to clamp to the bars.

I'll buy someone a virtual beer if you can post those measurements. Thanks!

Jeep-RoofRack-DZ4463JP-05.jpg
The distance between those point will vary based on where you’re taking the measurements. The top gets wider as move further forward. Because of this, the distance between the support feet will be different on the front support bar when compared to the rear support bar and is dependent on each individual installation.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
The distance between those point will vary based on where you’re taking the measurements. The top gets wider as move further forward. Because of this, the distance between the support feet will be different on the front support bar when compared to the rear support bar and is dependent on each individual installation.
Good point......well...I guess I'd ask the favor of anyone to measure the front most bar and the rear most bar. Appreciate it if anyone is able to help.

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Good point......well...I guess I'd ask the favor of anyone to measure the front most bar and the rear most bar. Appreciate it if anyone is able to help.
Unfortunately, I’m out of town away from my Jeep right now. Otherwise, I’d gladly get some measurements for you.

Firecracker JL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I put three bars on mine so it would give you a good idea of the different points but it started to rain here. I’ll get you measurements once it stops.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the effort

Sponsored

Firecracker JL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Alright, the rain let up and I got you some measurements. My first bar is right behind the freedom panels. I measured leg to leg.
front= 52”
Middle= 51 3/4”
Rear= 51”

ACF

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Hello, this is my first post and wanted to thank everyone in this forum for my hours of reading and looking. After following this thread I decided to go with the Deezee as well, so I wanted to show what I did. I guess I should start by saying Deezee did not in anyway recommend or advise with this install method.

First off, I knew I most likely would not be installing the front portion of the rack. I was wondering how to utilize the extra parts for the back so this is what I ended up with. I "believe" I gave myself more strength and weight limits, but I don't plan on putting more weight than what is recommended on the rack from the original install platform anyway.

So from the picture, you can see I used all four rain gutter brackets on each side of the jeep for the back portion only. I initially tried to put three on with one evenly spaced in the middle but the arc of the roof and gutter high centered the middle bracket so either the front or rear would not seat completely. I chose to double up the ends with the brackets for more surface contact.

As for the cross bars, I evenly spaced all four with the leg supports. The leg support bolts provided are 1 1/4 in length, so on the two middle bars due to the arc, I used 1 inch bolts I got from the hardware store. If I choose to eventually get an RTT (iKamper Mini), I figured this will just give even more weight dispersion on more surface.

I am not an engineer or physics genius, but overall I really like the look of this versus a big rectangle. So far it seems to be extremely solid and I will keep this updated if anyone is interested. I would like to get your thoughts whether good or bad, and I will try my best to answer any questions. Again, Deezee does not recommend or supports this install method, just something I decided to try and make work.

Deezee.jpg

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
Hello, this is my first post and wanted to thank everyone in this forum for my hours of reading and looking. After following this thread I decided to go with the Deezee as well, so I wanted to show what I did. I guess I should start by saying Deezee did not in anyway recommend or advise with this install method.

First off, I knew I most likely would not be installing the front portion of the rack. I was wondering how to utilize the extra parts for the back so this is what I ended up with. I "believe" I gave myself more strength and weight limits, but I don't plan on putting more weight than what is recommended on the rack from the original install platform anyway.

So from the picture, you can see I used all four rain gutter brackets on each side of the jeep for the back portion only. I initially tried to put three on with one evenly spaced in the middle but the arc of the roof and gutter high centered the middle bracket so either the front or rear would not seat completely. I chose to double up the ends with the brackets for more surface contact.

As for the cross bars, I evenly spaced all four with the leg supports. The leg support bolts provided are 1 1/4 in length, so on the two middle bars due to the arc, I used 1 inch bolts I got from the hardware store. If I choose to eventually get an RTT (iKamper Mini), I figured this will just give even more weight dispersion on more surface.

I am not an engineer or physics genius, but overall I really like the look of this versus a big rectangle. So far it seems to be extremely solid and I will keep this updated if anyone is interested. I would like to get your thoughts whether good or bad, and I will try my best to answer any questions. Again, Deezee does not recommend or supports this install method, just something I decided to try and make work.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents Deezee
That looks really good. If I go the roof rack way (probably will soon) I will definitely consider this setup. I would probably not use the front rack since I want to be able to utilize the Freedom panels.

Zeller

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 4xE
Is anyone using rack system on sky top?

Didn’t know if the top would support it with RTT or if you could still function the top with rack still on.
looking into this as well - form photos I think it will fit perfectly, but a bit worried about the load still ...

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
After doing some research I found a $1900 dollar solution that seems perfect for a RTT rack system that doesn’t drill into the roof / can be taken off.

The only issue is that now I have to also buy a RTT, I just couldn’t justify spending 2K on the rack system and possibly another 1-2K on the RTT as well.

I placed my order today for this system instead ($560 shipped) and will be installing my 270 awning + RTT when it comes in and will plan to share with you all. The wife and I are going on 10 day camping trip up the coast of CA through OR for spring break. Should be epic!!
Sponsored