Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
Regarding wind noise, if you bought your rack before the air dam was included - request it. They were good about shipping it out; no mounting hardware, but no charge either. Great customer service.

I run two racks on a 2dr and it's pretty silent with no load up there. Very solid and versatile rack for the money.
Agreed...its surprisingly holding up well and happy with RTT setup. Gonna try my Thule Cargo Box and awning setup soon but should do fine!!!
Sponsored

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Installed the CVT Mt. Hood yesterday and noticed loud rattling when hitting bumps. Anyone else run into this issue after installing an RTT on their Dee Zee rack? If so, how did you resolve it?
Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents 08631ECF-1A9A-49DB-BD3F-81C0DEDFC66F

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the CVT Mt. Hood yesterday and noticed loud rattling when hitting bumps. Anyone else run into this issue after installing an RTT on their Dee Zee rack? If so, how did you resolve it?
Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents 08631ECF-1A9A-49DB-BD3F-81C0DEDFC66F
I have the exact same set up and not experiencing those issues...I'd recommend you ensure those bolts are all tighten up with loctite cause they loosen easily on the Dee Zee racks!

RichieRugs

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
Just spent 9 nights in the RTT with DeeZee rack. Worked out great, surprised on how little of wind noise there was, even at highway speeds. Only dropped 2-3 MPG.
loving the cargo boxes in the tray. Mind sending a link? Anyone have other accessories they love for this rack?

Sponsored

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accessories anyone? Bought the Dee Zee and am loving it so far! Has anyone put up shovel, rotopax, hi lift, etc mounts they love? Maybe time for a new thread?
Good question...I'm running the racks now and am loving it so far. Loaded Thule cargo carrier and cargo basket so far and works great. Only thing I've actually attached to deezee racks are some chase lights and side lights and basically found that you can attach whatever you want as long as you can connect with the 5/16 bolt and nut combo!

trilla

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JLU Sport 6spd
Anyone know of other cargo mounting options for the 24" portion? I know DeeZee carries one, but wondering if any other manufacturers make compatible ones.

RichieRugs

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
Has anyone mounted their rotopax up top? What did you use as a base for the rotopax mount? The rotopax brand mounting plate is short, so it requires you to bring the cross bars really close together. Ideas would be appreciated.

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone mounted their rotopax up top? What did you use as a base for the rotopax mount? The rotopax brand mounting plate is short, so it requires you to bring the cross bars really close together. Ideas would be appreciated.
Nope but I would be interested to see what you find out or what other folks post...I'm thinking of just getting the deezee small box and bungee cording the rotopax up there or strapping them down. Currently on the rear tire so either works for now. Pretty cool setup and surprisingly strong roof rack...

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
I think I am convinced that the DeeZee rack is the way to go. I want to put a RTT on there and do some overlanding with the option to do some good trails as well, eventually the Rubicon and Moab area. It seems like this rack has held up well and I really like the idea of being able to take it off pretty easily and not have to drill holes in the top to install. I think the front rack with a cargo basket would be great for Rotopax and a gear box.

Sponsored

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I am convinced that the DeeZee rack is the way to go. I want to put a RTT on there and do some overlanding with the option to do some good trails as well, eventually the Rubicon and Moab area. It seems like this rack has held up well and I really like the idea of being able to take it off pretty easily and not have to drill holes in the top to install. I think the front rack with a cargo basket would be great for Rotopax and a gear box.
Keith, I think you'll be happy as I didn't expect much from the racks, especially holding up my RTT and sleeping in it but have been pleasantly surprised! I'm happy with it overall!!

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just came back from a 8 day Overlanding adventure from LA to Moab cutting through Zion/Bryce, Lake Powell, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches and finally, Moab. Amazing epic adventure! Happy to report that the DeeZee racks and CVT Mt. Hood RTT held up just fine!!! We camped at BLM land at all stops except in Moab where we stayed at Grandstaff Campground on the Colorado River...Epic trip! While at Moab, we completed Hell's Revenge, Metal Masher, Steel Bender, Poison Spyder and Prichet Canyon all with the DeeZee Racks and Mt. Hood RTT.

I will say that I had to check everyday (sometimes 2 or 3 times a day) before we left a spot that all the bolts and nuts where tight - they kept getting loose while going over the trails - lost 3 bolts/nuts and had to remove the front bar and use those bolts for the ones that came off. Difficult to get the bolts underneath that hold the rails from moving side to side.

Those views!

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
Last edited:

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
You gotta go if you haven't been...don't make plans and just let your Jeep take you to wherever it takes ya!!
Hoping to do that exact same thing this summer. When I get the rack and a rooftop tent of course!!
Sponsored