Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents

Firecracker JL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I just ordered my rack and would love any answers to this question! Thanks!
The bars have a gutter mount system so really anything can be mounted on it as long as you use a L shaped flat metal piece turned upside down and bolted onto the gutter mount. Then bolt your accessory to the mount. Hope that helps.
Sponsored

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
To update on my plan I posted previously in this thread (with the ARB awning brackets) - they fit. I mounted them "upside down" to keep the awning low so I could still get in my garage and parking garages in the city. Really happy with how this turned out and really like the rack so far.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 4.50.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 4.50.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 4.50.32 PM.png
Damn Nick
To update on my plan I posted previously in this thread (with the ARB awning brackets) - they fit. I mounted them "upside down" to keep the awning low so I could still get in my garage and parking garages in the city. Really happy with how this turned out and really like the rack so far.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 4.50.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 4.50.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 4.50.32 PM.png
Damn Nick - your pictures just inspired me to purchase this rack, ARB Brackets and ARB awning today!!! My wife is gonna kill me as I promised her I wouldn't buy anything for the Jeep till black friday!!!! Looks like I'll need to buy the RTT to sleep in going forward!

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead of all the crappy garage pictures - here's a picture of the Jeep with the awning mounted.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 7.34.09 AM.png
This setup looks really clean and exactly what I was looking to do...thank you!

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Damn Nick

Damn Nick - your pictures just inspired me to purchase this rack, ARB Brackets and ARB awning today!!! My wife is gonna kill me as I promised her I wouldn't buy anything for the Jeep till black friday!!!! Looks like I'll need to buy the RTT to sleep in going forward!
Just stow it all away in the garage or a closet until black Friday! "Look honey - I got some killer deals!" Or just tell her that you got black Friday pricing now!

FWIW - I use a Gazelle T4 which I absolutely love. I got 2 sets of the Dee Zee tie down's and some heavy-duty bungee cords with carabiners from Home Depot to carry the tent on the rack. So I guess you could say *technically* it's a roof-top tent?

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Using the Deezee rack here.... so far so good. Have used it 3 times no problems. By no problems I mean with 2 people in the tent weighing less than 400lbs between us... the roof didn’t cave. Other observations are that I’ve noticed it’s probably going to leave a mark at each of the points that sit on the hardtop. Not a big deal to me.... what observations have you guys made? What weight did you manage to hold on this rack?

39924C23-833A-4135-AA6D-3535A8708D64.jpeg

00EEE17F-C55A-4EEA-9E66-2B7B750BC911.jpeg

EEF6EE73-9A50-4A03-9A6A-708CE1DB18F4.jpeg
When you sleep in the RTT, does it sway with wind or just regular movement? Looking to get a RoofNest so I can get it into my garage but wife doesn't think we'll be safe. Together, we would be at around 300 lbs so told her we should be plenty good :) . Also, you've been out about 3 times, any concerns whatsoever on the Dee Zee and the RTT combo? Besides what you mention above with the marking...

Thank you!

Sponsored

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just stow it all away in the garage or a closet until black Friday! "Look honey - I got some killer deals!" Or just tell her that you got black Friday pricing now!

FWIW - I use a Gazelle T4 which I absolutely love. I got 2 sets of the Dee Zee tie down's and some heavy-duty bungee cords with carabiners from Home Depot to carry the tent on the rack. So I guess you could say *technically* it's a roof-top tent?
LOL!! Went with the 2nd option! It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up :)

offrdnjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
When you sleep in the RTT, does it sway with wind or just regular movement? Looking to get a RoofNest so I can get it into my garage but wife doesn't think we'll be safe. Together, we would be at around 300 lbs so told her we should be plenty good :) . Also, you've been out about 3 times, any concerns whatsoever on the Dee Zee and the RTT combo? Besides what you mention above with the marking...

Thank you!
It’s actually pretty stable!! No movement at all with the wind... although I didn’t sleep in the tent when it was super windy. You should be more than good with that weight. It can hold 600lb static weight so if you account you and your wife’s weight + weight of tent itself you’ll be good.

offrdnjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Selling my DeeZee roof rack system! Local pick up in Southern California only. Comes with front cross bars as well. :)

94AFF710-2D2E-4551-8C3E-E16202395CB0.jpeg

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Selling my DeeZee roof rack system! Local pick up in Southern California only. Comes with front cross bars as well. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents 94AFF710-2D2E-4551-8C3E-E16202395CB0
Why are you selling? I already ordered mine and awaiting shipment next week...however, if they are good racks, my brother would be interested in purchasing. Please DM me for pricing...Thanks!

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Has anyone done some offroading with this rack and a RTT? I'm being told I'll probably want to get a different rack unless I plan on only going on pavement and flat campsites. I don't plan on rock crawling with the rack and RTT, but I don't want to be limited to not going on trails. I should be picking up my RTT tomorrow.

Sponsored

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone done some offroading with this rack and a RTT? I'm being told I'll probably want to get a different rack unless I plan on only going on pavement and flat campsites. I don't plan on rock crawling with the rack and RTT, but I don't want to be limited to not going on trails. I should be picking up my RTT tomorrow.
Just received my DeeZee racks and installing this weekend....will be wheeling next weekend and will update! Unfortunately, DeeZee didn't ship all the mounting brackets so may have to wait till I get those to complete.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Anybody using a platform on top of this rack? If so, which one?

We were originally thinking RTT but we’ve decided to go a different route for now. I know DeeZee makes their own basket for the top but I’d prefer a larger platform if possible. Dogs will be riding in the back so not much room for camping gear. Thanks!

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Anybody using a platform on top of this rack? If so, which one?

We were originally thinking RTT but we’ve decided to go a different route for now. I know DeeZee makes their own basket for the top but I’d prefer a larger platform if possible. Dogs will be riding in the back so not much room for camping gear. Thanks!
I was actually wondering recently if the Yakima LockNLoad platform would work somehow...

https://yakima.com/products/locknload-platform

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I was actually wondering recently if the Yakima LockNLoad platform would work somehow...

https://yakima.com/products/locknload-platform
We bought the Dee Zee Rack this week and it should arrive tomorrow. I guess at that point I’ll be able to tell what (if any) platforms will work with it. If not, I don’t mind using the baskets they make since they can also double as an interior shelf in the rear.

Burkehimself

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU