Sponsored

Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents

SeanR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
So the latest version of the rack comes with a mini air dam which is basically angle iron. Rack is silent. Probably order it from dee zee after the fact. Here are a few picks.

E1A67559-4138-406A-BD41-38588FC0C78F.jpeg
@Hardybreed Dan, what's that bracket in the last pic?
Sponsored

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Got most of the rack installed yesterday. I still need to mount the front section and get the 3rd crossbar installed for the rear section, but I wanted to get the awning brackets mocked up and see if I could still fit in my garage. It's a close fit to say the least - but I'm really liking the way the brackets look. I mounted them upside down for a more flush fit and to keep the overall height down.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
Looks clean. What awning are you installing? Are the brackets standard?

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Looks clean. What awning are you installing? Are the brackets standard?
The awning I have is just a basic ARB 2000. The brackets you see in the pictures are the ARB 813402 brackets. I called Dee Zee to confirm the width of their hex bars before ordering the awning. The hex bars fit perfectly with these brackets - they're able to be mounted in the "upside down" configuration and the brackets fully receive the hex bar on the Dee Zee rack. The gusseted piece on the 90* angle on the bracket is wider than the hex bars so it worked out perfectly.

If anyone running this rack is looking for a clean and low-profile solution for mounting an awning I highly recommend these brackets.

Sponsored

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
I like it. I may have to look into that awning. Thanks for the pictures

DbqDude

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 GC High Altitude Hemi
Mounted my RTT on DEE ZEE rack ...
Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents IMG_0861

Jeep Wrangler JL Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents IMG_0861
Do you have a pic showing the rear? I ordered this rack as well and am looking at the same tent. Trying to decide if I can have the tent open to the rear and still swing the tailgate open with the ladder down. Thanks

Sponsored

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
I haven't seen this information in this thread, but would the back part of the Dee Zee roof rack for on a 2 doors?
I would just resale the front part.
Thank you.

DbqDude

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 GC High Altitude Hemi
I haven't seen this information in this thread, but would the back part of the Dee Zee roof rack for on a 2 doors?
I would just resale the front part.
Thank you.
They say specifically not to connect the front and rear roof sections with one rack in the instructions. They do sell the 24 inch racks separately so you can put one on front and one on back of the 2 door.

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
They say specifically not to connect the front and rear roof sections with one rack in the instructions. They do sell the 24 inch racks separately so you can put one on front and one on back of the 2 door.
The lack of options for 2 doors owners is getting annoying. The JL has been out for almost 3 years now.
Thanks for the info.

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Got the rack installed.

20200828-175138.jpg

20200828-175145.jpg

Initial impression is I love it. It's low-profile, seems very sturdy, and is well-built. Putting it together and installing it by myself took maybe an hour or so, with a few breaks to do other stuff. Most time consuming part was measuring and lining stuff up while mounting to the top. I bought mine off Amazon and it came straight from DeeZee with an 8/20 mfg date and did include the air dam. The rack adds zero wind noise. I'm super impressed and now I can't wait to get some kayak mounts and a RTT. Cheers!
Sponsored