Dee Zee rack for Roof Top Tents

REDCOMETJLUXR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Just got mine installed today. I like the look so far. Will be testing it out on a road trip tomorrow. I did hop on top for "testing". I weigh 170 so I was not expecting any issues.

Not sure why everyone is complaining about it sticking out. It barely sticks out about an inch from each side.

IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg
IMG_1271(1).jpg
IMG_1274.jpg
I got the Besttop rack for my parents this past Christmas, did you return it because of the humming abound 60 mph?
Sponsored

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
For people that haven't used any Loctite, how has it been holding up for you? I am wondering if I need to re-do everything with loctite or not.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I shortened mine by removing the caps and cut a bit off from the side to have it be the same width as the top, then put the caps back. Helps with not getting it snagged on trees or large rocks when off roading.
I actually like that it does the branch whacking and not the hard top corners and rain gutters. For me that longer cross bar was a win-win :D

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
For people that haven't used any Loctite, how has it been holding up for you? I am wondering if I need to re-do everything with loctite or not.
I’ve had mine on for a solid 2+ years at this point and I’ve never used a drop of loctite. I suppose if mine needed it, I would do it, but mine has been rock solid.

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
I’ve had mine on for a solid 2+ years at this point and I’ve never used a drop of loctite. I suppose if mine needed it, I would do it, but mine has been rock solid.
Curios, how tight did you bolt everything on? I noticed if you go too tight the nuts start eating on the Aluminum.

Sponsored

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
I got the Besttop rack for my parents this past Christmas, did you return it because of the humming abound 60 mph?
I wanted something light, and the besop rack is, but the mounting brackets are almost as heavy as the rack itself. I wanted something I could easily lift with my toplift pro (which I've confirmed with them that it can lift the top with lighter racks on). Dee Zee is super light for what it offers. Without the front portion, the whole thing is like 40 lbs only.

I understand wind noise can be mitigated with a fairing or some DIY hacks, but because of the above and worrying about fixing wind noise, I wanted to try Dee Zee and so far I like it a lot more. The included tiny fairing with Dee Zee works great, and you can barely even notice it there.

Dee Zee is a lot lighter, no noise with included fairing, looks nicer (subjective), and is cheaper from Amazon (got mine for $470).

Firecracker JL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I actually like that it does the branch whacking and not the hard top corners and rain gutters. For me that longer cross bar was a win-win :D
The bars that clamp onto the gutter rails provide some protection against scrapes too so I waant worried too much about having my top scrape. Just didn't like the look of how much overhang there was on each side.

REDCOMETJLUXR

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I wanted something light, and the besop rack is, but the mounting brackets are almost as heavy as the rack itself. I wanted something I could easily lift with my toplift pro (which I've confirmed with them that it can lift the top with lighter racks on). Dee Zee is super light for what it offers. Without the front portion, the whole thing is like 40 lbs only.

I understand wind noise can be mitigated with a fairing or some DIY hacks, but because of the above and worrying about fixing wind noise, I wanted to try Dee Zee and so far I like it a lot more. The included tiny fairing with Dee Zee works great, and you can barely even notice it there.

Dee Zee is a lot lighter, no noise with included fairing, looks nicer (subjective), and is cheaper from Amazon (got mine for $470).
yea I'm trying to figure out how to minimize with humming noise, ill look up some of those vids thank you.
The dee zee rack i’m familiar with, we actually have it and love it as well. At one point was on my jeep but swapped it over to the wife’s and went a different route. The time I used it was on a 800+ mile road trip with the pelican filled and thing didn’t move at all, did a few trails with it and I did loctite everything.
6B128AB1-4D6C-4ACC-A873-D450F68630C5.jpeg

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Curios, how tight did you bolt everything on? I noticed if you go too tight the nuts start eating on the Aluminum.
I have a torque wrench that I use on the bolts so that I have a common reference for how tight everything is. I typically set it at about 30 in/lbs and have never had anything come loose.

Any time I noticed the bolts digging into the rack I just added a washer, used a different bolt length, or just ground off the end of the bolt to make it work.

erickdiaz019

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I actually decided to replace all the nuts with lock nuts. Has worked amazing and I don’t need loctite

Sponsored

Tracy the Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport
Has anyone thrown on some yakama or Thule kayak racks onto this? Looking at getting it for kayaks for the summer since I don't trust just using the rain gutters alone.

timetogetway

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe
Has anyone used just the rear with a sky one touch so they can still open one touch above the driver and front passenger?

Firecracker JL

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Has anyone used just the rear with a sky one touch so they can still open one touch above the driver and front passenger?
I was wondering the same thing and called DeeZee to see if it would work. They didn't know and said they would call me back....that was months ago and no response yet.

timetogetway

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe
Looks like with a measurement someone posted earlier in this thread Ikampers wont fit this because the clamps are about 2.5 inch high.

Dillythekid

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport s
Hello hello all,

I have a 2drJl that I’d love to get the deezee rack for. Not putting a tent up top, just some storage boxes likely.

do you think two 24 inch racks would work well? Is it viable?
the total length of the gutters is 65 inches so you can even use the 60 inch if it’s okay to go on the freedom panels.

I haven’t seen anyone mention using this rack for 2 doors but was curious if anyone’s tried
Sponsored