Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I had a MCS. Great car but dump it as soon as the warranty is up. Just a word of advice unless you like paying euro car prices for maintenance. We did the same thing with our Audi RS4.
Sounds like any other German car: great to own under warranty, but get rid of it before the warranty ends or you will get stuck with expensive repairs.
Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
My wife and I had a MCS. Great car but dump it as soon as the warranty is up. Just a word of advice unless you like paying euro car prices for maintenance. We did the same thing with our Audi RS4.
We recently had brand new minis twice as a rental, and people complain about cheap plastics in Jeeps. The interior felt like it was ready to fall apart just by looking at it. The controls & infotainment system are way more complex than they need to be, visibility was poor, etc. Tbh, I think my 2012 Fiat 500 sport had better build quality. Just my opinion of course.

McLeadslinger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.[Banned Site]
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy’s
People in the US have this assumption that Minis are a high end brand. They are far from it. They are an econo box over in Europe like low end Mercedes and BMW’s. Our Mini Cooper S was cool and kinda quick for what it was but the interior quality was sub par. We bought it mostly for a gas sipper
We recently had brand new minis twice as a rental, and people complain about cheap plastics in Jeeps. The interior felt like it was ready to fall apart just by looking at it. The controls & infotainment system are way more complex than they need to be, visibility was poor, etc. Tbh, I think my 2012 Fiat 500 sport had better build quality. Just my opinion of course.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
And don’t worry… The cost of the remodel will be added to the price of your next vehicle purchase. 🙄
Not a remodel, leave those ugly showrooms to the other brands. Just a big steel building, like Harley dealers. Since many of the big volume dealers aren't stocking 500-600 vehicles now, and probably wont again, many have the space to build it. If you've never been to one, stop by a Harley dealer just to look around. They really have it figured out. Even if you don't ride, or don't like Harleys, you will be surprised how well one of those dealers is set up and ran. Especially the newer ones.

What Jeep will probably try to do is build showrooms that look like mountain lodges and go for a "high end" atmosphere, like the Land/Range Rover dealers had up until a few years ago. Rugged "inspired" but not really.

Sponsored

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
I can't imagine wanting to go to a jeep showroom that didn't have cars in it.
there aren't enough cars on my dealers lot to fill a show room.. (that's one by the way)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
If they want me to advertise for them, they better give me the shirt for free...
I agree in principle but they are viewed more like a “trail badge” for lack of a better explanation.Edit—Some have H-D on everything from their coffee mug to their pickup truck as an “identity badge”

Last edited:

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
The comparison to Harley Davidson is the closest thing. Imagine a Jeep showroom that obviously sells and services Jeeps but also installs upgrades, sells trip packages for cool off-roading trips, and serves as a meeting hub for local Jeep clubs. This idea could be a massive success if done properly.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
The comparison to Harley Davidson is the closest thing. Imagine a Jeep showroom that obviously sells and services Jeeps but also installs upgrades, sells trip packages for cool off-roading trips, and serves as a meeting hub for local Jeep clubs. This idea could be a massive success if done properly.
That is exactly the strategy they are trying to implement. I think it is a good idea if, and it is a very big IF....if they can get dealers to go along and not attempt to r@pe customers every chance they get and improve salesforce expertise.

If they were building this from ground up, it would be easy. However, if they have to use existing dealers with that old school car sales culture, it could sabotage the entire plan.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
That is exactly the strategy they are trying to implement. I think it is a good idea if, and it is a very big IF....if they can get dealers to go along and not attempt to r@pe customers every chance they get and improve salesforce expertise.

If they were building this from ground up, it would be easy. However, if they have to use existing dealers with that old school car sales culture, it could sabotage the entire plan.
:CWL::LOL: Salesforce Expertise? I knew more about the XR option than the SM, more about the vehicle operation than the salesman explaining it to me upon delivery and it’s my first Wrangler! Pathetic!!!!

Sponsored

scott.roams

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Researching...
Can't imagine a dedicated showroom making or breaking a well-known brand name such as Jeep... But I guess I've seen dumber ideas. 🤷🏻

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Can't imagine a dedicated showroom making or breaking a well-known brand name such as Jeep... But I guess I've seen dumber ideas. 🤷🏻
Opening showrooms makes executives feel like they are doing important stuff.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just like TXRubicon said this is probably more so for wagoneer people but I also think this is just another way for them the phase chrysler and dodge out. For some time now I didnt think they had any real legitimate interest in keeping them alive
Jeep will never have a minivan.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Stellantis is probably more likely to phase them out than any owner before. Rebrand the trucks as Dodge and kill off Chrysler as a car brand. Allow the Dodge cars to die on the vine while the trucks continue and carry the brand. I never liked the Ram brand name or their logo anyway. Chrysler reborn as an electric only car brand could possibly work.

One problem I see here that the new plan will probably result in the dealer looking more like an Eddie Bauer or LL Bean store, due to the addition of the Wagoneers as a luxury offering.

Now, Harley dealers sell ridiculously expensive luxury motorcycles and even their entry elevel bikes are pricey. Becuase of that, I believe that Jeep dealers done in the Harley way would work.
Sponsored