joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going through a mid-life crisis thing and finally getting my dream Jeep and am interested in getting some outside input and opinions. I had an '84 FJ-40 about 22 years ago and miss it terribly, now I'm waiting for the JL to get into my dream Jeep. One of the things I've been considering is to get either body color fenders or the black fenders. The one thing that makes me hesitate about the black is I've read that they need to be maintained with Armor All to keep that rich black look and that scratches can be seen easily. The other thing I've been thinking about is ordering the new JL with the base soft top and then getting an after market Hard Top fast back. One of the things that makes me hesitate with the fast back is the loss of interior cargo room. Another is, I need to have a cargo box carrier on top and not sure if I could easily find a rack to accommodate a cargo box. If the fast back won't work out I'll probably just order the JL with the black hard top. I wanted the new JL in Gobi green but it doesn't look like that will be an option so will probably go with the Granite Crystal Metallic. Any advice or input would be appreciated - thanks all.
Sponsored

Hivoltage

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 & 2016 Wranglers.
The plastic fenders are easy to keep looking nice and Armour All is not it. Do not let that sway you !!!!

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
If you're going to cruise around town then painted fenders will be ok. Otherwise if the Jeep will be bumping into trees, branches, rocks, ect. then non-painted is the way to go.

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 1997 Lexus LX450
If it’s anything like the JK you will have plenty of used and takeoff fenders to swap.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
If you're going to cruise around town then painted fenders will be ok. Otherwise if the Jeep will be bumping into trees, branches, rocks, ect. then non-painted is the way to go.
@joeyjoejoe285 this is all you need to know
Sponsored