Sponsored

?decal on ‘19 Rubicon Body Colored flares?

RubyToBe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 2019 Rubicon
Quick question- when I picked up car from dealer Friday, I noticed an oblong body colored (or maybe clear) decal on the forward side of the rear fender flares on both sides. Asked dealer abt it, he wasn’t sure. All other ruby’s on lot had it. It just seems weird to wax over this- has anyone else noticed this? Is it a decal that was supposed to be removed? Or is it part of the design? Thanks so much for your replies. I’m not near my
Car right now so I can’t post a pic just yet
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has it too. I’m assuming it’s there to protect the paint from rock chips.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It is 3M protective tape and you'll find over just a few weeks, especially if you go off road, on gravel roads, or even salted/sanded roads, that it is a very good thing.

I liked it so much I added some to my door hinges to protect them, as well.

It can also work well to protect the leading edge of your hood. I haven't done that yet, but may at some point. Unlike a bug deflector, it doesn't change the looks or airflow over the hood.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I posted about it about a week ago also. It was there on the 18s also. I also noticed that those are the dirtiest part of my fenders, so they do provide at least some protection.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, paint protection film for body color fenders. If you need to replace it r3offroad.com sells precut film to save you the time of trying to do it yourself.

Sponsored

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
Yes, paint protection film for body color fenders. If you need to replace it r3offroad.com sells precut film to save you the time of trying to do it yourself.
wow, that stuff is crazy expensive!

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's a film to protect the paint. When I first saw it, I assumed it was for when people get in and out of the back seat to prevent their clothes (jackets?) from scratching the paint. I guess it could be for off-roading too.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I missed their black Friday sale. I’m sad and gonna wait till they have a sale again.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
wow, that stuff is crazy expensive!
I bought the hinge protectors and will say that the time / cuss words saved vs trying to cut it myself was worth every $. I don’t have the body color fenders, but he uses top quality material and vs a repaint is cheap. Value is always relative ... in my other pocket emptier hobby some people spend weeks building diy subwoofers for their theater room and others pay 5x the price for an out of the box product that looks better, performs the same but they can listen to 10 mins after unpacking it. They are both right...

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
The film is not enough. You absolutely need front mud flaps or you will have rock chips all over your Jeep.
Sponsored