Death Wobble

mbar1156

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I know this has been beat to death but I just need a quick answer. My stock 2019 JLU Sahara steering has slowly been getting worse when going around turns and hitting a bump on the highway. Yesterday for my wife she said it was really bad. Is this something the dealership will fix under warranty? ORRR am I going to pay out of pocket? If I'm paying out of my pocket, what is the fix so I can DIY?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How many miles? Should be covered if under 36k.

You’re not describing death wobble.

OP
OP
mbar1156

mbar1156

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
27,000 Miles. When driving I'd say any speed over 35mph, if you hit a (pot hole, bump in road, uneven bridge) when going around a turn the front of the jeep shakes. It started a few months ago very minor and I didn't think much of it. The past few times it has gotten worse but not something I would say "woah this is really bad". Yesterday my wife was driving and she said it was worse then before. (This is her Jeep so she drives it everyday). I don't know that I'd say its the steering itself, it seems as though its something else.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
27,000 Miles. When driving I'd say any speed over 35mph, if you hit a (pot hole, bump in road, uneven bridge) when going around a turn the front of the jeep shakes. It started a few months ago very minor and I didn't think much of it. The past few times it has gotten worse but not something I would say "woah this is really bad". Yesterday my wife was driving and she said it was worse then before. (This is her Jeep so she drives it everyday). I don't know that I'd say its the steering itself, it seems as though its something else.
I’d crawl under it and watch the track bar where it connects to the frame while your wife tuns the steering wheel back and forth, look for any movement in that connection. Even the slightest of movements makes a difference. Then watch the other end for the same thing. That’s where I’d start .

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has been beat to death but I just need a quick answer. My stock 2019 JLU Sahara steering has slowly been getting worse when going around turns and hitting a bump on the highway. Yesterday for my wife she said it was really bad. Is this something the dealership will fix under warranty? ORRR am I going to pay out of pocket? If I'm paying out of my pocket, what is the fix so I can DIY?
Matt
Tell me about your Jeep and look at the attached video on second page 25 seconds in that was my 2018 JLR with 10000 miles no mods except winch. also read how Exact Center is explained copy and paste. We will see what we can do if you have a video of your Death Wobble please share it

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-roadmaster-explained-by-the-inventor.87515/
https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
Sponsored